LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 196 users in the forums

2011 Oakland A's Thread

I totally said I'll take a win in Phily and we accomplished that. We could have had 2 but this team is subpar so I'll jus take the one.
Halladay is all business, man. Dude's the best in the league, bar none. Too tough to touch today. But yeah, we need a good stretch vs. the Marlins and D-backs over the next week. Fly back home, and we'll have Gio on the hill tuesday night.
Oh, and and does anyone find it sad that David DeJesus was supposed to leadoff for us this season, get on base, etc...dude is platooning in the outfield. If Willingham were healthy, who knows how many AB's he'd get.
Originally posted by Jigga:
Halladay is all business, man. Dude's the best in the league, bar none. Too tough to touch today. But yeah, we need a good stretch vs. the Marlins and D-backs over the next week. Fly back home, and we'll have Gio on the hill tuesday night.

Ya I'm surprised we are only 6 back. I still think this AL west is wide open not because I think the A's are good but all the other teams aren't that good. We need to win at least 4 games against the marlins and d backs which I think we will do.
Originally posted by socalfan21:

Ya I'm surprised we are only 6 back. I still think this AL west is wide open not because I think the A's are good but all the other teams aren't that good. We need to win at least 4 games against the marlins and d backs which I think we will do.

Seriously it's like the NFC West
Gio only allowed 1 hit in 8 innings today
Originally posted by Harbaugh52:

IMO he's got the best stuff on our staff. Fun to watch him pitch. If his head is right and Zook is calling a good game, Gio is so tough to touch. If only Big Red could stay healthy.

IMO he's got the best stuff on our staff. Fun to watch him pitch. If his head is right and Zook is calling a good game, Gio is so tough to touch. If only Big Red could stay healthy.

Yeah Gio has the best stuff and he's also the most consistent one. I hope we lock him up to a long term contract soon

Andersons fastball and curveball are great though

Yeah Gio has the best stuff and he's also the most consistent one. I hope we lock him up to a long term contract soon

All that said, Cahill is easily the first one that we should lock up first. If he finishes with another great season, you have to reward the guy that's stayed in the rotation and pitched most consistently.
  • kw49
  • Veteran

All that said, Cahill is easily the first one that we should lock up first. If he finishes with another great season, you have to reward the guy that's stayed in the rotation and pitched most consistently.

Didn't they sign him to a long term contract earlier this year?

Originally posted by kw49:

You're right. At the beginning of the season. He's here until 2015, with options in 2016 and 2017.
Originally posted by kw49:

You're right. At the beginning of the season. He's here until 2015, with options in 2016 and 2017.

Yeah, I hope Gio is next
Cahill and BA are extended so Gio is next hopefully!
I would like to see this team show some balls and trade for a bat
Originally posted by socalfan21:
I would like to see this team show some balls and trade for a bat

For real try to trade a couple of our 8 starting caliber pitchers for a bat please

Cahill BA Gio mcCarthy Ross Harden Moscoso Gosfrey Outman have showed that they can all start and don't forget Braden

I just listed 10 pitchers
Share 49ersWebzone