LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 332 users in the forums

Lebron's new "edgy" commerical

Originally posted by crzy:
sacniner, you clearly misunderstood the commercial.

There was absolutely no reference to Jordan in the commercial.

The Hall of Fame ceremony where nobody shows up was in reference to all the people who are saying that Lebron ruined his legacy and that no one will show up to his HOF ceremony.

Yeah, that's up for debate. Maybe I'm a conspiracy theorists so I thought the HOF speech and the shoe reference were aimed at MJ. I can see both sides. Maybe it has more than one meaning, or maybe I'm looking into it too much
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Lebron is the man! f**k Kobe!

is it illegal to like both?
Originally posted by sacniner:

The Hall of Fame ceremony where nobody shows up was in reference to all the people who are saying that Lebron ruined his legacy and that no one will show up to his HOF ceremony.

Yeah, that's up for debate. Maybe I'm a conspiracy theorists so I thought the HOF speech and the shoe reference were aimed at MJ. I can see both sides. Maybe it has more than one meaning, or maybe I'm looking into it too much

Yeah I also saw no correlation to Jordan's HOF ceremony.
I don't get how he's taking a shot at Jordan...

Jordan was his own dude, he followed in nobody's footsteps, he was a trailblazer. Whether Kobe, Lebron or whoever wanna follow in his footsteps is not on him... he came, he saw, he conquered... aside from how bad ass he was, all these comparisons to current stars don't really mean a thing in any context.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I think Jason Whitlock says it best (and I hate Jason Whitlock but his take on this is on the money)

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/LeBron-James-Nike-ad-celebrates-his-brand-102510

Quote:
It’s good work. James is self-deprecating without being remorseful.

Quote:
Again, I like the commercial. It’s honest and irreverent and rebellious and immature. It’s a reflection of James.
You got to laugh at Nike

They're going to play up the Lebron villian talk. Reminds me of a WWE heel turn

lol, great comparison
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
everyone's talking about it, so i guess it worked
JAMES WINS NIKE WINS JAMES WILL SAY SOME BULLs**t NIKE PUTS ON SHIRTS SHIRTS SELL NIKE MAKES MONEY PEOPLE LOSS

END THREAD
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by sacniner:

Yeah I also saw no correlation to Jordan's HOF ceremony.
this
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
I don't get how he's taking a shot at Jordan...

Jordan was his own dude, he followed in nobody's footsteps, he was a trailblazer. Whether Kobe, Lebron or whoever wanna follow in his footsteps is not on him... he came, he saw, he conquered... aside from how bad ass he was, all these comparisons to current stars don't really mean a thing in any context.

Jordan followed in the footsteps of Dr. J, David Thompson, Connie Hawkins, and Elgin Baylor. There were just a lot more TV cameras around when he was playing.

I don't understand why anyone is saying it's ballsy. It's not anything that hasn't been done before.

It's another version of this commercial by Jordan. Nike has done this a million times.

No s**t.

And no, LeBron wasn't clowning MJ. Jordan has a team that VERY closely guards his image (read about his involvement in 2k11, lol), and if you think that NIKE is going to greenlight a shot at their most famous spokesperson, I don't know what to tell you. They're not in the business of diminishing their own brand.

As far as me "not liking LeBron, so it clouds my thinking"...no. I think the backlash he received for the Decision was ridiculous. But the commercial AND the response to it is extremely lame. People are so swayed by advertisement.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I don't understand why anyone is saying it's ballsy. It's not anything that hasn't been done before.

It's another version of this commercial by Jordan. Nike has done this a million times.

No s**t.

And no, LeBron wasn't clowning MJ. Jordan has a team that VERY closely guards his image (read about his involvement in 2k11, lol), and if you think that NIKE is going to greenlight a shot at their most famous spokesperson, I don't know what to tell you. They're not in the business of diminishing their own brand.

As far as me "not liking LeBron, so it clouds my thinking"...no. I think the backlash he received for the Decision was ridiculous. But the commercial AND the response to it is extremely lame. People are so swayed by advertisement.

that jordan commercial gave me goosebumps
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:
People are so swayed by advertisement.

Me too

Me too

LOL. I hate you guys.

Me too

LOL. I hate you guys.

I literally tried to watch the Kobe version and stopped it after 11 seconds.

I was stupid for even trying.

The Jordan-caused-goosbumps returned shortly after I watch his epic ad once again. *whew*
Share 49ersWebzone