LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

UConn's "Record Breaking" win streak

Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Calm down, peoples. Nobody is taking anything from Wooden. Everyone knows the circumstances are different. Both accomplishments are great.

Exactly. Seriously this is just a stupid thread. I have never heard one person think that UConn's achievement is better than UCLA's. It is simply a number that they have been able to get to that is a tremendous accomplishment.

ESPN disagrees. They keep touting it as beating UCLA's record.

Wasn't the game on ESPN? Without UCLA, nobody would give a crap about the record, so ESPN knew how to hype it. No biggie.
Calm down, peoples. Nobody is taking anything from Wooden. Everyone knows the circumstances are different. Both accomplishments are great.

Exactly. Seriously this is just a stupid thread. I have never heard one person think that UConn's achievement is better than UCLA's. It is simply a number that they have been able to get to that is a tremendous accomplishment.

Its a number. Yes, they touted it as passing 88. Show me one basketball expert on ESPN that has said that this achievement is better than UCLA's. Just one. You wont be able to by the way.

UCLA's streak never should have ended at 88. They blew a 17 pt halftime lead in the game at Notre Dame and the Irish scored the last 12 pts to win by 1 pt. That team was sick.. Bill Walton, Keith Wilkes, Marques Johnson, David Myers.

Its a number. Yes, they touted it as passing 88. Show me one basketball expert on ESPN that has said that this achievement is better than UCLA's. Just one. You wont be able to by the way.

UCLA's streak never should have ended at 88. They blew a 17 pt halftime lead in the game at Notre Dame and the Irish scored the last 12 pts to win by 1 pt. That team was sick.. Bill Walton, Keith Wilkes, Marques Johnson, David Myers.

yeah, there's a difference in saying that they "broke the record" and that the record is "greater" or "more impressive" or whatever.
FINALLY its done.

I got so sick of it, it was almost worse than Favre in the summer
The streak is about to be snapped by the school Jim Harbaugh is a head football coach at
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

its over?!
Why is Stanford like the best school ever?
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

its over?!

yes
Originally posted by jrg:

its over?!

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncw/gamecast?gameId=303640024

p.s fcuk Condoleezza Rice. she's mordern day Sally Hemings. yeah i know that my heart is blacker than the children of Thomas Jefferson.
ESPN front page

Oh, Snap!

[ Edited by Negrodamus on Dec 30, 2010 at 20:16:28 ]
Womens sports is as interesting as watching paint dry...
p.s fcuk Condoleezza Rice. she's mordern day Sally Hemings. yeah i know that my heart is blacker than the children of Thomas Jefferson.

just admit you hate white people.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Womens sports is as interesting as watching paint dry...
Share 49ersWebzone