LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 188 users in the forums

Carmelo Anthony Drama

Originally posted by matt49er:
http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2011/02/08/court-vision-lakers-join-melo-trade-talks/?eref=sihp

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6101304

Man this would be HUGE! If the ESPN rumor was right and Bynum was the main player being traded the Lakers would now have a "big 3" of Kobe, Carmelo, Gasol WOW. They wouldn't need to trade Odom or Artest either, I'm sure that may change if the discussions moved to a 3rd team that team would probably want one of them for a 1st round pick or something. Just for fun imagine this lineup:

Fisher
Bryant
Antony
Gasol
Odom

Hideous defensive lineup.
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
I hope he gets what he wants and then blows a knee out and is never the same player. All this spoiled star crap in the NBA has really soured me on the league that last few years. None of these modern pussies want to compete anymore, they all want to team up and be super teams. What Melo has done to Denver is disgraceful, they've surrounded him with enough talent to win, offered him more money than anyone, and he's dragged this thing out and basically held the team hostage by giving them basically no option. He has every right to play where he wants, but why not keep quiet, not leak trade demands and just leave when his deal when his deal is up.

He is playing his ass off every single time he is in the game for Denver even though he wants to leave.

I respect that

He hasn't been consistently doing that the whole year though. And sorry I don't respect a guy any more for showing up to his job and earning his paycheck, that's what he's supposed to do.

I'm not sure what you want him to do then. He hasn't been the person leaking trade talks, he hasn't said much to the media at all. He's told Denver that he's not interested in re-signing with them, given them the chance to get some value for him, and has played hard in the meantime. What was he supposed to do?
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
He should join the Clippers in summer. That will be a sick team with Gordon at 2, Melo at 3, Griffin at 4, and DeAndre at 5.

thats what I was thinking
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I hope he gets what he wants and then blows a knee out and is never the same player. All this spoiled star crap in the NBA has really soured me on the league that last few years. None of these modern pussies want to compete anymore, they all want to team up and be super teams. What Melo has done to Denver is disgraceful, they've surrounded him with enough talent to win, offered him more money than anyone, and he's dragged this thing out and basically held the team hostage by giving them basically no option. He has every right to play where he wants, but why not keep quiet, not leak trade demands and just leave when his deal when his deal is up.

He is playing his ass off every single time he is in the game for Denver even though he wants to leave.

I respect that

He hasn't been consistently doing that the whole year though. And sorry I don't respect a guy any more for showing up to his job and earning his paycheck, that's what he's supposed to do.

I'm not sure what you want him to do then. He hasn't been the person leaking trade talks, he hasn't said much to the media at all. He's told Denver that he's not interested in re-signing with them, given them the chance to get some value for him, and has played hard in the meantime. What was he supposed to do?

You really beleive he's had nothing to do with leaks? How would anyone know he wants NY or nothing if he doesn't say so? I guess I just don't like these modern players and I'm likely just going to have a different view.
Shhhh.

I respect that

You really beleive he's had nothing to do with leaks? How would anyone know he wants NY or nothing if he doesn't say so? I guess I just don't like these modern players and I'm likely just going to have a different view.

i totally respect people who show up and do their job.

I respect that

I think the majority of the leaks are from the Nuggets, Nets, and Knicks who are all trying to out leverage each other. What's wrong with the player's having leverage and going where he wants? Usually it's the other way around and teams just ship folks off to where ever. Now it's the other way around for only 4, or 5 guys. I don't see any problem with that. The guy is being honest in saying he's not gonna sign there next year so it would be best for y'all to trade me. It would be different if it was affecting his game, or he was being hostile to the fans and media. Dude still has his team in playoff position. Guess it's just the modern player.
According to NBA Trade Machine Bynum and Brewer to the Nuggets, Melo to the Lakers and Billups to the Wolves would work.

DO IT

I respect that

All he's done is tell Denver that he's not interested in re-signing with them, and only interested in signing with a couple of teams. That's going to fuel trade speculation in and of itself, but I don't see what's wrong with that. He's given them a chance to get something for him. It's not like they're finding out that he's not coming back on a TV show. I think he's been pretty stand up with how he's handled this.

And this is nothing new either. Wilt, Kareem, Elway, and even Magic have all demanded trades or done something similar (which Melo hasn't). In Magic's case, they decided to fire the coach instead. (Paul Westhead) There are a ton of other examples as well.
Come on down to L.A......would be glad to see that injury prone Bynam outta there....and for Melo.....please basketball gods make this happen.

• Nes49
  • Veteran
Can the Warriors go after Melo? Fo' real. If he was available, why wouldn't the Warriors at least try?
Spurs: Blaire/Jefferson for Melo.
Originally posted by Nes49:
Can the Warriors go after Melo? Fo' real. If he was available, why wouldn't the Warriors at least try?

cause we would have to trade ellis/curry AND way more for only a half a year of melo.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Now melo may stay:
As rumors swirl that Carmelo Anthony is heading to New York or Los Angeles, the Denver Nuggets forward said he's thinking about staying put.

Anthony said he would "take a real hard look" at signing a three-year, $65 million extension with the Nuggets if he isn't dealt by the NBA's Feb. 24 deadline, according to the Denver Post.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6105886

Now he's throwing stuff out there so other teams sweeten the pot. Come on. This dude has a team currently in contention for a title and he's made the entire season about himself and been a huge distraction for his teamates who are actually trying to win with the team that pays them. I guess I'm in the minority in thinking this is a dick move by him.
Now melo may stay:
As rumors swirl that Carmelo Anthony is heading to New York or Los Angeles, the Denver Nuggets forward said he's thinking about staying put.

Anthony said he would "take a real hard look" at signing a three-year, $65 million extension with the Nuggets if he isn't dealt by the NBA's Feb. 24 deadline, according to the Denver Post.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6105886

Now he's throwing stuff out there so other teams sweeten the pot. Come on. This dude has a team currently in contention for a title and he's made the entire season about himself and been a huge distraction for his teamates who are actually trying to win with the team that pays them. I guess I'm in the minority in thinking this is a dick move by him.

Nuggets are not in contention for a title
Share 49ersWebzone