There are 69 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2010-2011 San Antonio Spurs thread

Wow! 6-0 on the road!!!! Only undefeated team on the road!! Last year, we sucked on the road.
Some people are going to overinterpret this game. Spurs fans will say, "they really showed toughness and heart fighting back and stealing this game from a young team with a very good, underrated frontcourt." Lakers/Mavs/Hornets fans will say, "see the Spurs aren't elite, they almost lost to the freaking Timberwolves! They let Darko put up sick numbers!"

I'll just say this was the worst, most unenjoyable basketball game I've seen in a long, LONG time. It doesn't make me optimistic or pessimistic. It didn't tell me anything about the Spurs. I hate this expression, but it is what it is.
Originally posted by dobo:
Some people are going to overinterpret this game. Spurs fans will say, "they really showed toughness and heart fighting back and stealing this game from a young team with a very good, underrated frontcourt." Lakers/Mavs/Hornets fans will say, "see the Spurs aren't elite, they almost lost to the freaking Timberwolves! They let Darko put up sick numbers!"

I'll just say this was the worst, most unenjoyable basketball game I've seen in a long, LONG time. It doesn't make me optimistic or pessimistic. It didn't tell me anything about the Spurs. I hate this expression, but it is what it is.

overreaction

The Spurs are definitely an elite team. Their biggest question mark is whether they are all healthy and not tired come playoff time. With their age they really need to pace themselves, but don't really have that luxury without losing some ground in the west. This hot start is very important for them to be able to relax and rest a bit later on.

As for the T-Wolves, they have a competitive team and no game in the NBA is a gimme. I've seen the Lakers lose to some terrible teams when they should have blown the team out of the water over the years and there's no question whether they are an elite team. Almost losing to the Wolves does not mean the Spurs aren't elite. Clearly the way they are playing shows they are one of the best in the league.

Can they beat the Lakers in a 7 game series is another story.
Originally posted by AmpLee:

The Spurs are definitely an elite team. Their biggest question mark is whether they are all healthy and not tired come playoff time. With their age they really need to pace themselves, but don't really have that luxury without losing some ground in the west. This hot start is very important for them to be able to relax and rest a bit later on.

As for the T-Wolves, they have a competitive team and no game in the NBA is a gimme. I've seen the Lakers lose to some terrible teams when they should have blown the team out of the water over the years and there's no question whether they are an elite team. Almost losing to the Wolves does not mean the Spurs aren't elite. Clearly the way they are playing shows they are one of the best in the league.

I think you're right. The Spurs can't hang with the Lakers in a 7 game series, at least not yet. Pop is still tinkering with lineups and trying to get Hill, Blair, and Splitter going. And working Anderson into the rotation several weeks from now is going to be another headache. This team needs work.

The last two games have been crazy and the Spurs have given two completely different looks. The next two games (against Dallas and NO) are going to be disappointing losses, IMO.
We look f**king ferocious right now
Originally posted by AmpLee:

I think you're right. The Spurs can't hang with the Lakers in a 7 game series, at least not yet. Pop is still tinkering with lineups and trying to get Hill, Blair, and Splitter going. And working Anderson into the rotation several weeks from now is going to be another headache. This team needs work.

The last two games have been crazy and the Spurs have given two completely different looks. The next two games (against Dallas and NO) are going to be disappointing losses, IMO.

I Agree with both posts. Spurs are still unproven but I have a feeling Pop goes to what works in the "bigger" games.
Hopefully my Mavs' can slow y'all down a little bit tomorrow night
The Spurs have dominated the Hornets in the second half.

Parker is still probably the most under rated point.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Maybe so, but the Spurs dominated with defense and outside shooting. Parker didn't play very well.
Originally posted by Ajanke:

overreaction

He concludes with the milquetoast-esque response of "it is what it is," and you say "overreaction"? Classic!

Maybe so, but the Spurs dominated with defense and outside shooting. Parker didn't play very well.

I know but he's still underrated.
Are we successful too early? Is the team playing like Borg or is there still a lot of assimilating to do?

[ Edited by Joecool on Nov 29, 2010 at 14:19:04 ]
Are we successful too early

Don't be silly. This team is racking up wins without jeopardizing their season.

Is the team playing like Borg or is there still a lot of assimilating to do?

Needs further assimilation: Anderson, Blair, Hill, and Splitter. (I'm least worried about Hill.)

Everyone else looks fine. Just avoid injuries and fatigue.

[ Edited by dobo on Nov 29, 2010 at 14:31:04 ]