There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2010-2011 San Antonio Spurs thread

Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by Joecool:
I'm not going to try to pretend that the Spurs can handle any team and am fully hoping for Dallas to get bumped to the 4th slot. I would rather the Spurs play DAL over OKC. OKC is a very dangerous team and has the talent to beat anyone in the West.

The Spurs hit a skid but are now back in their rhythm they had during mid-season.

While I agree OKC is a dangerous team, I think our coaching/experience can take them in a 7 game series.

I don't know. What they missed most last year was that killer mentality that experience in the playoffs provides andor a veteran provides. I think Perkins gives them a lot of that and will not allow that team to accept losing as they did last year.

I'll still take our coaches over theirs, and while they may be getting that killer mentality I still like the Spurs chances (while healthy) to make it to the finals. But maybe its just b/c I've been a Spurs fan since they won with Timmy/the admiral/sean Elliot!
Great showing by the bench vs Lakers starters who should have closed this game out at halftime even at 70% effort. McDyss, Duncan, Parker and the very little rest Manu get a nice break and see their backups play strong.

Blaire and Neal are the real deal being neither of them with no more than two years of NbA experience. Lakers had to take Kobe off of Neal and insert their key stopper Artest after Neal took Kobe to the basket a few times from the three.

Splitter needs to work on his post game this offseason those low jump hooks are embarrassing.
The Spurs started George Hill, Gary Neal, Richard Jefferson, Tiago Splitter and DeJuan Blair. DNP for Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, and McDyess.

It was pretty fun watching guys like Danny freaking Green keep the team close in the 4th.
I just heard about manu
Damn, Spurs have the early game on Sunday. The players won't wake up until halftime.
1 more hour to go!
Sloppy shooting so far.
Sloppy, ugly, physical first half. Style favors Memphis. It looks like the Spurs guards haven't yet figured out who's going to step up in Manu's absence.

Duncan came to play. One-on-one, he's abusing Gasol.

But Parker, Hill, and Neal need to get their s**t together.
God f**king parking and hill couldn't make a shot to save their lives tonight. Missed back to back shots and let the grizzlies f**kign win.
Originally posted by Ajanke:
God f**king parking and hill couldn't make a shot to save their lives tonight. Missed back to back shots and let the grizzlies f**kign win.

That was pathetic all around besides Duncan in the first half. Running us off the threes was key in beating us throughout the year. Our guys need to make the defense pay and drive hard.
Dang. Sucks. Oh well.

Memphis is a good team, they managed to dictate the pace and style for most of the game. Pop should have put Splitter in for a bit to help slow down Randolph and Gasol.

Most of all, Parker needs to keep attacking and, ya know, actually make some shots. The return of Manu will be nice. Players tend to have more open lanes and more open shots when he's on the court.

Spurs in 5, maybe 6.
Originally posted by dobo:
Dang. Sucks. Oh well.

Memphis is a good team, they managed to dictate the pace and style for most of the game. Pop should have put Splitter in for a bit to help slow down Randolph and Gasol.

Most of all, Parker needs to keep attacking and, ya know, actually make some shots. The return of Manu will be nice. Players tend to have more open lanes and more open shots when he's on the court.

Spurs in 5, maybe 6.

Hill needs to stop thinking so much when he has the ball. He really slowed the offense down when he had the ball.
Interesting conversation on ESPN radio. They are talking about Kobe vs Timmy during playoff time and that their career overall efficiency is almost exactly the same. Anyone listening to this?
I just read that Battier's wife gave birth to their second child yesterday. What a day for him.