There are 140 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Chicago Bulls 2010-2011 Thread

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by hklar17:
Not impressed by OKC. It's hard to beat two teams

Can you explain both of these statements?

well i guess i shouldn't be that harsh, its just that this is pretty much the same Bulls squad from last year. Rose did well in the first half but then picked up a few quick fouls and had to sit, Boozer is out, Brewer is out of shape after missing most of the pre-season, Deng disappeared in the 4th as usual. That's kinda where I was looking at this from or I'm just kinda bitter the Bulls lost

2nd team was the refs lol
oh and screw the refs

Bulls FT - 13-22
OKC FT - 38-47

I don't like to blame the refs. However OKC had the most free throw attempts in the league last year. Remember Phil Jackson making comments about that right before their series with OKC.
Hklar, agree with most of what you said. Boozer is missed because he's the only other player who can create his own shot. We need him to score on the block and down in the paint. Brewer and Korver played like sh*t.

As a matter of fact I don't like Brewer or Bogans. Neither one impresses me. So the 2 spot is a big question mark for us. It can be a problem if no one steps up.

One thing for sure that reminds me of last year with the Bulls. turnovers. I think OKC had like 12 steals.
Yea the turnovers kill us. Basically no one was able to create their own shot, so it'll be nice once Boozer gets back. Overall I think we will be fine new teammates, coach, system its just going to take everyone some getting used to. I'll see you around in this thread

Go Bulls
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
oh and screw the refs

Bulls FT - 13-22
OKC FT - 38-47

I don't like to blame the refs. However OKC had the most free throw attempts in the league last year. Remember Phil Jackson making comments about that right before their series with OKC.

The FT discrepancy Laker/OKC series was brutal. They know how to get the whistles, that's for sure.
well the last 2 games have both been wins so thats great. I didn't watch the game last night cuz of the world series but Deng going off for 40!!! wow would love to see some consistency from this performance moving forward.
great read on Noah
link..
Lets go Bulls!
What a dunk by Rose!!
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
What a dunk by Rose!!

Lol! I just caught that hi-lite. Awesome! Dude was all: "hey guys, check this out. I'm fittin' to attack the rack like spider monkey" A-GA-GA-GA-GA-GA-GA-GA-GA-GA
[ Edited by NatralBrnThrila on Nov 5, 2010 at 9:41 AM ]
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
The Bulls need to pull off some trades to get some height/size inside and a quality shooting guard.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Wow did Golden State look bad tonight. There's no excuse for that kind of play but I'm happy they gave the Bulls a free W tonight. I have to root for the only player from Wyoming in the NBA but James Johnson looked lost and lazy in his 3 1/2 minutes of play.
Originally posted by 23zack80:
The Bulls need to pull off some trades to get some height/size inside and a quality shooting guard.

Well we got Noah, Gibson, Asik, and of course Boozer once he comes back so kinda dont see any point of trading for a big if thats what you meant. Last few games Bogans has played decent defensively but yea our SG situations blows.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 23zack80:

Well we got Noah, Gibson, Asik, and of course Boozer once he comes back so kinda dont see any point of trading for a big if thats what you meant. Last few games Bogans has played decent defensively but yea our SG situations blows.

The Bulls can't match up with large physical inside players like Nene or Shaq because they have no size up front. Noah only weighs about 230 and Boozer is too short to defend a seven footer. They need a Kendrick Perkins/Glen Davis/Shaq/Andrew Bynum type of player. They need a true center.

Bogans and Brewer have picked up their play against the Wizards and Warriors but neither of those teams are exactly high caliber.