• Veteran
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
The dunk contest is whack now.

Some guy jumps 3 feet over a car and gets a 50 because he has a choir and a car on the court
Some guy jumps behind the damn free throw line and gets a 44.

Was jumping over a car really more impressive?

Its all about presentation now, its stupid

If Blake had worn a cape, he would have gotten a 60.

Lol I was saying the same thing to a friend about Ibaka from the free throw line

That was the best dunk of the night IMO.

Impressive, but he didnt deserve a higher score. Not only has it been done before, but everyone before him dunked with more power and style than him.

and from closer than him...

and were much smaller than him...
Best dunk of the night was javale mcgees rock the cradle dunk
Originally posted by valrod33:

When did Blake Griffin do that one?
i actually liked derozan's dunks the best..
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by valrod33:

When did Blake Griffin do that one?

In the middle of the dunk where he jumped over the car
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
i actually liked derozan's dunks the best..

Agreed.

I think if Blake could have done the one he originally wanted with Baron passing him the ball, that would have been SICK.
DeRozan wants Dunk Contest, not Prop Contest
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

LOL. Can't say I blame him. Both of his dunks were filthy, especially the second one.

But at the end of the day, it's all just entertainment. This is the most people have talked about the dunk contest in a long time.

Funny part is that the guy who won didn't really use many props besides the car (which happened to be his lamest dunk). That is what I actually liked about Griffin, he kept it about dunking for the most part.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

Funny part is that the guy who won didn't really use many props besides the car (which happened to be his lamest dunk). That is what I actually liked about Griffin, he kept it about dunking for the most part.

Griffin should have lost just for being dumb enough to involve Baron Davis. His two worst dunks of the contest involved him depending on Baron to deliver a good pass. Same with Derozan & Amir Johnson.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by 9erReign:

Griffin should have lost just for being dumb enough to involve Baron Davis. His two worst dunks of the contest involved him depending on Baron to deliver a good pass. Same with Derozan & Amir Johnson.

This. Griffin's solo dunks were friggin' sweet (and didn't take forever).
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

LOL. Can't say I blame him. Both of his dunks were filthy, especially the second one.

But at the end of the day, it's all just entertainment. This is the most people have talked about the dunk contest in a long time.

He's got a point.

He didn't try and do anything ridiculous with toys etc, he just flat out exploded at the rim. I think I enjoyed his dunks the most out of the entire contest.