There are 113 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**OFFICIAL Sacramento Kings 2010-2011 Season Thread**

what is everyone's opinion on Slammin Sammie? Personally I think he wil go to the Knicks or Rockets.

I hope we can court Tyson Chandler to this team
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
what is everyone's opinion on Slammin Sammie? Personally I think he wil go to the Knicks or Rockets.

I've heard Miami come up a lot... because he already lives there, it's relatively close to his home country and the Heat obviously need a big man. I know Miami's nightlife doesn't compare to Sac, but Sammie will manage

I think we have a good shot at resigning Thornton. That's what the Grant Man Nappear is claiming.
Originally posted by sacniner:

I've heard Miami come up a lot... because he already lives there, it's relatively close to his home country and the Heat obviously need a big man. I know Miami's nightlife doesn't compare to Sac, but Sammie will manage

I think we have a good shot at resigning Thornton. That's what the Grant Man Nappear is claiming.

Yeah, I think they resign Thornton for sure, but not feeling too confident about Daley. I heard there was bad blood between him and management at the end of the year about him not getting a contract extension. But they do have the most $ to spend, it's just a matter if they decide to overpay him or not, because that is what it will take. All I can hope is that if they do not resign him, that they make a hard push for another defensive-minded C. I think Chandler would be the obvious choice, but don't think he's leaving DAL. I wouldn't even be opposed to someone like Camby as a stopgap. It is crucial that we have a defensive minded C to allow Cousins to continue to play the 4 as well as one that can help out with his defensive deficiencies

Newest release from Think Big Sacramento:

http://www.thinkbigsacramento.com/assets/Uploads/The_Capitol_Corridor_Impact_Report.pdf
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Newest release from Think Big Sacramento:

http://www.thinkbigsacramento.com/assets/Uploads/The_Capitol_Corridor_Impact_Report.pdf
Nice. I love seeing those stats of people that attend the Arena from outside Sacramento.

Quote:
1. For basketball and non-basketball events, nearly 75% of attendees come from outside of the City of Sacramento.
2. For basketball related events, just over 62% of attendees come from outside the City of Sacramento.
3. For non-basketball related events (e.g. cultural and civic events), nearly 80% of attendees come from regions outside the City of Sacramento.

okay but what will we do concerning replacing him?
[ Edited by Frisco69ers on Jul 15, 2011 at 10:39 AM ]

okay but what will we do concernign replacing him?

Honestly, we have to wait until the new CBA is established. If there is a hard cap, we have a shot at a guy like Chandler because we can offer a lot of cash. If things stay the same (which they probably won't), we won't be able to get a good free agent. Maybe Petrie will have to make some kind of trade.
Sounding like Sammy D out, Thornton in. I think the Hickson trade shows the kings trying to prepare for this scenario. Starting 5 most likely will be Evans-Thornton-Salmons-Hickson-Cousins
Originally posted by ninerfan21:
Sounding like Sammy D out, Thornton in. I think the Hickson trade shows the kings trying to prepare for this scenario. Starting 5 most likely will be Evans-Thornton-Salmons-Hickson-Cousins

I'm actually really looking forward to seeing that lineup... with Jimmer coming off of the bench initially. Lets hope we actually get a season.

getting a FA big will make/break our season

I think that lineup will score and rebound well but would have real problems on defense. Neither Hickson nor Cousins are good post defenders. I'm in favor of re-signing Dalembert as he fills a key role, but if not we'll need to find someone who does similar things. If Whiteside is ready to contribute that would work, but if not something will have to be done to address the interior defense.
Damn lockout. BUMP.
Originally posted by sfgip10:
Damn lockout. BUMP.
New Alternative Retro Black Jersey

At the 11:33 mark..

#
Are they bringing them back?
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home