There are 75 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

dunk contest and other festivities

Originally posted by WestCoast:
dunk contest is sooo lame. same old lame dunks ive seen a million times. they need to can this competition.

There were a couple of dunks tonight I'd never seen before.
The car needed to be at least 3 feet farther from the basket for it to be stupid crazy sick.
lol so i heard blake griffin jumped over a car tonight

maybe he should have jumped the length of a mini cooper instead

How did this only get a 44?

Dwight Howard lays it in from in front of the free throw line and gets a 50 because he wears a cape
and this gets a 44? lol
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:

Dwight Howard lays it in from in front of the free throw line and gets a 50 because he wears a cape
and this gets a 44? lol

He got robbed. Should have been easy 50.

and this gets a 44? lol

He traveled.

-9fA
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Feb 20, 2011 at 9:48 AM ]
that dunk was sick
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

and this gets a 44? lol

He traveled.

-9fA

*waits for TheGoldStanturd to disagree.*
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

and this gets a 44? lol

He traveled.

-9fA

*waits for TheGoldStanturd to disagree.*

lol

dude did get robbed though. That was farther than Doc J and Jordan...problem is he is 7 foot and it doesnt look as cool.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by dobo:
Vince Carter killed the dunk competition, IMO.

That is really going out on a limb there

Expectations killed the dunk contest. Go back and watch the old dunk contests...they sucked.

I was being sarcastic. Vince Carter's performance probably will never be matched by an NBA player ever.

I really think they should allow 1-2 non NBA players into the dunk contest who specialize just in street dunking ability. Just to push the envelope a lil bit
Does anyone else think that its kinda dumb to have the fans vote on the winner?
They just vote for the bigger name
anyone watching the all-star game tonight? I wasn't going to but there isn't anything else on. NBA all-star game is usually pretty bad.
Does anyone else think that its kinda dumb to have the fans vote on the winner?
They just vote for the bigger name

At least wait until they are finished dunking in the final round. The voting started before the dunking.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by dobo:
Vince Carter killed the dunk competition, IMO.

That is really going out on a limb there

Expectations killed the dunk contest. Go back and watch the old dunk contests...they sucked.

I was being sarcastic. Vince Carter's performance probably will never be matched by an NBA player ever.

I really think they should allow 1-2 non NBA players into the dunk contest who specialize just in street dunking ability. Just to push the envelope a lil bit

I know you were being sarcastic. But what did VC do that was so different than what the dudes yesterday did?

VC's performance is considered better because it happened 11 years ago. That's the only difference. Things were always better "back then".

[ Edited by LA9erFan on Feb 20, 2011 at 2:27 PM ]