I don't think they can do that.
They'd still be under contract technically right?
And FIBA has rules in place that require teams to honor contracts signed in other leagues
There are 631 users in the forums
Teammate: Kobe headed overseas if lockout occurs
- 1 2
Feb 13, 2011 at 7:15 PM
- crzy
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 40,285
Feb 13, 2011 at 7:17 PM
- pantstickle
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 3,598
"the teammate"? Did they forget how to spell Lamar or something? Maybe it was the Kardashian part that tripped them up.
Feb 13, 2011 at 7:58 PM
- StOnEy333
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 99,664
Originally posted by crzy:
I don't think they can do that.
They'd still be under contract technically right?
And FIBA has rules in place that require teams to honor contracts signed in other leagues
The first thing I thought of was FIBA, too. There's no way they'd be cool with that.
Feb 13, 2011 at 10:42 PM
- LA9erFan
- Veteran
- Posts: 66,021
Originally posted by crzy:
I don't think they can do that.
They'd still be under contract technically right?
And FIBA has rules in place that require teams to honor contracts signed in other leagues
You're correct on all counts.
Feb 14, 2011 at 7:36 AM
- ads_2006
- Veteran
- Posts: 64,531
would he really risk an injury too?
Feb 14, 2011 at 12:24 PM
- GoreGoreGore
- 10HourChicken
- Posts: 61,705
Originally posted by crzy:
I don't think they can do that.
They'd still be under contract technically right?
And FIBA has rules in place that require teams to honor contracts signed in other leagues
I'm not sure. When NHL went into a lockout, a lot of NHL players went and played in Europe, while being under contract.
Feb 14, 2011 at 12:26 PM
- 49ersalldaway126
- Veteran
- Posts: 14,549
Originally posted by crzy:
I don't think they can do that.
They'd still be under contract technically right?
And FIBA has rules in place that require teams to honor contracts signed in other leagues
i think htey can sign a contract as long as
a the lakers are okay with it
b doesnt interfere with nba season
Feb 14, 2011 at 3:27 PM
- StOnEy333
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 99,664
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:Originally posted by crzy:
I don't think they can do that.
They'd still be under contract technically right?
And FIBA has rules in place that require teams to honor contracts signed in other leagues
i think htey can sign a contract as long as
a the lakers are okay with it
b doesnt interfere with nba season
I'm pretty damn sure A isn't gonna happen.
Feb 14, 2011 at 4:26 PM
- global_nomad
- Veteran
- Posts: 14,827
Originally posted by ads_2006:
would he really risk an injury too?
Kobe has an international pedigree, he would actually enjoy playing overseas and injury would be the last thing on his mind.
Feb 14, 2011 at 9:27 PM
- Negrodamus
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,782
now it all makes sense to why Kobe would like to play in Italy
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
One of Kobe's hoes claiming she has his kid? Is this real?
Feb 14, 2011 at 10:36 PM
- Joecool
- Veteran
- Posts: 70,984
You guys are talking about this why?
He ain't going anywhere; they don't take rapists.
He ain't going anywhere; they don't take rapists.
Feb 15, 2011 at 5:30 AM
- matt49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,613
no way this happens....FIBA wouldn't allow it, the Lakers wouldn't sign off on it and Kobe would really do it IMO unless the Euro team payed him like $100M for 1 year or something.
Feb 15, 2011 at 6:54 PM
- global_nomad
- Veteran
- Posts: 14,827
Originally posted by matt49er:
no way this happens....FIBA wouldn't allow it, the Lakers wouldn't sign off on it and Kobe would really do it IMO unless the Euro team payed him like $100M for 1 year or something.
maybe its just me but people talking about Kobe only going to Europe for money I think aren't thinking straight. its where he grew up. It would be a homecoming in a since for him.
Feb 15, 2011 at 8:00 PM
- global_nomad
- Veteran
- Posts: 14,827
Originally posted by global_nomad:Originally posted by matt49er:
no way this happens....FIBA wouldn't allow it, the Lakers wouldn't sign off on it and Kobe would really do it IMO unless the Euro team payed him like $100M for 1 year or something.
maybe its just me but people talking about Kobe only going to Europe for money I think aren't thinking straight. its where he grew up. It would be a homecoming in a since for him.
Its like Jordan always want to play pro baseball and a series of events lead him to trying that. I think Kobe has always wanted to return to Italy (where he grew up) and play, and if a lock out provided the opportunity I think he would look into it, regardless of $$$$
- 1 2
