There are 149 users in the forums

Booby Engram

So we hired Bobby Engram as an offensive assisstant...I like this Seahags-Niners rivalry more and more!
LINK
Interesting. Too bad he wasn't with the Hawks last year after Carrol had come in.

Does anybody know what his connection to Harbaugh or anyone in the organization is?

As I recall Harbaugh didn't bring in anyone from the Chiefs. Seems kind of out-of-the-blue without some connection somewhere.
"Booby Engram"
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Otb
here's to the start of a great coaching career, booby.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Booby Engram? that's tits, man!
  • dald1
  • Veteran
meh
Never thought of calling him Booby when he was a Seachicken, maybe Ill start.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Interesting. Too bad he wasn't with the Hawks last year after Carrol had come in.

Does anybody know what his connection to Harbaugh or anyone in the organization is?

As I recall Harbaugh didn't bring in anyone from the Chiefs. Seems kind of out-of-the-blue without some connection somewhere.

They both played with Chicago? He also played with the Seahawks while Solari was there, has extensive experience in the WCO although if that were key, maybe Rice would have been more useful.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:

They both played with Chicago? He also played with the Seahawks while Solari was there, has extensive experience in the WCO although if that were key, maybe Rice would have been more useful.

Ahh, that might be it. Thanks!

With Rice, we just took a massive 2 and 1/2 year crapper on assuming great player = good coach. It would be a neat story, but I'll take a pass on that one.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/32368/welcoming-bobby-engram-back-to-west

Years ago, when San Francisco 49ers linebacker Jeff Ulbrich was tackling Seattle Seahawks receiver Bobby Engram, the NFC West rivals probably never thought they would coach against one another.

They will in 2011, with a twist: Engram will be coaching for the 49ers, who hired him as an offensive assistant Friday, against a Seattle team featuring Ulbrich as assistant special-teams coach.

Not every player wants to grind away at coaching. It's good for the game when players as respected as Ulbrich and Engram do decide to go that route, even if it's strange for the rest of us to see them wearing unfamiliar colors.

This is Engram's first coaching job. He played for Chicago from 1996 through 2000, then with Seattle through the 2008 season. He finished with Kansas City in 2009. Engram's strong rapport with Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck would become a natural storyline if San Francisco pursued Hasselbeck in free agency.

Engram's background in the West Coast offense makes him a natural hire for San Francisco. Niners coach Jim Harbaugh had long since left the Chicago Bears by the time Engram arrived as a receiver, but they'll speak a similar language from a scheme standpoint.

Engram and 49ers offensive line coach Mike Solari were together with Seattle in 2008.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Harbaugh to Engram is the best QB-WR combo on our team.

Maybe they can suit up.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
You mean Coach Engram
Why isnt Jerry Rice coaching our Wide Receivers.?
Share 49ersWebzone