WS:
Yankees over Phillies in 6
Phils sweep their way to the 2nd world series in 3 years
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Texas up 1-0 in the series
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Can't believe Tampa Bay lost Game 1 at home.
Originally posted by jrg:

TB is in big trouble. I know they are damn good but I thought they were the most vulnerable of the favorites going in. Texas is a team I wouldnt want to play. I think they are the sleeper to go all the way although i picked the Yanks to beat them.

Can't beat Cliff Lee. Can't do it.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

TB is in big trouble. I know they are damn good but I thought they were the most vulnerable of the favorites going in. Texas is a team I wouldnt want to play. I think they are the sleeper to go all the way although i picked the Yanks to beat them.

Yerp, I didn't watch much of any of TB this season but maybe it was just Cliff Lee being awesome, but none of their hitters would scare me at all.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Yerp, I didn't watch much of any of TB this season but maybe it was just Cliff Lee being awesome, but none of their hitters would scare me at all.

Longoria is great but he is hurt. Crawford is terrific but not a slugger that scares you to death. So.. have to agree with you. Not a lineup right now that will make you sweat too much.
Victorino is so damn annoying

Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Victorino is so damn awesome

fixed
Game Set Match. 2nd Inning and this game is OVER.

This series is such a mismatch. The Reds pitching doesnt come close to the Phillies.. or the Braves or Giants for that matter. I really wish the Padres would have been the wildcard so the Giants could have played Cincy first.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Game Set Match. 2nd Inning and this game is OVER.

This series is such a mismatch. The Reds pitching doesnt come close to the Phillies.. or the Braves or Giants for that matter. I really wish the Padres would have been the wildcard so the Giants could have played Cincy first.

Yeah this is gonna be a slaughter
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Victorino is so damn awesome

fixed

x2
Philly is killing them. I expected that with Roy on the bump.

But Price gets beat badly. I know Lee is the man, but I expected a little more. I was thinking prior, I would rather have the Twins than get the Rangers. The Twins were playing horrible since clinching.

This is why they play though. You never know what will happen in the playoffs. No matter the pitcher.
Share 49ersWebzone