Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2010-2011 San Antonio Spurs thread

We really need another 7-footer.

I'll take 1-0 though.
Originally posted by Joecool:

I'll take 1-0 though.

We have another one, he just didn't play last night.
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Offense looked good last night. Defense not so good. I think the Pacers were just shooting. Also need to limit them turnovers. Oh well first game and we got a win.

I think that has more to do with the team you were playing rather than the Spurs. The Pacers are like Diet Golden State.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Offense looked good last night. Defense not so good. I think the Pacers were just shooting. Also need to limit them turnovers. Oh well first game and we got a win.

I think that has more to do with the team you were playing rather than the Spurs. The Pacers are like Diet Golden State.

Ha! Diet Golden State. That's hilarious.
Originally posted by dobo:

I'll take 1-0 though.

We have another one, he just didn't play last night.

Correction, we need a 7-footer. Our tallest guy is 6'11" and we only have two of those. Top teams have two of those as forwards.

I think we lose a lot of length once Tim rests.
The defense was turrible in the first half, decent in the second.
Boy, that inch between 6'11" and 7'0" is HUGE.

That's what she said.

I know, it's nothing really but overall, in terms of the players on the court, we aren't very long.

That's what she said.

I know, it's nothing really but overall, in terms of the players on the court, we aren't very long.

Better make sure George Hill doesn't know your cell phone number. He'll try to dispute that.

That's what she said.

The height at 1-3 is much more of a concern.

The Spurs have two 7 footers (OK, they have two 6 eleveners). After that Bonner is 6 foot 10, McDyess is 6 foot 9, and Blair is 6 foot 7. Bonner and McDyess are both "stretch the floor" bigs, so their heights are well within the acceptable range, IMO. And McDyess has shown that his size isn't a problem on the defensive end. Blair is clearly undersized, but he hustles, plays bigger than he is, and can present a matchup nightmare for some teams.

I really think the Spurs are going to go with a Twin Towers approach. Blair, McDyess, and Bonner will be 10-15 mpg guys. Duncan and Splitter will be 25-30 mpg guys.
[ Edited by dobo on Oct 28, 2010 at 4:29 PM ]
SAN ANTONIO – The San Antonio Spurs today announced that guard Tony Parker has signed a multi-year contract extension. Per club policy details of the contract were not announced.

“We are thrilled that Tony has signed a long-term contract extension,” said Spurs Head Coach Gregg Popovich. “He has enjoyed an outstanding NBA career. With all that he has accomplished it is easy to forget that he is only 28-years-old. Tony is a unique talent and a wonderful young man.”

http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/tony_parker_contract_extension_101030.html

From his facebooks...

im happy im staying with the spurs!!! san antonio is HOME!!!!! je suis content de rester a san antonio!! SAN ANTONIO CEST LA MAISON!!!

Friggin' gibberish.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
je suis content de rester a san antonio!! SAN ANTONIO CEST LA MAISON!!![/i]

Friggin' gibberish.

Did he just surrender to Dirk?
I'm shocked. I thought they would hold off on any decision until the trade deadline.

Players under contract in 2012 (when Duncan's expires): Parker, Hill, RJ, Ginobili, Splitter, Blair, and Anderson. That's not horrible.

Friggin' gibberish.

Maybe. But I think Dirk's pansiness outweighs his Germanity, so Parker might be unaffected.

Friggin' gibberish.

Maybe. But I think Dirk's pansiness outweighs his Germanity, so Parker might be unaffected.

+3 for "Germanity".

So it's a draw.