There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2010-2011 San Antonio Spurs thread

Bring it on San Antonio!
Oh, man. Duncan went down hard with a knee injury. It looked like he tweeked it at the 3 point line setting a screen. The play went by him and he stumbled with his step, then got down low in the post, and when the play went the other way, he went straight down to the ground, clutching his knee. After a few moments, he actually got up and walked better than I thought he would, but he was limping on it. When he left the arena, he was walking a lot better than he was when he went to the bench.

Update: He started the 2nd half. He looks ok. Maybe a little iffy, but he's playing. I can't imagine they would play games with it if it was anything big.
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Jan 24, 2011 at 8:57 PM ]
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Oh, man. Duncan went down hard with a knee injury. It looked like he tweeked it at the 3 point line setting a screen. The play went by him and he stumbled with his step, then got down low in the post, and when the play went the other way, he went straight down to the ground, clutching his knee. After a few moments, he actually got up and walked better than I thought he would, but he was limping on it. When he left the arena, he was walking a lot better than he was when he went to the bench.

Update: He started the 2nd half. He looks ok. Maybe a little iffy, but he's playing. I can't imagine they would play games with it if it was anything big.

Man, I wish I had league pass.

His knee is still a concern. The real test is if he can come back loose for the next game. They said it was a hyper-extension, which is a huge relief as those only happen on an awkward step more than it does due to a weakened or sprained ligament.

Funny quote:

"They're a very frustrating team to play," Lee said. "I don't go out there feeling like they're a better team than us. When you play the Lakers, you look at their size and say it's going to be a tough game. I feel like we match up well with the Spurs. I feel like they're a beatable team, especially in this building. And just the way they execute and the way they take advantage of any little mistake you make, it's like a boring way to play but it's so effective.

"There's a reason why their record is what it is."

Spurs still have a lot to prove but it will be there back court along with front court hustle that carries them through the playoffs. They have played well against the taller teams but I don't know if they can sustain it in a 7 game series.
The Utah game will be interesting. Two teams that pride themselves on minimizing mistakes and self discipline within the game plan. The Spurs have won games on this alone because some opponents do not stay focused.

I just want to see how they handle another well-coached team and if the Spurs' "lack of talent" will be exposed.
Originally posted by Joecool:
The Utah game will be interesting. Two teams that pride themselves on minimizing mistakes and self discipline within the game plan. The Spurs have won games on this alone because some opponents do not stay focused.

I just want to see how they handle another well-coached team and if the Spurs' "lack of talent" will be exposed.

Utah's playing TERRIBLE basketball right now.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

I agree, but who knows what happens game to game. It only takes one game to turn that frown upside down. Which game was it for the Lakers...NOH game after the 3 consecutive game slide?

Utah has lost 5 in a row. Odds are in their favor to turn it around soon. Teams on those types of slides are the 2nd scariest schedule. What's the first? IMO, teams that have won 6 or 7 straight.

Utah is a loss waiting to happen for some opponent anytime soon. Who knows, it just seems like an unpredictable game because it's not like they are a bottom feeder. They are a legit playoff team.
[ Edited by Joecool on Jan 26, 2011 at 3:27 PM ]

I agree, but who knows what happens game to game. It only takes one game to turn that frown upside down. Which game was it for the Lakers...NOH game after the 3 consecutive game slide?

Utah has lost 5 in a row. Odds are in their favor to turn it around soon. Teams on those types of slides are the 2nd scariest schedule. What's the first? IMO, teams that have won 6 or 7 straight.

Utah is a loss waiting to happen for some opponent anytime soon.

Very true. They just look like a total mess right now as opposed to just being on a skid. But you're definitely right about how things work in the NBA in this respect.

Utah is a loss waiting to happen for some opponent anytime soon.

Very true. They just look like a total mess right now as opposed to just being on a skid. But you're definitely right about how things work in the NBA in this respect.

Hopefully, they will turn it around just before they play the Lakers next time.
in my entire life only one team I like outside of the Bay Area and thats the Spurs. My 3 teams are the Giants,49ers and the Spurs so as usual I cheer them on every year. So go Spurs!!!
This isn't gonna be close
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
This isn't gonna be close

As a Jazz fan myself, watching them the last 5 games has been down right awful. T.B.H im a little worried we just may not turn this thing around. I just don't see the lights turning on tonight, I think we need to get an easy win and get some momentum. I was hoping last night would spark us, but it actually made us worse. I don't think we're ready to play on of the best teams in the league.

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dobo:

Floptastic

I love manu but that s**t is ridiculous. I hate when players flop

Nice! I was hoping someone would gif up the double flop.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home