There are 307 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2010-2011 San Antonio Spurs thread

Originally posted by dobo:

What happens when an unstoppable flopper meets a flop happy object? This.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

What happens when an unstoppable flopper meets a flop happy object? This.

This is like watching soccer.
That double flop play was hilarious! One of these days, I want to see two uber floppers not even touch but both fall back and slide on the ground back about 5 feet.

Man, when I watch the Spurs, I get that feeling I would get when watching Montana and the 49ers. You know how they would always say "well-oiled machine" and the satisfaction you got watching near perfect football? That's how I feel when watching the Spurs.

They play the game of basketball so well it's impressive and fun to watch. They play it like it should be played. It's like watching NBA players execute like a precise college team. I hope Pop swings the game of basketball back to what it should be rather than the one guy at the top with everyone outside the arc watching. It does seem like we are getting back to that with these super power teams because even the Heat have learned that in order to win, they must sacrafice and work within some type of system.

[ Edited by Joecool on Jan 27, 2011 at 09:22:50 ]
I'm surprised that the Spurs aren't getting more respect than they are.
Two of the greatest floppers of all time. Manu saw what Bell was doing and thought to himself, "hell no, I invented this s**t."
Two of the greatest floppers of all time. Manu saw what Bell was doing and thought to himself, "hell no, I invented this s**t."

They got a little chippy prior to some sets. That's one foreigner that doesn't back down. Probably because he's not a Euro.

[ Edited by Joecool on Jan 27, 2011 at 09:56:10 ]
Hmmm.

Actually, Manu's flop was caused, at least in part, by his rolling over Bell's foot ... which he placed there while flopping.

Yeah, I'm a homer.
Hmmm.

Actually, Manu's flop was caused, at least in part, by his rolling over Bell's foot ... which he placed there while flopping.

Yeah, I'm a homer.

In a dubbed martial arts movie voice.

Bell: Haha! I'm going to get him by flopping!

Manu: You fool! I will flop as the result of your flop! You are no match!
Well it's that time of year again. Road trip!

Yup, If the Spurs can get through this without losing any spread they have worked for in the Western Conference, then there's a very good chance at home court throughout. The next 17 days is a very good opportunity for other teams to try and close the gap. I can see the Spurs coming out of this trip only 3 or 4 games up from the 7.5

Tue 01 @ Portland 9:00pm FSSW 1200 WOAI
Thu 03 @ LA Lakers 9:30pm 1200 WOAI
Fri 04 @ Sacramento 9:00pm KENS HD 1200 WOAI
Tue 08 @ Detroit 6:30pm FSSW 1200 WOAI
Wed 09 @ Toronto 6:00pm FSSW 1200 WOAI
Fri 11 @ Philadelphia 6:00pm FSSW 1200 WOAI
Sat 12 @ Washington 7:00pm CW35 HD 1200 WOAI
Mon 14 @ New Jersey 6:00pm FSSW 1200 WOAI
Thu 17 @ Chicago 7:00pm 1200 WOAI
SAN ANTONIO (Jan. 29, 2011) – The San Antonio Spurs today announced that they have recalled rookie James Anderson from the Austin Toros of the NBA Development League. He will be active for San Antonio’s game tonight against the Houston Rockets at the AT&T Center.
Anderson, a 6-6, 215-pound guard, was assigned to the Toros on January 26 for a rehab assignment. He has been out since November 11 when he was diagnosed with a stress fracture in the fifth metatarsal of his right foot. In Austin, Anderson played in two games, averaging 14.5 points and 2.0 rebounds in 14.0 minutes per game. He shot .556 (10-18) from the field, .444 (4-9) from three-point territory and .714 (5-7) from the free throw line. Before the injury, he appeared in six games for the Spurs, averaging 7.0 points and 1.5 assists in 17.7 minutes per game. He is shooting .424 (14-33) from the field and .500 (10-20) from three-point land.
I'll go ahead and say it: Tim Duncan does not deserve a spot.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Yup, If the Spurs can get through this without losing any spread they have worked for in the Western Conference, then there's a very good chance at home court throughout. The next 17 days is a very good opportunity for other teams to try and close the gap. I can see the Spurs coming out of this trip only 3 or 4 games up from the 7.5

Tue 01 @ Portland 9:00pm FSSW 1200 WOAI
Thu 03 @ LA Lakers 9:30pm 1200 WOAI
Fri 04 @ Sacramento 9:00pm KENS HD 1200 WOAI
Tue 08 @ Detroit 6:30pm FSSW 1200 WOAI
Wed 09 @ Toronto 6:00pm FSSW 1200 WOAI
Fri 11 @ Philadelphia 6:00pm FSSW 1200 WOAI
Sat 12 @ Washington 7:00pm CW35 HD 1200 WOAI
Mon 14 @ New Jersey 6:00pm FSSW 1200 WOAI
Thu 17 @ Chicago 7:00pm 1200 WOAI

That East Coast swing is a breeze until Chicago. No pun intended.
I'll go ahead and say it: Tim Duncan does not deserve a spot.

Some homer you are. He deserves to start. Bam! Out-homered.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Hmmm.

Yeah, I'm a homer.

In a dubbed martial arts movie voice.

Bell: Haha! I'm going to get him by flopping!

Manu: You fool! I will flop as the result of your flop! You are no match!