There are 157 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Shane Mosley vs. Manny Pacquiao - May 7, 2011

Originally posted by bayarealuv:
i didn't hear the post fight interviews but my cousin and i were talking about it.. did pac say his legs were weak during the fight? i don't know why he would mention that.. maybe he's just trying to goat mayweather in?

and i heard shane said that he hasn't been hit that hard in a long time.. did he say that after he fought mayweather? probably not

Rumor was Pac got into a crash before the fight. That could have been it.
Originally posted by kidash:
i didn't hear the post fight interviews but my cousin and i were talking about it.. did pac say his legs were weak during the fight? i don't know why he would mention that.. maybe he's just trying to goat mayweather in?

and i heard shane said that he hasn't been hit that hard in a long time.. did he say that after he fought mayweather? probably not

Nah, he over-trained. Ariza and Roach said Pac never took it easy during training. Ariza also said that the kind of running Pac did during training wasn't suited for the fight.

I think Pac's too honest though. He mentioned he had the same problem with his leg in a previous fight. If I were FMJ and I signed onto fight Pac, I'd try to figure a way to make him aggravate the thing in the ring.

Also in the Margarito fight, Pac admitted the body shots hurt him and that he almost went down at one point. LOL... man I wouldn't be letting that s**t out if I were him. I'd keep the opponents guessing my weaknesses.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by danimal:
I am a big MP fan, and I have said for years that nobody should ever expect a KO from him. Not only are his opponents much too big for him to KO, but they also get really defensive so he has very few opportunities.

They way I see it, and this goes for Mayweather, the minute you step into the ring against Pac you already lost, because he will ALWAYS outscore his opponents by producing a much higher punch output. As soon as you realize this you know you have to try to KO Pac, its the only way.

Manny will always outpunch you, but he is most likely never going to be able to knock you out. However if you do take chances and attack him, chances are really high he will knock you down a few times.

The only way Mayweather can beat him is by KO'ing him before he can TKO you. I think Floyd has always understood this.

Now that they have both fought Shane, Mayweather and Pac look as equal as they ever have.

53 Wins, 3 Losses, 2 Draws, 38 Knockouts.

Over 70% of his wins are knockouts....

uhh well I thought I made it clear I was talking about pure knockouts not TKO's....but on my main point I should have been more clear. When Pac started moving up really high in weight classes, meaning for him into the light weight world.

Aside from Ricky Hatton, the last pure KO for Pacman was back as a Featherweight, against Solis I think

BTW, I have watched every Pacquio fight since 2002. Simply quoting his record is an insult. I know he has 53 wins and 38 KO's. I stand by my statetment, which I have been saying all along since 2008. While impressive he can move up through Light and Welterweights, he does not possess pure Knock you out for the 10 count power against guys these size(unless they are really poor defenders like Hatton)
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
I am a big MP fan, and I have said for years that nobody should ever expect a KO from him. Not only are his opponents much too big for him to KO, but they also get really defensive so he has very few opportunities.

They way I see it, and this goes for Mayweather, the minute you step into the ring against Pac you already lost, because he will ALWAYS outscore his opponents by producing a much higher punch output. As soon as you realize this you know you have to try to KO Pac, its the only way.

Manny will always outpunch you, but he is most likely never going to be able to knock you out. However if you do take chances and attack him, chances are really high he will knock you down a few times.

The only way Mayweather can beat him is by KO'ing him before he can TKO you. I think Floyd has always understood this.

Now that they have both fought Shane, Mayweather and Pac look as equal as they ever have.

53 Wins, 3 Losses, 2 Draws, 38 Knockouts.

Over 70% of his wins are knockouts....

uhh well I thought I made it clear I was talking about pure knockouts not TKO's....but on my main point I should have been more clear. When Pac started moving up really high in weight classes, meaning for him into the light weight world.

Aside from Ricky Hatton, the last pure KO for Pacman was back as a Featherweight, against Solis I think

BTW, I have watched every Pacquio fight since 2002. Simply quoting his record is an insult. I know he has 53 wins and 38 KO's. I stand by my statetment, which I have been saying all along since 2008. While impressive he can move up through Light and Welterweights, he does not possess pure Knock you out for the 10 count power against guys these size(unless they are really poor defenders like Hatton)

Who cares. It's all about winning. Pacquiao's opponents are scared of getting a combo highlight on their faces. If Mayweather ever has the balls to fight Manny, that the fight be set in the Philippines. Thrilla in Manila II. If that does happen, Manny will destroy Mayweather for all of the Philippines to see.
Originally posted by kidash:

damn, I forgot about that .
Can we get mayweather and pacquiao already!!!
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:

Not gonna happen... Floyd MayNEVER... is a scared little b***h! I saw that Fa&&ot leave the fight in the 8th round... he heard all the chants and got frustrated. LITTLE b***h!
Originally posted by RYPTOUT:

Not gonna happen... Floyd MayNEVER... is a scared little b***h! I saw that Fa&&ot leave the fight in the 8th round... he heard all the chants and got frustrated. LITTLE b***h!

was he there? i read on the net he was at a hoops game

regardless.. it's obvious the man don't wanna fight pac

Yeah mang.... he was there... He don't want it... and everyone knows it!

He tweeted that day,''Everyone tune in tonight! Lady Gaga is performing on the best channel on cable,HBO!''
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

He tweeted that day,''Everyone tune in tonight! Lady Gaga is performing on the best channel on cable,HBO!''

There was probably more conflict on there anyway.
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

There was probably more conflict on there anyway.

PBF knows tuggin and duckin
There's a rumor going on that Mayweather will come back and fight Victor Ortiz. Also Pacquiao might fight Timothy Bradley or have one last fight with Juan Manuel Marquez this coming November.

It really annoys me the fact that this Pacquiao-Mayweather fight has not happen all because of Mayweather sr. who is a convicted drug smuggler accusing Pacquiao of taking PEDs.
Marquez himself said there was a 70 percent chance he will fight pac man around October. It was on an interview were he said they are working out the money. He mentioned its not a lock to happen but it looks like they will get a deal done.
Originally posted by SanFranMan:
There's a rumor going on that Mayweather will come back and fight Victor Ortiz. Also Pacquiao might fight Timothy Bradley or have one last fight with Juan Manuel Marquez this coming November.

It really annoys me the fact that this Pacquiao-Mayweather fight has not happen all because of Mayweather sr. who is a convicted drug smuggler accusing Pacquiao of taking PEDs.

Mayweather Sr doesnt want to see his son get KTFO.