There are 151 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2010-2011 San Antonio Spurs thread

I'm actually pretty impressed with the Spurs. Everyone has stepped up and played hard. Each game was lost in the 4th quarter, which isn't surprising when Tim Duncan does not play. The pace has been faster, so fatigue has been an issue.

No Duncan, Manu, Parker, or McDyess and the Spurs still played the Blazers tough.

I don't really believe in blessings in disguise. I have more confidence in Pop's judgment than that. So this has been an unfortunate stretch, but I like what I've seen.
Nice win today. George Hill was straight balling.
Hugeeee win today.

It was a good day. Braves, Spurs and the Rangers all won
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Hugeeee win today.

It was a good day. Braves, Spurs and the Rangers all won

And the Lakers lost.

Hill can be a starter in this league as he stepped in and shined the last few games.
Man, for the Lakers, it actually turns out better to be ranked #2 but higher than any team in the East because the Lakers will possibly avoid the teams that matchup well against them and have a higher probability of beating SA on the road.

SA must have home court throughout but in order to do that, their road in the playoffs will be much tougher. If they do get the 2nd seed, I don't see them beating the Lakers in the Conf Finals in LA.
Another important win.
Another important win.

Man is this team exciting to watch when we are back and at full strength!

I think the injuries have actually helped us in George Hill making a nice statement that he's starter material. What's best about him and Neal is that they won't hesitate to punish the defense by letting it go from deep if any space is given. Bonner still will occasionally pass up on an open shot and I have a feeling this hesitation will increase in the playoffs but Neal and Hill are ready to go.
Go Spurs Go!

- San Antonio Born and Bred
Originally posted by Joecool:
Another important win.

Man is this team exciting to watch when we are back and at full strength!

I think the injuries have actually helped us in George Hill making a nice statement that he's starter material. What's best about him and Neal is that they won't hesitate to punish the defense by letting it go from deep if any space is given. Bonner still will occasionally pass up on an open shot and I have a feeling this hesitation will increase in the playoffs but Neal and Hill are ready to go.

Hill is certainly solid and I agree, he could definitely start on several other teams. Neal has quietly put together a solid rookie campaign. I look forward to seeing how he handles the playoff atmosphere.
Did the Warriors lock up the 1 seed for the Spurs by beating LA?
Originally posted by global_nomad:

Yes. The Spurs have secured HCA over everyone except Chicago.
Originally posted by dobo:

Yes. The Spurs have secured HCA over everyone except Chicago.

very nice (in a Borat voice)
I'm not going to try to pretend that the Spurs can handle any team and am fully hoping for Dallas to get bumped to the 4th slot. I would rather the Spurs play DAL over OKC. OKC is a very dangerous team and has the talent to beat anyone in the West.

The Spurs hit a skid but are now back in their rhythm they had during mid-season.
I'm not going to try to pretend that the Spurs can handle any team and am fully hoping for Dallas to get bumped to the 4th slot. I would rather the Spurs play DAL over OKC. OKC is a very dangerous team and has the talent to beat anyone in the West.

The Spurs hit a skid but are now back in their rhythm they had during mid-season.

While I agree OKC is a dangerous team, I think our coaching/experience can take them in a 7 game series.

While I agree OKC is a dangerous team, I think our coaching/experience can take them in a 7 game series.

I don't know. What they missed most last year was that killer mentality that experience in the playoffs provides andor a veteran provides. I think Perkins gives them a lot of that and will not allow that team to accept losing as they did last year.