Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Carmelo Anthony Drama

• TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by TX9R:
Now melo may stay:
As rumors swirl that Carmelo Anthony is heading to New York or Los Angeles, the Denver Nuggets forward said he's thinking about staying put.

Anthony said he would "take a real hard look" at signing a three-year, $65 million extension with the Nuggets if he isn't dealt by the NBA's Feb. 24 deadline, according to the Denver Post.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6105886

Now he's throwing stuff out there so other teams sweeten the pot. Come on. This dude has a team currently in contention for a title and he's made the entire season about himself and been a huge distraction for his teamates who are actually trying to win with the team that pays them. I guess I'm in the minority in thinking this is a dick move by him.

Nuggets are not in contention for a title

They are less than 5 games out of a top 4 seed and 6 out of the 2nd; that's having core guys injured all year and amidst the circus Melo's situation has produced. A 6th seed has won it all before in the NBA and twice in the NFL in the last 2 years. They have beaten good teams in the playoffs with this core. While it's not likely, they are absolutely in contention. If Kobe and any major Spur goes out for the year, they'd be just as favored as anyone.
Phil Jackson to Laker rookie Derrick Caracter at practice today. I'm gonna miss Phil when he's gone.

Quote:
"I told Derrick Caracter that if Denver gave us Carmelo Anthony straight up for you, then we would trade you," Jackson said smiling. "That's the only trade I want on this basketball club, if that's one that works out."

[ Edited by LA9erFan on Feb 9, 2011 at 14:27:53 ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Phil Jackson to Laker rookie Derrick Caracter at practice today. I'm gonna miss Phil when he's gone.

Quote:
"I told Derrick Caracter that if Denver gave us Carmelo Anthony straight up for you, then we would trade you," Jackson said smiling. "That's the only trade I want on this basketball club, if that's one that works out."

That's awesome.
Now melo may stay:
As rumors swirl that Carmelo Anthony is heading to New York or Los Angeles, the Denver Nuggets forward said he's thinking about staying put.

Anthony said he would "take a real hard look" at signing a three-year, $65 million extension with the Nuggets if he isn't dealt by the NBA's Feb. 24 deadline, according to the Denver Post.

Now he's throwing stuff out there so other teams sweeten the pot. Come on. This dude has a team currently in contention for a title and he's made the entire season about himself and been a huge distraction for his teamates who are actually trying to win with the team that pays them. I guess I'm in the minority in thinking this is a dick move by him.

They are less than 5 games out of a top 4 seed and 6 out of the 2nd; that's having core guys injured all year and amidst the circus Melo's situation has produced. A 6th seed has won it all before in the NBA and twice in the NFL in the last 2 years. They have beaten good teams in the playoffs with this core. While it's not likely, they are absolutely in contention. If Kobe and any major Spur goes out for the year, they'd be just as favored as anyone.

pretty much they are not in contention

I think you have a bias towards Carmelo. He has been playing hard this year and i have even caught him diving for a ball here and there which is rare among NBA players compared to college. Carmello has been complemented by many commentators on how he has kept his level of play up even though he wants out of Denver
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Now melo may stay:

I think you have a bias towards Carmelo. He has been playing hard this year and i have even caught him diving for a ball here and there which is rare among NBA players compared to college. Carmello has been complemented by many commentators on how he has kept his level of play up even though he wants out of Denver

I had no opinion of him before all of this, plays for a team I pay no attention to and has never done anything to stand out to me. I just hate guys who put themselves above the team, which I realize is the majority of midern athletes. It's why I've always liked the Spurs even though they are not my team.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Now melo may stay:

I had no opinion of him before all of this, plays for a team I pay no attention to and has never done anything to stand out to me. I just hate guys who put themselves above the team, which I realize is the majority of midern athletes. It's why I've always liked the Spurs even though they are not my team.

If Anthony was really putting himself above the team, he would be playing to not get hurt. He isn't doing that and is competing for the team to win.
From a friend of mine who's very well connected around the league and especially to the Lakers, on what the truth is regarding the Melo to Lakers talk...

Quote:
Okay, here's the story. They talked, and it was more than the perfunctory calls GMs make all the time. They did discuss players, and what players LA might give up. Denver said they would take Bynum. As of right now, LA doesn't want to give him up. Neither team is particularly interested in the deal, and right now it's dormant.
From a friend of mine who's very well connected around the league and especially to the Lakers, on what the truth is regarding the Melo to Lakers talk...

Quote:
Okay, here's the story. They talked, and it was more than the perfunctory calls GMs make all the time. They did discuss players, and what players LA might give up. Denver said they would take Bynum. As of right now, LA doesn't want to give him up. Neither team is particularly interested in the deal, and right now it's dormant.

What does he say about the chances of Chris Paul signing with Phoenix in the offseason to play alongside mentor Nash and to continue the incredible run of Point Guard play in the Valley of the Sun?
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

Quote:

What does he say about the chances of Chris Paul signing with Phoenix in the offseason to play alongside mentor Nash and to continue the incredible run of Point Guard play in the Valley of the Sun?

He'll go to the Knicks, Howard will go to the Lakers, Griffin will follow and we'll have 4 super teams for the next decade.

Quote:

Haha, he hasn't mentioned anything.

Quote:

He'll go to the Knicks, Howard will go to the Lakers, Griffin will follow and we'll have 4 super teams for the next decade.

Lakers, Miami, NY, ???? Chicago?
  • crzy
  • Veteran
This s**t is so f**king annoying.

Just trade him to the Knicks already. Everyone knows he's ending up there anyways.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erReign:

Quote:

Lakers, Miami, NY, ???? Chicago?

Possibly. The 4th team could be rotating, a Boston situation where some team gets a bunch a vets to chase an end of career ring. I could see OKC as ther new Spurs, the well run small market team that contends every year. When Duncan and Pop retire in the next 2-3 years I could see them taking a pertty fast and long fall.
As far as Paul didn't he hint as much at Melo's wedding? He wants to be a star and it will never happen in NO.
Looking like it all may be over...

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_17443219

Quote:
The Carmelo Anthony trade saga is finally over.

The Nuggets traded Melo to the New York Knicks tonight, a league source said. Denver gets Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, the Knicks 2014 first-round draft pick, the Warriors' 2012 second-round pick, the Warriors' 2013 second-round pick and $3 million in cash.

Anthony will go to New York, along with Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter and Renaldo Balkman.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Looking like it all may be over...

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_17443219

Quote:
The Carmelo Anthony trade saga is finally over.

The Nuggets traded Melo to the New York Knicks tonight, a league source said. Denver gets Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, the Knicks 2014 first-round draft pick, the Warriors' 2012 second-round pick, the Warriors' 2013 second-round pick and $3 million in cash.

Anthony will go to New York, along with Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter and Renaldo Balkman.

ummmmm wait so what do the warriors get? That doesn't make sense to me