Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Booby Engram

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kenyonsdad:
Bobby Engram-Not Jerry Rice

One piece at a time.

So he's some sort of offensive assistant? They're not mentioning him as the WR's coach yet.

Maybe they hire a WR's coach and Engram will be the assistant WR's coach.

Not entirely thrilled in letting a rookie coach groom our receivers.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
So he's some sort of offensive assistant? They're not mentioning him as the WR's coach yet.

Yeah we were entirely thrilled when Sully (supposedly one of the best WR coaches) came in, and we know how that turned out.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Yeah we were entirely thrilled when Sully (supposedly one of the best WR coaches) came in, and we know how that turned out.

Don't we have John Morton as our WR's Coach?
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:

Forgot about John Morton.

Thanks for helping me answer my own questions.

Yes, and Engram is an offensive assistant, but reports say he'll most likely be working with WR's too. And i'm sure the main reason coach Harbaugh brought him in is from his experience playing in the WCO, this is good for our WR's.

[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Jan 29, 2011 at 00:36:42 ]

Not having a legit QB would only take WR coaching so far.

Yes. Morton is our WR's coach. Engram is an offensive assistant coach. It appears he's not really in charge of anything, he's just going to help convey the wr assignments and be another resource for the players.

BTW, Is it just me or does it seem like we're going to have a ton of people on our coaching staff?

I mean, coaching on offense we have Harbaugh calling most plays with OC Roman. We have Drevno and Solari coaching the O-line, with Brown focusing on Tackles and TE's. Roman will also be coaching TE's. Rathman coaching RB's. Morton as WR's coach with Engram assisting. Am I missing anyone? It seems like a lot of coaches. I'm not saying it's good or bad, but doesn't it seem like a large staff?
Originally posted by mug0mug:

Yes. Morton is our WR's coach. Engram is an offensive assistant coach. It appears he's not really in charge of anything, he's just going to help convey the wr assignments and be another resource for the players.

BTW, Is it just me or does it seem like we're going to have a ton of people on our coaching staff?

I mean, coaching on offense we have Harbaugh calling most plays with OC Roman. We have Drevno and Solari coaching the O-line, with Brown focusing on Tackles and TE's. Roman will also be coaching TE's. Rathman coaching RB's. Morton as WR's coach with Engram assisting. Am I missing anyone? It seems like a lot of coaches. I'm not saying it's good or bad, but doesn't it seem like a large staff?

We had an usually large staff last year under Singletary.

BTW, Ray Brown has left to coach with Carolina Panthers.
Originally posted by rigs49:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Why isnt Jerry Rice coaching our Wide Receivers.?

X2!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe how many people just assume Jerry Rice would be a great coach just because he was a great player. Coaching is a skill, and since rice has been retired like 6-7 years now, and hasn't persued a coaching career, he probably doesn't want to. Or maybe hes no good at it?
Originally posted by NTeply49:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by thaakingd:
I personally think he is a spy for the seahawks. Don't like it!

And if we start 0-5 everybody on NT will start claiming he's the rat.

am I NT?

lol

NT = Niner Talk

Yes, and Engram is an offensive assistant, but reports say he'll most likely be working with WR's too. And i'm sure the main reason coach Harbaugh brought him in is from his experience playing in the WCO, this is good for our WR's.

Exactly, I'm guessing,[and hoping] that the staff has heard he has the makings of a good coach.
Lol booby

that's a good point, I didn't think about that.

-9fA
He was a terrific head coach hire on madden