There are 120 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Blake Griffin

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
OK.. so you arent as smart as I thought. LOL There certainly is a drop off after the top 4 though. It just speaks to the lack of great big men in the NBA.

It does. As I've said before, I think the zone defense rule has legislated a lot of big man play out of the game on the offensive end. Since the implementation of the zone defense rule in 2001, big men's field goal attempts are down.

Even a guy like Gasol, who has a very polished offensive game, has never averaged 15 shots per game in a year. (even in Memphis)

I think that is an excellent point. However, I dont think Hakeem, Shaq in his early days, Kareem, Wilt, Ewing, or the other great centers of days past would have difficulties. I just dont see any big men (centers) with great offensive games anymore. Shaq is the last center that was a true force on the offensive end and its been 19 years since he came into the league.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
OK.. so you arent as smart as I thought. LOL There certainly is a drop off after the top 4 though. It just speaks to the lack of great big men in the NBA.

It does. As I've said before, I think the zone defense rule has legislated a lot of big man play out of the game on the offensive end. Since the implementation of the zone defense rule in 2001, big men's field goal attempts are down.

Even a guy like Gasol, who has a very polished offensive game, has never averaged 15 shots per game in a year. (even in Memphis)

I think that is an excellent point. However, I dont think Hakeem, Shaq in his early days, Kareem, Wilt, Ewing, or the other great centers of days past would have difficulties. I just dont see any big men (centers) with great offensive games anymore. Shaq is the last center that was a true force on the offensive end and its been 19 years since he came into the league.

I don't think they'd struggle either, I just think they'd get less shots.
Dam.
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Dam.
Hoover
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Wow!
Sham
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jrg:
Wow!
Sham

Hooker

& blow
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by jrg:
Wow!
Sham

Hooker

& blow

job betty
I hate griffin but he's a beast
Originally posted by MadMoneyMarshall:
I hate griffin but he's a beast

Why do you hate him?
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Damn this ginger
Beast, beast, beast and beast.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Overhyped.

Call me when his team is over .500.
Originally posted by crzy:
Overhyped.

LOL. Are you watching the games? This kid is probably underhyped. He is already one of the top players in the league and its still January of his rookie season. He cant help it that he has below average talent on his team.

Tell me crazy.. are there even 10 players right now in the NBA that you would take over him???? I cant.
Originally posted by crzy:
Overhyped.

LOL. Are you watching the games? This kid is probably underhyped. He is already one of the top players in the league and its still January of his rookie season. He cant help it that he has below average talent on his team.

Tell me crazy.. are there even 10 players right now in the NBA that you would take over him???? I cant.

I know one player id take over him

• Dino
  • Veteran
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home