There are 181 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**OFFICIAL Sacramento Kings 2010-2011 Season Thread**

Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by FreddyG:
guys lets be real about the Jimmer pick. they picked him because most of the people that go to games are white. Sac is about to loose thier team so they needed to draft the guy that can selll the most tickets. Jimmer is not bad but i see him as a guy coming off the bench scoring like 10-15 pts per game.

oh i forgot they drafted a 6' white boy, with no D, to be a star........if you dont think it was a PR move to sell tickets then you really need to wake up!!!!!
Originally posted by ninerfan21:
guys lets be real about the Jimmer pick. they picked him because most of the people that go to games are white. Sac is about to loose thier team so they needed to draft the guy that can selll the most tickets. Jimmer is not bad but i see him as a guy coming off the bench scoring like 10-15 pts per game.

We got him to be the guy coming off the bench to keep teams honest from deep. Need more consistant 3 pt shooters. That's why we got him.

you really believe that? and you dont think it had to do with Sac getting ready to loose their team and they needed to sale more tickets.

oh i forgot they drafted a 6' white boy, with no D, to be a star........if you dont think it was a PR move to sell tickets then you really need to wake up!!!!!

Him being white had NOTHING to do with him being drafted. Dont try to assume that the Maloofs and Kings fans are racist and would buy less tickets if they drafted a 6' black boy with no D to be a star.
Jimmer is a rock star and has all the tools to be a star in the NBA.

Him being white had NOTHING to do with him being drafted. Dont try to assume that the Maloofs and Kings fans are racist and would buy less tickets if they drafted a 6' black boy with no D to be a star.

HAHAHA tell me the last american born white guy that was 6' that became a star....oh wait there has never been one...EVER(or in the last 25 yrs atleast). Why are you acting like this wasnt a PR move? Do you really think he was drafted to be a star and not to sell tickets? get a clue man

HAHAHA tell me the last american born white guy that was 6' that became a star....oh wait there has never been one...EVER(or in the last 25 yrs atleast). Why are you acting like this wasnt a PR move? Do you really think he was drafted to be a star and not to sell tickets? get a clue man

It can be both you know? Of course Jimmer will sell tickets. He was the BEST player in all college basketball last year.
He's also 6'2" so he's bigger than other american born white guys like John Stockton and Mark Price. Who were both all stars. He's also only an inch shorter than Steve Nash and the same size as Mike Bibby.
You seem like a very bitter person. Jimmer was a good pick. Get a clue man.

It can be both you know? Of course Jimmer will sell tickets. He was the BEST player in all college basketball last year.
He's also 6'2" so he's bigger than other american born white guys like John Stockton and Mark Price. Who were both all stars. He's also only an inch shorter than Steve Nash and the same size as Mike Bibby.

im not bitter. i thought he was listed a 6'3 so he is really 5'11...great. you know the shoes give you 2in. and they always give a guy an extra inch. i hope to god they put him in at PG when they play the bulls so Rose can rape him all kinds of nasty ways. Believe me I hope Jimmer can come in and dominate for us white guys but I really dont think he will be able to at this level. Do you think this was to sell tickets or because he is that good? I forgot about those two but are you comparing him to Price or Stockton? Price was a way better shooter and Stockton was a way way better player.
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
Originally posted by ninerfan21:
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
anyof you guys think maybe Donte or Casspi will be traded now with the additions of Salmons and Honeycut at 3?

I think we definitely have to entertain the idea. IMO Casspi has more trade value but the Kings believe he has the higher upside and might not want to trade him. However, I think he'll be a much easier piece to move and would be able to bring a lot more back in return.

Casspi has talked about wanting to play for a larger market and with the acquisition of Salmons(who Westphal insisted on trading for) and the drafting of Honeycut, it doesn't make sense to keep him(and/or Greene) around. Especially with Garcia in the fold for playing time at the 3 as well. I think Garcia is another candidate to moved as well.

I think a trade for a veteran PG or depth at the 4/5 is definitely high on the Kings priorities right now.

I don't think we are looking at picking up another guard. Evans, Thornton, and Jimmer are going to be the main 3 guard rotation. Don't think a veteran would want to be the 4th guard (who will see plenty of games without getting off the bench). Main thing, situate logjam at 3 and add some depth down low, especially if we can't resign Dalemberte

I only mention a PG because supposedly we're interested in Aaron Brooks. Doesn't make much sense to me but that's what I've been reading about. IMO it's probably just a reporter talking usual BS in regards to rumors because we've had interest in Brooks in the past. Either way, I agree with you. We'll already have plenty of minutes used up in the backcourt with Evans, Fredette, Thornton as well as Garcia and Salmons possibly playing minutes there as well on occasion. Hopefully the rookie Thomas can take Pooh Jeters' roster spot as a guy we can develop in the backcourt.

Dalembert is a must sign. I really liked what I saw from the 3 man rotation of Cousins, Dally and Thompson last year. I don't think Whiteside is ready to contribute much right now so some depth is definitely needed. We have way too many SF's right now and I expect Casspi and/or Greene to be traded this offseason.

