There are 146 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Carmelo Anthony Drama

The Nuggets are F'd here now! The Nets were offering a ton for Anthony (2 first round picks, Favors, Harris) and the Nuggets played hardball. Now it's take what the Knicks offer or lose him FA and end up like the Cavs with Lebron. Classic!
i want him to play on the knicks. that would be a fun team to watch.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
i want him to play on the knicks. that would be a fun team to watch.

i want him to stay in the western conference
No way that was the actual offer for Melo... how in the world would you not accept that?!

Now they will get nothing at the end of the year because they will not make the playoffs and Melo will walk
  • Amir
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,858
I thought the main issue with the Carmelo drama is the fact that he's not willing to sign an extension with any team but the Knicks?

I def. agree the Net's offered the best package but he's not willing to sign an extension with them. So why would NJ make that trade?

I also don't understand why the Knicks are even offering any trade package. It's obvious he wants to play in NY. Let the season finish out and then sign him to a contract. That way, you save draft picks as well as key role/future star players.
[ Edited by Amir_Mamu on Jan 20, 2011 at 7:05 AM ]
Carmelo Anthony is my boy....in NBA Jam
i don't want him in the bulls uni
They're going to end up like the Broncos
He should join the Clippers in summer. That will be a sick team with Gordon at 2, Melo at 3, Griffin at 4, and DeAndre at 5.

Originally posted by Amir_Mamu:
I thought the main issue with the Carmelo drama is the fact that he's not willing to sign an extension with any team but the Knicks?

I def. agree the Net's offered the best package but he's not willing to sign an extension with them. So why would NJ make that trade?

I also don't understand why the Knicks are even offering any trade package. It's obvious he wants to play in NY. Let the season finish out and then sign him to a contract. That way, you save draft picks as well as key role/future star players.

ultimately I think Carmelo will sign an extension with someone. the uncertain CBA almost guarantees that $65M deal won't be on the table after July. He's trying to force his way to the NYK and I think in the end they will either take a lesser deal to send him there or a team like the Mavs will send a good package for him to rent him and try and win a championship now and worry about signing him later.
http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2011/02/08/court-vision-lakers-join-melo-trade-talks/?eref=sihp

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6101304

Man this would be HUGE! If the ESPN rumor was right and Bynum was the main player being traded the Lakers would now have a "big 3" of Kobe, Carmelo, Gasol WOW. They wouldn't need to trade Odom or Artest either, I'm sure that may change if the discussions moved to a 3rd team that team would probably want one of them for a 1st round pick or something. Just for fun imagine this lineup:

Fisher
Bryant
Antony
Gasol
Odom
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,222
I hope he gets what he wants and then blows a knee out and is never the same player. All this spoiled star crap in the NBA has really soured me on the league that last few years. None of these modern pussies want to compete anymore, they all want to team up and be super teams. What Melo has done to Denver is disgraceful, they've surrounded him with enough talent to win, offered him more money than anyone, and he's dragged this thing out and basically held the team hostage by giving them basically no option. He has every right to play where he wants, but why not keep quiet, not leak trade demands and just leave when his deal when his deal is up.
Originally posted by TX9R:
I hope he gets what he wants and then blows a knee out and is never the same player. All this spoiled star crap in the NBA has really soured me on the league that last few years. None of these modern pussies want to compete anymore, they all want to team up and be super teams. What Melo has done to Denver is disgraceful, they've surrounded him with enough talent to win, offered him more money than anyone, and he's dragged this thing out and basically held the team hostage by giving them basically no option. He has every right to play where he wants, but why not keep quiet, not leak trade demands and just leave when his deal when his deal is up.

He is playing his ass off every single time he is in the game for Denver even though he wants to leave.

I respect that
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,222
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by TX9R:
I hope he gets what he wants and then blows a knee out and is never the same player. All this spoiled star crap in the NBA has really soured me on the league that last few years. None of these modern pussies want to compete anymore, they all want to team up and be super teams. What Melo has done to Denver is disgraceful, they've surrounded him with enough talent to win, offered him more money than anyone, and he's dragged this thing out and basically held the team hostage by giving them basically no option. He has every right to play where he wants, but why not keep quiet, not leak trade demands and just leave when his deal when his deal is up.

He is playing his ass off every single time he is in the game for Denver even though he wants to leave.

I respect that

He hasn't been consistently doing that the whole year though. And sorry I don't respect a guy any more for showing up to his job and earning his paycheck, that's what he's supposed to do.