LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Official Hot Stove Thread (MLB free agency)

Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by Dapro:
I think the Giants should go after Jason Werth!

No thanks, Aaron Rowand 2.0

Werth is FAR better than Rowand is and was. But with his age, it probably won't be worth it to overpay for him. Maybe if he were about 4-5 years younger.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Werth is FAR better than Rowand is and was. But with his age, it probably won't be worth it to overpay for him. Maybe if he were about 4-5 years younger.

Age has nothing to do with why I do not want Werth. His numbers are inflated because he hits at the Philly stadium and because he hits in the middle of that lineup. He did absolutely nothing before he went to Philly and still hasn't hit over .300 in his career. His defense is good but so is Rowands... it all just sounds way too familiar IMO...
Beltre will sign with the A's. BELEEED DAT

Is Adrian Beltre heading West? Beltre is set to cash in after taking a leading role in powering the Red Sox's lineup in 2010, having officially declined his $10 million player option to hit the open market on Wednesday.

The 31-year-old Beltre is also considered one of the game's best defensive third basemen. Boston would like to retain Beltre, but not at all costs. Beltre also has his family situated on the West Coast, and has said that will be a factor when considering his offseason options.

Eric Chavez is officially done with the A's after the A's not optioning him.
A list of the top 50 free agents according to SI and what the best fit is for each player

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/ben_reiter/11/04/reiter.50.free.agents/index.html?eref=sihp
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
A list of the top 50 free agents according to SI and what the best fit is for each player

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/ben_reiter/11/04/reiter.50.free.agents/index.html?eref=sihp

I like bringing back Aubrey Huff and Juan Uribe, but Johnny Damon and Melky Cabrera? hmmm
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

I like bringing back Aubrey Huff and Juan Uribe, but Johnny Damon and Melky Cabrera? hmmm

• dman
  • Veteran

Thanks

Crawford and Beltre "best fit" = Angels

Do it Arte!
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

Guess what number Melky was
Red Sox picked up David Ortiz player option for 2011
Red Sox picked up David Ortiz player option for 2011

Even if he's not the same player he used to be, it was the right move for Boston IMO

Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:
Beltre will sign with the A's. BELEEED DAT

Is Adrian Beltre heading West? Beltre is set to cash in after taking a leading role in powering the Red Sox's lineup in 2010, having officially declined his $10 million player option to hit the open market on Wednesday.

The 31-year-old Beltre is also considered one of the game's best defensive third basemen. Boston would like to retain Beltre, but not at all costs. Beltre also has his family situated on the West Coast, and has said that will be a factor when considering his offseason options.

Eric Chavez is officially done with the A's after the A's not optioning him.

More like LAAAA
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by rigs49:

I think he may be worth it.

Werth is going to command big bucks, and i just dont think hes all that great a player. hes very good, but he will want to be paid like a "great" player.

hes never hit .300, never driven in 100 runs, and his power came magically after he played half his home games in a bandbox when he came to Philly. hes going to be 32 in May next season, and he will want alot of money for someone his age in a longterm deal.

were better off getting Crawford, who has tools much more suitable for our home park and style of play. imagine what Crawford could do with triples alley....

but enough of that. everyone knows the Yankees, Red Sox, Tigers, or Mets will fork over MEGA cash in the offseason for him. we cant afford him. the only thing we will be able to use is "hey Carl....were the WORLD CHAMPIONS....wanna join?"

its weird, because before no f/a wanted to come here because we couldnt outbid the east coast powerhouses, and our park knocks down homers. for the first time since 2003 players are going to say "hmm....WS champs out west...pitching to do it again....great fanbase....maybe ill check it out."

Especially if you are a line drive type of hitters. While our park may take a few homers from you, you may find your doubles become triples or line outs become singles. This is why I was a fan of the Freddy Sanchez trade. He fit our park quite well. Our park is the type of park where we can generate runs. Another reason why we need to find a bit more speed on the base pads.
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by rigs49:

I think he may be worth it.

Werth is going to command big bucks, and i just dont think hes all that great a player. hes very good, but he will want to be paid like a "great" player.

hes never hit .300, never driven in 100 runs, and his power came magically after he played half his home games in a bandbox when he came to Philly. hes going to be 32 in May next season, and he will want alot of money for someone his age in a longterm deal.

were better off getting Crawford, who has tools much more suitable for our home park and style of play. imagine what Crawford could do with triples alley....

but enough of that. everyone knows the Yankees, Red Sox, Tigers, or Mets will fork over MEGA cash in the offseason for him. we cant afford him. the only thing we will be able to use is "hey Carl....were the WORLD CHAMPIONS....wanna join?"

its weird, because before no f/a wanted to come here because we couldnt outbid the east coast powerhouses, and our park knocks down homers. for the first time since 2003 players are going to say "hmm....WS champs out west...pitching to do it again....great fanbase....maybe ill check it out."

Especially if you are a line drive type of hitters. While our park may take a few homers from you, you may find your doubles become triples or line outs become singles. This is why I was a fan of the Freddy Sanchez trade. He fit our park quite well. Our park is the type of park where we can generate runs. Another reason why we need to find a bit more speed on the base pads.

we might as well be the slowest team in mlb the only person capable of stealing is torres

Guess what number Melky was

Melky played down but is young, not like Damon.

And I can and can't believe the Sox paid for Ortiz. His goose is bout cooked.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
This Colby Rasmus for Carlos Quentin talk is pissing me off

f**k Carlos Quentin..they can keep his .240 average.

Gonna have to do better then that Chicago.

Colby Rasmus for Jair Jurrens was talked about by a braves blogger.

I was like

Thats even worse then Quentin lol
Share 49ersWebzone