There are 147 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2010-2011 San Antonio Spurs thread

Damn, Manu! A three?
Spurs broadcasts averaged an impressive 9.7 Nielsen household rating in the San Antonio market on FOX Sports Southwest through January 5, 2011. According to Nielsen Media Research data, the 9.7 rating is a 54 percent season-to-season increase; pacing the Spurs to top the team’s best-ever season average of 7.7 established in 2004-05.
I can't wait to see what this team looks like on the Rodeo Road Trip. THAT is when the team defense will emerge.

Basically, the Spurs have four good defenders: Duncan, Manu, Hill, and McDyess. Everyone else is either average or below average. The Spurs have no elite defenders.

Splitter has great potential defensively, so we'll see if he amounts to anything. James Anderson? Who knows?

Parker is average but can be good if he tries. RJ is average.

Blair, Bonner, and Neal are liabilities.
Originally posted by dobo:
I can't wait to see what this team looks like on the Rodeo Road Trip. THAT is when the team defense will emerge.

Basically, the Spurs have four good defenders: Duncan, Manu, Hill, and McDyess. Everyone else is either average or below average. The Spurs have no elite defenders.

Splitter has great potential defensively, so we'll see if he amounts to anything. James Anderson? Who knows?

Parker is average but can be good if he tries. RJ is average.

Blair, Bonner, and Neal are liabilities.

I think RJ is a far better defender than we think. He started in the league as a very good defender but got away from it in his NJ flashy Jason Kidd days. RJ has vastly improved his defense this year. Not really improved but went back to his earlier years in the league. He has the size and athletic ability to guard guys like Kobe if he focuses on it.
Oh no! Two losses in a row!

Valrod just got called for a technical
God bless America, how many times do the Spurs play the Wolves this season?
God bless America, how many times do the Spurs play the Wolves this season?

At least 60
Under the radar.

Goal this year: just stay healthy.
Quote:
The Miami Heat had a better point differential until their current four-game losing streak. Those four losses have put the Spurs on top statistically, with a differential of plus-9.4 points per 100 possessions -- the eighth-best mark of the last 20 seasons.
San Antonio is one of only three teams who rank in the top 10 both offensively and defensively. They have the No. 1 offense (109.6 points scored per 100 possessions) and the No. 7 defense (100.2 allowed). The two others are the Lakers (third and eighth) and Heat (fifth and third).
Do I really need to be the one to grab this thread from the bottom of the forum and give props to Duncan for his spectacular night?

Duncan: 21 points, 16 rebounds, 8 assists, and 5 blocks
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Do I really need to be the one to grab this thread from the bottom of the forum and give props to Duncan for his spectacular night?

Duncan: 21 points, 16 rebounds, 8 assists, and 5 blocks

You know we don't post much in our thread!

I knew he was gonna have a good night when Turiaf annoyed him in the first quarter. Sassy Tim is beastly.
Well one of the team's disappointments is slowly becoming a bright spot.

DeJuan Blair is a man.
[ Edited by dobo on Jan 22, 2011 at 2:35 PM ]
Well one of the team's disappointments is slowly becoming a bright spot.

DeJuan Blair is a man.

Someday he will eat an entire NBA team, and it will be surprisingly delicate.