There are 259 users in the forums

Top 5 NBA?

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by Niners99:
So me and some fellas at work were talking about the NBA's top 5 players. Most said either Kobe or Bron at 1 and then the following at 2. Then there was a mixture of DHow, pierce, wade, rondo, durant,melo, paul to round out the 5.

This is my list and they didn't like it haha
1. Durant - In my opinion he does just as much as Kobe and LBJ, I don't see a big stat diff either and people are enarmoured with stats so I threw that in. But for me stats don't tell the whole store, he has a complete game.
2. Kobe
3. LBJ
4. Wade
5. Steph Curry- Durant and this pick confsued them . I love Currys game he does it all great D, shooting, pg skills, just everything and his awarness and bball iq are top notch. He falls in the same boat with Durant he doesn't have a huge market to play in or he would be a bigger natinaly known name IMO.

what is your top 5s

now theirs homers, and then theirs HOMERS...

I'm a rockets fan.

Who else is better Rondo?? Toss up between him and Curry, Pierce? LOL, Howard? I like him best C in the league but not top 5. If people can put Melo in the top 5 how does Curry not belong? They do the exact same Curry just does it better and more efficent. Curry plays on a wack team. If golden state was good you'd hear his name

Howard's the best rebounder and shot blocker in the league. One of the best finishers around the rim as well. You really think Stephen Curry is better than Dwight Howard?

And it's not a tossup between him and Rondo. Rondo's easily a better player. The only thing Curry does better is shoot from the outside.

No love for CP3?

I'm a warriors fan...and Curry is not even close to CP3 as a player.

CP3's fantastic, I just prefer Howard & Wade by a small margin. I think you could put him as high as #4 and I'd have no argument. If I were to extend it to Top 15 I'd say...

1) Kobe Bryant
2) LeBron James
3) Kevin Durant
4) Dwight Howard
5) Dwyane Wade
6) Chris Paul
7) Deron Williams
8) Carmelo Anthony
9) Pau Gasol
10) Dirk Nowitzki
11) Brandon Roy
12) Rajon Rondo
13) Tim Duncan
14) Steve Nash
15) Chris Bosh

And 3 of the top 15...
LOL @ Curry #5
  • SLICK
  • Veteran
So me and some fellas at work were talking about the NBA's top 5 players. Most said either Kobe or Bron at 1 and then the following at 2. Then there was a mixture of DHow, pierce, wade, rondo, durant,melo, paul to round out the 5.

1. Durant - In my opinion he does just as much as Kobe and LBJ, I don't see a big stat diff either and people are enarmoured with stats so I threw that in. But for me stats don't tell the whole store, he has a complete game.
2. Kobe
3. LBJ
4. Wade
5. Steph Curry- Durant and this pick confsued them . I love Currys game he does it all great D, shooting, pg skills, just everything and his awarness and bball iq are top notch. He falls in the same boat with Durant he doesn't have a huge market to play in or he would be a bigger natinaly known name IMO.

what is your top 5s

I'm a rockets fan.

Who else is better Rondo?? Toss up between him and Curry, Pierce? LOL, Howard? I like him best C in the league but not top 5. If people can put Melo in the top 5 how does Curry not belong? They do the exact same Curry just does it better and more efficent. Curry plays on a wack team. If golden state was good you'd hear his name

Howard's the best rebounder and shot blocker in the league. One of the best finishers around the rim as well. You really think Stephen Curry is better than Dwight Howard?

And it's not a tossup between him and Rondo. Rondo's easily a better player. The only thing Curry does better is shoot from the outside.

No love for CP3?

CP3's fantastic, I just prefer Howard & Wade by a small margin. I think you could put him as high as #4 and I'd have no argument. If I were to extend it to Top 15 I'd say...

1) Kobe Bryant
2) LeBron James
3) Kevin Durant
4) Dwight Howard
5) Dwyane Wade
6) Chris Paul
7) Deron Williams
8) Carmelo Anthony
9) Pau Gasol
10) Dirk Nowitzki
11) Brandon Roy
12) Rajon Rondo
13) Tim Duncan
14) Steve Nash
15) Chris Bosh

Not bad. I like Dirk ahead of Pau. And I like Roy, but seems like he's stuck at good status. Would love to see him put it all together and become a very good/elite player.

Rondo is really starting to make the jump to the next level. If he can continue improving his jump shot hes gonna be real tough for the better part of the next decade.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
On behalf of ninersrule4, for his horrible top 5, I'd like to say.....

• ZRF80
1) Kobe Bryant
2) Lebron James
3) Kevin Durant
4) Dwyane Wade
5) Chris Paul
6) Dwight Howard

Dwight Howard is a great defensive player, but Id like to see him dominate in offense like Shaq did in the late 90s/early 00s. The guy could easily make the top 3; lets see if Olajuwon's tutelage over the summer sparks his A-game on offense.
1) Kobe
2) LeBron

3) Durant
4) Howard
5) Wade

Durant's fantastic, but isn't a playmaker. That's the difference between him and LeBron or Kobe.

Curry isn't even in the Top 20, IMO.

Good list.
Originally posted by SLICK:

2. Kobe
3. LBJ
4. Wade

what is your top 5s

I'm a rockets fan.

No love for CP3?

1) Kobe Bryant
2) LeBron James
3) Kevin Durant
4) Dwight Howard
5) Dwyane Wade
6) Chris Paul
7) Deron Williams
8) Carmelo Anthony
9) Pau Gasol
10) Dirk Nowitzki
11) Brandon Roy
12) Rajon Rondo
13) Tim Duncan
14) Steve Nash
15) Chris Bosh

Not bad. I like Dirk ahead of Pau. And I like Roy, but seems like he's stuck at good status. Would love to see him put it all together and become a very good/elite player.

Rondo is really starting to make the jump to the next level. If he can continue improving his jump shot hes gonna be real tough for the better part of the next decade.

Yeah, Dirk & Gasol are basically a coin flip for me. I took Pau because he's above average to excellent in every aspect of the game, relative to his position, anyway. He's a much better defender than people give him credit for, and can defend the interior in a way that Dirk can't. He's also a better rebounder and passer.

As for Rondo, one of my favorite players in the league. The way that he takes games over is very unique. I do think that he needs that jumper though, because I think Boston's offense suffers when people can play 3 feet off of him.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Oct 31, 2010 at 9:39 AM ]
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
LOL @ Curry #5

This

Must be a Davidson alumn
  • dman
  • Veteran
How is Durant better than Wade?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
5. Steph Curry

Howard is sick I just feel Curry is the better player but in my opinion

No man, just no.

Not even Curry himself thinks he's a better player than Howard.

Curry isn't even in the top 25, maybe not even top 30.

You gotta slow down. Curry has so much more room to grow before he's considered even an All-Star caliber player, let alone a top 30 player.

Kevin Love

the rest
Originally posted by valrod33:
Kosta Koufos

the rest

fixed! Boom b***hes!
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Kosta Koufos

the rest

fixed! Boom b***hes!

that