There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Shane Mosley vs. Manny Pacquiao - May 7, 2011

that fight was so whack. all the touching gloves every 10 seconds and mosley stalling to last 12 rounds was ridiculous. Manny vs Mayweather or im not interested
Boxing sucks now a days. No competition..Will the mayweather/pacman fight ever take place?
Originally posted by BenQ:
just googled mosley's girlfriend bella gonzalez.

highlight of the fight was when they would show her in between rounds..

seriously
loved how he walked through him. Wasnt even scared a little. Pac is the deal!
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

i kinda expected more.. these cats were fighting like friends out there.. i didn't pay $65 bones to watch yall touch gloves! the only time pac had a fire lit under him was AFTER he slipped and fell.. and the ref started counting like it was a knockdown.. he was pissed after that.. he should have been fighting with that same intensity the whole fight
  • titan
  • Veteran
Outstanding strategy by Mosely! That is using boxing IQ to the fullest. Touch glove and use Manny's kindness against him! You notice every time Manny gets going, Mosely will slow the fight down by giving Manny pound!!!!. Good Move! Be nice and don't make the animal angry! The only time Manny got angry is the Bad knockdown call. If that would have happened in the 6th rd. Mosely would've been K'Oed.
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

i kinda expected more.. these cats were fighting like friends out there.. i didn't pay $65 bones to watch yall touch gloves! the only time pac had a fire lit under him was AFTER he slipped and fell.. and the ref started counting like it was a knockdown.. he was pissed after that.. he should have been fighting with that same intensity the whole fight

We deserved much better from both guys after paying 65 bucks. This fight was a complete waste of time.
If PBF is a puss for not fighting Pac, then Pac is a ''puss'' for not fighting Sergio Martinez
aka the KING

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
If PBF is a puss for not fighting Pac, then Pac is a ''puss'' for not fighting Sergio Martinez
aka the KING

Different weight classes.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
aka the KING

Different weight classes.

PLUS the fact that Mayweather is WELL KNOWN for dodging opponents.

aka the KING

Really? A guy at 145lbs not wanting to fight a guy at 156lbs? Yes he already fought up @ 154lb weight class before, but:

1) He fought @ 148lbs hydrated b/c that's the most he can put on.
2) He stated that after fighting Margarito that he wasn't comfortable fighting above welterweight, which he earned the right to say after fighting in 8 different weight classes.

As much as I would love seeing him fight Martinez, he's the one fighter I'd understand him not fighting b/c he doesn't wanna fight @154lbs and martinez would be at a huge disadvantage if he tried to drop below junior middleweight to 150lbs, which manny would ask for.

Lets face it, we all want PBF vs Pacman, we aren't going to get PBF vs Pacman, only fights Manny will do is between Junior welterweight to 150lb catchweight for a junior middleweight.

After he fights Marquez, if Ortiz can get another all-star fight performance vs Maidana, wouldn't mind seeing them fight
I am a big MP fan, and I have said for years that nobody should ever expect a KO from him. Not only are his opponents much too big for him to KO, but they also get really defensive so he has very few opportunities.

They way I see it, and this goes for Mayweather, the minute you step into the ring against Pac you already lost, because he will ALWAYS outscore his opponents by producing a much higher punch output. As soon as you realize this you know you have to try to KO Pac, its the only way.

Manny will always outpunch you, but he is most likely never going to be able to knock you out. However if you do take chances and attack him, chances are really high he will knock you down a few times.

The only way Mayweather can beat him is by KO'ing him before he can TKO you. I think Floyd has always understood this.

Now that they have both fought Shane, Mayweather and Pac look as equal as they ever have.
i didn't hear the post fight interviews but my cousin and i were talking about it.. did pac say his legs were weak during the fight? i don't know why he would mention that.. maybe he's just trying to goat mayweather in?

and i heard shane said that he hasn't been hit that hard in a long time.. did he say that after he fought mayweather? probably not
Originally posted by danimal:
I am a big MP fan, and I have said for years that nobody should ever expect a KO from him. Not only are his opponents much too big for him to KO, but they also get really defensive so he has very few opportunities.

They way I see it, and this goes for Mayweather, the minute you step into the ring against Pac you already lost, because he will ALWAYS outscore his opponents by producing a much higher punch output. As soon as you realize this you know you have to try to KO Pac, its the only way.

Manny will always outpunch you, but he is most likely never going to be able to knock you out. However if you do take chances and attack him, chances are really high he will knock you down a few times.

The only way Mayweather can beat him is by KO'ing him before he can TKO you. I think Floyd has always understood this.

Now that they have both fought Shane, Mayweather and Pac look as equal as they ever have.

53 Wins, 3 Losses, 2 Draws, 38 Knockouts.

Over 70% of his wins are knockouts....
SUP.. CHILLIN'