There are 226 users in the forums

Chicago Bulls 2010-2011 Thread

personally i love Noah and think he can end up being the 2nd best center in the east behind Howard. Boozer will see how he meshes with Noah and how they look together defensively. I guess i can see how one might think his defense may be a little suspect against a 7 footer but whatever better than Bosh
circus trip.. hopefully we can come out with like 3 or 4 wins.
i'll flow at you two at a time like Noah

[ Edited by Negrodamus on Nov 23, 2010 at 22:29:13 ]
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Does anyone else think Omer Asik will be a pretty good NBA center in a year or two?
Originally posted by 23zack80:
Does anyone else think Omer Asik will be a pretty good NBA center in a year or two?

I really do. It'll be nice to have him and Noah even this year in the playoffs. he just needs to keep making progress through out the season

As for the game tonight against the Lakers I really didn't expect us to win but man what a game. I really think we could have won if someone would of stepped up, god i can't wait for Boozer. Noah and Taj are in beast mode on the glass. Noah punked Gasol most of the night IMO. Deng once again pulls his ever so famous Houdini like act and disappears but he played some solid D on Kobe in the 4th, but after puttin up 11 in the 1st he was really no where to be found. Oh well onto Phoenix. 2-2 on the circus trip so far not to bad.

Edit- when i say someone else stepping up I mean aside from Rose, Noah, and well Taj when he plays like he has these past few games, but he'll be a solid bench player once Boozer comes back..

[ Edited by hklar17 on Nov 23, 2010 at 22:26:04 ]
Good game guys. We looked like s**t, but Shannon Brown is stepping his game up this season and he carried us in the middle of the game. Maybe next time we'll really take it to you guys.

there's a s**t load of talent on this team and when boozer gets back you guys will be lethal. You guys would've beat us but the killer B's stung you from the perimeter
Originally posted by hklar17:

I really do. It'll be nice to have him and Noah even this year in the playoffs. he just needs to keep making progress through out the season

As for the game tonight against the Lakers I really didn't expect us to win but man what a game. I really think we could have won if someone would of stepped up, god i can't wait for Boozer. Noah and Taj are in beast mode on the glass. Noah punked Gasol most of the night IMO. Deng once again pulls his ever so famous Houdini like act and disappears but he played some solid D on Kobe in the 4th, but after puttin up 11 in the 1st he was really no where to be found. Oh well onto Phoenix. 2-2 on the circus trip so far not to bad.

Edit- when i say someone else stepping up I mean aside from Rose, Noah, and well Taj when he plays like he has these past few games, but he'll be a solid bench player once Boozer comes back..

Agree with everything, especially with Deng. That guy is so frustrating to watch, the guy could be going into the 3rd with 25 points, and finish the game with 25. Always seems to disappear in the clutch, and especially can't hit a free throw in clutch situations. My biggest gripe with Deng though is when he tries to create his own shot, its hardly ever there. Just give the ball to Rose and let him set you up. Offense aside, he's always been solid on D. That being said, we sure could use a stud at shooting guard, and when Boozer gets back, it's going to be scary. Go Bulls!!

Since we're playing the Suns, I wonder who will become victim to another Rose monster dunk? Dragic again?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Good game guys. We looked like s**t, but Shannon Brown is stepping his game up this season and he carried us in the middle of the game. Maybe next time we'll really take it to you guys.

We came to play. Next time you come to our house and we will kidnap Shannon and tie him up in the basement of the United Center until after the game.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Are there any fans of acquiring Carmelo on the board? I would be for it if it were for Deng, a couple firsts, and Johnson, Taj, or Asik, but only one of those three. I'm not a fan of gutting the future of this team for a player who is more about the money than winning.

If the Bulls can't get Carmelo, who can they acquire at small forward to replace Deng? Do you think they should even try to replace Deng?

Who should the Bulls go after at shooting guard? Will O.J. Mayo be available in the near future?

Are there any fans of acquiring Carmelo on the board? I would be for it if it were for Deng, a couple firsts, and Johnson, Taj, or Asik, but only one of those three. I'm not a fan of gutting the future of this team for a player who is more about the money than winning.

If the Bulls can't get Carmelo, who can they acquire at small forward to replace Deng? Do you think they should even try to replace Deng?

Who should the Bulls go after at shooting guard? Will O.J. Mayo be available in the near future?

I think we all would love Melo and the smartest move on his part would be to come to Chicago if he really wants a ring b/c of the pieces we already have in place. Do I think he'll come here, not really. Denver doesn't want Deng so if there is some kind of 3 team trade with someone else taking Deng it may work but you never know what's gonna happen I'm just not getting my hopes up. I really like our team right now and how well we have played without Boozer, but yea I guess will see what happens with this around the trade deadline, but I think he's gonna end up in New York. Hopefully I'm wrong. As for Mayo I really don't know what's going on with him.

D ROSE FOR MVP!

oh and 4-3 on the circus trip is pretty damn awesome. We could of been 5-2 with a win in Denver but the best part is we were in all the games till the end
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
D ROSE FOR MVP!

Agree with this. He's been the best player in the NBA so far this year, it'll be interesting to see how he and Boozer work together when Boozer gets into the lineup. I'm guessing his scoring average will drop a few points but the Bulls will finally blow someone out early in the game instead of coming from behind to win.
Boozer went thru a full practice today and might be back for the game this week against the Magic which would be awesome. Also Thibs said when he does return that he'll be starting and be playing starter minutes and not being eased back into things. Can't wait to see what this team can do with Boozer.

[ Edited by hklar17 on Nov 29, 2010 at 23:42:15 ]

I think we all would love Melo and the smartest move on his part would be to come to Chicago if he really wants a ring b/c of the pieces we already have in place. Do I think he'll come here, not really. Denver doesn't want Deng so if there is some kind of 3 team trade with someone else taking Deng it may work but you never know what's gonna happen I'm just not getting my hopes up. I really like our team right now and how well we have played without Boozer, but yea I guess will see what happens with this around the trade deadline, but I think he's gonna end up in New York. Hopefully I'm wrong. As for Mayo I really don't know what's going on with him.

D ROSE FOR MVP!

Although Melo would be nice, he's definitely an upgrade over Deng without a doubt, I think the bigger need is a very solid shooting guard. If we can get that, then Deng would be perfect for this team because we wouldn't have to rely on his scoring too much. I think Deng is a perfect 3rd or 4th option on offense, and he's been great on defense. I can't think of any available shooting guards out there, but if we could get one somewhow, this team will definitely be scary especially with the addition of Boozer. Go Bulls!!
Share 49ersWebzone