LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

UConn's "Record Breaking" win streak

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Women belong in the kitchen. That is all.
Originally posted by Amir_Mamu:
Women belong in the kitchen. That is all.

No one thinks this record is more impressive, unless they're feminazis. ESPN is just promoting the hell out of it for one, it still being a major accomplishment, and two, (at least I think) mostly for ratings.
They need to stop speaking of Geno's name in the same breath as John Woodem....and touting UCONN and UCLA as being equal
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
They need to stop speaking of Geno's name in the same breath as John Woodem....and touting UCONN and UCLA as being equal

Well they do have 2 similarities. 1) They built up the dominant programs in their sports and 2) they were able to recruit by far the best players in the country. UConn women are the equal in dominance ( and maybe even more so) than UCLA men were. That isnt saying their accomplishment is greater as I think we all know there is more competition in the mens game. Of course, having Lew Alcindor and Bill Walton back to back certainly made things easier for Wooden.

I for one have never heard anyone ever say that Geno is as good of a coach as John Wooden. I doubt that anyone has. He is, however, a master recruiter and motivater and in that sense is comparable to Coach Wooden.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
This is the first thread on the Uconn streak. That probably tells you how much people care about women's sports. How is the WNBA even around anymore?
They could probably beat the Timberwolves
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Well... it would be a high scoring affair.
I think it's so funny when ESPN commentators, mostly all women, talk about how Geno is right and how he is getting recognition to the sport and how its been "long overdue" that people should start paying attention to women basketball.

NO ONE CARES BECAUSE IT SUCKS. THAT'S IT. NO NEED TO B*TCH. YOU COACH WOMEN BASKETBALL, AND GET PAID MILLIONS FOR DOING IT. SO SHUTUP.
Hope they get it...it is not boys vs girls, it is trying to be the best. They are

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Hope they get it...it is not boys vs girls, it is trying to be the best. They are

Being the best at women's basketball is like being the best at the special olympics, no one gives a s**t.
if its so easy, then maybe some of y'all should go and coach a women's basketball team to 88 straight wins.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Being the best at women's basketball is like being the best at the special olympics, no one gives a s**t.

I once acted as a host at a special Olympics. I brought a few of the kids to their events. One of the coolest things I have ever done in my life!!!
I don't care, but I wouldn't care if it was a mens team in the same situation, unless that team were cal or uconn. I wish I had a ucla shirt so I could wipe my ass with it.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
if its so easy, then maybe some of y'all should go and coach a women's basketball team to 88 straight wins.

How many men coach women's basketball? A few. It may be to make up for their insecurities about something? just a guess. If Geno were all that he would have left for a mens job along time ago. Why stay? Oh yeah to break UCLA's record.

Its not the girl's fault its that pompous arrogant coach's and ESPN's fault for touting it as "record breaking" which its not.

Had a men's team do it, that is a whole different story, and a tip of the hat. But not like this.
Share 49ersWebzone