There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2010-2011 San Antonio Spurs thread

Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Damn! Surewest doesn't have NBATV!

That sucks. I'll be listening to Seal Elliott tell it like it is.

lol
Well done. It's remarkable how well Popovich has been able to shift this team from being Duncan-centric to a faster, more wing oriented team, but he's done it and won 50 games all the while.

The one silver lining I took from the game as a Laker fan was that the Spurs struggled against the Gasol/Bynum combination. Bynum really imposed his size when the Lakers were in there, and that will be a more frequent lineup come playoff time, barring injury.

But I do believe that the Spurs can beat the Lakers in a 7 game series this year, and I didn't feel that way before the season.
Nice win. Didn't see the game so can't really say much as highlights don't really show much.

However, I'm surprised we won way we did with an awful 3-point percentage and Duncan not doing much in terms of points.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Nice win. Didn't see the game so can't really say much as highlights don't really show much.

However, I'm surprised we won way we did with an awful 3-point percentage and Duncan not doing much in terms of points.

The Spurs' defensive rotations were top notch all game, Parker did a great job of being opportunistic in transition, Manu & George Hill did a great job of turning Kobe over, and DeJuan Blair changed the complexion of the game in the 3rd with his offensive rebounding and hustle. It was a superb, well-rounded performance from the Spurs.
at Lakers
Nice:

Quote:
The Spurs improved to 27-4, among the best starts in NBA history. The Lakers dropped to 21-10, marking the first time since 2007 they've reached 10 losses this early.

Richard Jefferson scored 17 points and George Hill had 10. The Spurs coasted in the fourth quarter, almost remarkably, while Duncan and Ginobili were reduced to non-factors.
Duncan was 1 of 7 from the field and had two points. Ginobili made only 3 of 12, finishing with nine points.
But winning despite a bad night from two-thirds of their championship core may be reassuring as the Spurs begin their toughest stretch of the season.

The Spurs have never been this complete before.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 128,024
You guys are off to a great start. I'm just excited to know we actually beat you.

1 of the 4. Lol
Originally posted by jrg:
You guys are off to a great start. I'm just excited to know we actually beat you.

1 of the 4. Lol

You and the Clippers!
Good game, dudes. We were pathetic out there, and you guys took it to us. Hope we can look like a respectable NBA team next time we play.





And Heysuse Kristow, Sean Elliot has got to be not only the biggest homer, but the stupidest SOB calling games. He gets more s**t wrong that Joe Starky late in his career. My favorite tonight was when he was calling bloody murder for a flagrant on Artest. He was going on and on about how he never even went for the ball, let alone got a piece of it. Then they showed a different angle that clearly showed Artest did indeed get the ball, and it was just a good hard foul. Absolute silence from both commentators for a few seconds and then they just stumble into another topic.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Good game, dudes. We were pathetic out there, and you guys took it to us. Hope we can look like a respectable NBA team next time we play.





And Heysuse Kristow, Sean Elliot has got to be not only the biggest homer, but the stupidest SOB calling games. He gets more s**t wrong that Joe Starky late in his career. My favorite tonight was when he was calling bloody murder for a flagrant on Artest. He was going on and on about how he never even went for the ball, let alone got a piece of it. Then they showed a different angle that clearly showed Artest did indeed get the ball, and it was just a good hard foul. Absolute silence from both commentators for a few seconds and then they just stumble into another topic.

Tellin' it like it is. And there's two t's.

Against the Wizards, Blair got his own rebound 3 times on offense, despite being surrounded by Wizards. Sean Elliott called the Wizards a WNBA team. I heart Sean Elliott, because he makes fun of other teams and players.
Tellin' it like it is, lol

Tony Parker could f**k Sean Elliott's wife and he would still tell it like it is.
I learned my wicked jumpshot from an instructional video with Ninja. He also made the best Taco Cabana commercials.

So much wisdom.
Originally posted by dobo:
Tellin' it like it is, lol

Tony Parker could f**k Sean Elliott's wife and he would still tell it like it is.

Yeah, I giggled when I typed it.

Sean Elliott would make fun of me for giggling.
Sheesh, I would like to but I can't get myself to think that we are really this good. Can't do it until these guys prove they can withstand the entire season.

We always finish the season strong and were doing a great job of it last year also but Tony got hurt and Duncan had his light knee sprain. Even then, Duncan had a very solid playoffs averaging nearly 20 and 10.

This team won't get respect unless they are playing this way into the playoffs.

George Hill's defense has gone unnoticed. They are a much better defensive team when he's in. Their defense dropped a lot during the games he was out.
I wanna hear Sean Elliott and Tommy Heinsohn doing the color for a Celtics/Spurs game. Someone might die.