LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 430 users in the forums

Urban Meyer stepping down at Florida

Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by E-49er:
He claims he wants to spendmore time with his family which I can understand. Lets not forget he went from Utah to Florida which is a huge jump in football culture as far as expectations. I truly believe had Meyser stayed at Utah that he would still be coaching. The expectations of the fans and the university probably took a huge toll on him.

Thats said there is no way I want to see him and Alex reunited in San Francisco. I would much rather have someone that can develop QBs and help them improve. Meyer is responsible for developing Tebow and Smith and to some extent Chris Leak.None of which have done anything in the NFL.

uf qb in that matter have done jack sh!t in the nfl...name all them Heisman trophy winners out of gator country

I totally agree! Gator QB's have not done crap.

Shane Matthews
Rex Grossman
Jesse Palmer
Chris Leak
Tim Tebow
Danny Weurffel
Doug Johnson

All Suck!!!!
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
I'll give him two weeks

I'd bet a BILLION dollars Michigan has already called him. But I think he may take a full year off and then decide from the ton of offers he'll receive next year.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
I'll give him two weeks

that sucks, great coach.
I listening to Colin Cowherd's podcast everyday and he has some pretty good sources when it comes to college football and the NBA.

He dropped some hints on Florida's next coach. The acronym he used was STAB and that the coach would be a big-name from big boy football.

So I narrowed the following names

Bob Stoops....Bob Anthony Stoops....BATS or STAB backwards
Steve Spurrier....Second Time Around the Block
Pete Carroll....Same Thing As Bobby (Petrino)
Chris Peterson....Start Taking Applications Boise

He said that Saban or Tressel were not being considered.

I really can Bob Stoops or even Pete Carroll going to Florida. Watching him leave the Seahawks would be hilarious.
Originally posted by DesiDez:

You mean BAST?
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by DesiDez:

You mean BAST?

which is TSAB backwards!!!!!!!

It is Cam Newtons fault!!
Florida hires Will Muschamp as coach
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Yep just saw this

Originally posted by jrg:

Yep just saw this

it's kind of a big time hire, but the texas meltdown that has been happening this year makes it less shocking.

Don't get me wrong, it's a big deal that they snatched someone who has been announced all along as Mack Brown's successor, but I don't know if Muschamp would've gone if Texas had had another strong, successful season.
Share 49ersWebzone