There are 75 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Chicago Bulls 2010-2011 Thread

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Very good year for the Bulls. Rose made the leap into the superstar category, and they look like they'll be in the Conference Finals on a pretty regular basis for the foreseeable future. I think the lack of outside shooting and a second guy that could get his own shot was their downfall.

I'd expect the Bulls to try to improve the SG position this offseason, but there might not be an MLE in the next CBA. Jason Richardson, Jamal Crawford, Marcus Thornton, and Aron Afflalo are notable FAs this offseason.

But what they'll be able to do is gonna hinge greatly on what the next CBA looks like.

Congrats on an excellent season.

Well said. Bulls will be back...Afflalo will be a great choice, because he is a damn good defender as well. I'm hoping Miami signs him in the off-season out of all those guys.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Very good year for the Bulls. Rose made the leap into the superstar category, and they look like they'll be in the Conference Finals on a pretty regular basis for the foreseeable future. I think the lack of outside shooting and a second guy that could get his own shot was their downfall.

I'd expect the Bulls to try to improve the SG position this offseason, but there might not be an MLE in the next CBA. Jason Richardson, Jamal Crawford, Marcus Thornton, and Aron Afflalo are notable FAs this offseason.

But what they'll be able to do is gonna hinge greatly on what the next CBA looks like.

Congrats on an excellent season.

Well said. Bulls will be back...Afflalo will be a great choice, because he is a damn good defender as well. I'm hoping Miami signs him in the off-season out of all those guys.

Miami wont be signing anybody because after the lockout there will be a hard cap and 90% of their team salary is tied up in 3 guys, with the other 10% going to Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Very good year for the Bulls. Rose made the leap into the superstar category, and they look like they'll be in the Conference Finals on a pretty regular basis for the foreseeable future. I think the lack of outside shooting and a second guy that could get his own shot was their downfall.

I'd expect the Bulls to try to improve the SG position this offseason, but there might not be an MLE in the next CBA. Jason Richardson, Jamal Crawford, Marcus Thornton, and Aron Afflalo are notable FAs this offseason.

But what they'll be able to do is gonna hinge greatly on what the next CBA looks like.

Congrats on an excellent season.

Well said. Bulls will be back...Afflalo will be a great choice, because he is a damn good defender as well. I'm hoping Miami signs him in the off-season out of all those guys.

Miami wont be signing anybody because after the lockout there will be a hard cap and 90% of their team salary is tied up in 3 guys, with the other 10% going to Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem.

I'd love the hard-cap in NBA. Their 3 stars have taken a pretty decent salary cut to come together and make less than Deron Williams, Peja, and KMart combined. Heat spent $66M on salaries this season, middle of the pack in all of NBA - they will be just fine.
Do the bulls have space for another FA signing this or next offseason?
Boozer = Bust
It was definitely a great season for the Bulls. They,along with Rose and Coach Thibedeau came outta nowhere and surprised everyone. It's hard to make that leap from first round exits to NBA Finals appearance, let alone win the whole thing. There were many times this postseason where it seemed like Rose was suffering from tired legs. I expect him to only get better over the offseason.

I'm really hoping we sign a legit two guard, whether it be Afflalo or even someone like J-Rich or OJ Mayo. The future is bright for this team and I expect more battles against the Heat to get to the Finals. Who knows, maybe they're Rose's Pistons. I expect us to cater our team towards beating the Heat this offseason. Can't wait to see this thing unfold. Go Bulls!!
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Very good year for the Bulls. Rose made the leap into the superstar category, and they look like they'll be in the Conference Finals on a pretty regular basis for the foreseeable future. I think the lack of outside shooting and a second guy that could get his own shot was their downfall.

I'd expect the Bulls to try to improve the SG position this offseason, but there might not be an MLE in the next CBA. Jason Richardson, Jamal Crawford, Marcus Thornton, and Aron Afflalo are notable FAs this offseason.

But what they'll be able to do is gonna hinge greatly on what the next CBA looks like.

Congrats on an excellent season.

Well said. Bulls will be back...Afflalo will be a great choice, because he is a damn good defender as well. I'm hoping Miami signs him in the off-season out of all those guys.

Miami wont be signing anybody because after the lockout there will be a hard cap and 90% of their team salary is tied up in 3 guys, with the other 10% going to Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem.

I'd love the hard-cap in NBA. Their 3 stars have taken a pretty decent salary cut to come together and make less than Deron Williams, Peja, and KMart combined. Heat spent $66M on salaries this season, middle of the pack in all of NBA - they will be just fine.

NBA owners supposedly want a 45-50 million dollar hard cap dude. Bron/Wade/Bosbh all make like 14-15 million per year. That is like 42-45 million. Then Mike Miller is making about the MLE like 5 million. You have like 3 million dollars to spend...
Who are we drafting???