100% agree with everything you just said

im not bitter. i thought he was listed a 6'3 so he is really 5'11...great. you know the shoes give you 2in. and they always give a guy an extra inch. i hope to god they put him in at PG when they play the bulls so Rose can rape him all kinds of nasty ways. Believe me I hope Jimmer can come in and dominate for us white guys but I really dont think he will be able to at this level. Do you think this was to sell tickets or because he is that good? I forgot about those two but are you comparing him to Price or Stockton? Price was a way better shooter and Stockton was a way way better player.

Please tell me youre kidding about the height thing. He measured 6'2" at the combine and Im pretty sure they measure without shoes.
Also you asked about 6' white guys who became stars and I named some. I wasnt comparing him to how Stockton and Price turned out but I doubt everybody thought that Stockton would turn out to be the best PG to ever play. And I definitely wouldn't say Price was a way better shooter.
I think that the Maloofs wanted him all along because like I said, people want to see him play. But I dont think they would have drafted him if they thought he wouldn't turn out to be a very good player.

Please tell me youre kidding about the height thing. He measured 6'2" at the combine and Im pretty sure they measure without shoes.
Also you asked about 6' white guys who became stars and I named some. I wasnt comparing him to how Stockton and Price turned out but I doubt everybody thought that Stockton would turn out to be the best PG to ever play. And I definitely wouldn't say Price was a way better shooter.
I think that the Maloofs wanted him all along because like I said, people want to see him play. But I dont think they would have drafted him if they thought he wouldn't turn out to be a very good player.

is he a bigger draw because he is white or because he is good?

Definitely because he's good. Hes an exciting player that can score from anywhere on the court. He was the player of the year and averaged almost 30 points a game. Race has nothing to do with how much he is liked. I think there's as many black kings fans at arco as there are white kings fans.
You aint messin with the jimmer.

Definitely because he's good. Hes an exciting player that can score from anywhere on the court. He was the player of the year and averaged almost 30 points a game. Race has nothing to do with how much he is liked. I think there's as many black kings fans at arco as there are white kings fans.

you really didnt just say that...it has everything to do with why he is liked. lets just agree to disagree

He measured 6'.75" without shoes and 6,2'.5 with shoes. Physically he measured right with the other top point guards in the draft. Better in some areas, worse in others but overall right in the middle. In one sentence you claim to hope "Rose can rape him all kinds of nasty" then in the next sentence hope he dominates. I'd say that's just a little contradictory. Simply put, you're making a huge leap of logic in the assumption that he was drafted simply because he is white. You have nothing but circumstance to support the accusation.

While its true that Mark Price had better percentages (except for FT%) while at GA Tech, he also had much better help. John Salley was a good NBA player, not to mention Craig Neal and Yvon Joseph who were both good college players who later got drafted into the NBA. Point is that Jimmer had no where near the help that Price did and still put up very good percentages. I don't know how good Jimmer will be in the NBA, but he earned his draft status with his play not his skin color.
I guess this has nothing to do with Jimmer getting signed. It's cause he's white, in a weak draft class. No way he should've went 10th...

ENIOR - (2010-2011):
-Nations leading scorer (28.9 points per game) and was 3rd in threes per game, 31st in three-point percentage and 14th in free throw percentage
-2011 National Player of the Year (Naismith, Wooden, AP, Oscar Robertson, NABC, Adolph Rupp, Sporting News, Basketball Times, CBSSports.com, SI.com)
-2011 Lowes Senior CLASS Award
-2011 first-team All-American (John R. Wooden Award, AP, Spo... (More)

JUNIOR - (2009-2010):
-Earned five All-America honors (Basketball Times Second Team, NABC State Farm Coaches' Division I Third Team, Lute Olson, AP Honorable Mention, Sporting News Third Team)
-Named to All-MWC First Team, MWC All-Tournament and received All-District honors from the USBWA and NABC
-Named USBWA District VIII Player of the Year
-Named a first-team High Major All-American by Collegehoops.n... (More)

SOPHOMORE - (2008-2009):
-Named first-team All-MWC and to MWC All-Tournament Team
-Named a CollegeHoops.net High-Major All-America Honorable Mention and to USBWA All-District Team
-Received the Male Crowd Pleaser Award at the Y Awards
-Received team Most Improved Player award
-Was second on the team in scoring (16.2), three-point shooting percentage (.382), three-point makes (52) and free throw percen... (More)

FRESHMAN - (2007-2008):
-Averaged 18.5 minutes, 7.0 points, 1.7 assists and 1.1 rebounds per game
-Posted season highs of 19 points, 6 assists, 5 rebounds and 34 minutes
-Led BYU in scoring twice, assists twice and rebounds once while posting 12 double-figure scoring games
-Led BYU with 17 points on 5-for-8 shooting at UNLV in the MWC Tournament Championship game
-Scored 14 points, hitting two threes,... (More)

http://www.byucougars.com/Profile.jsp?ID=3062

Some of your ignorance is bliss.
Yo FreddyG why don't you just knock it off.