There are 226 users in the forums

**OFFICIAL Sacramento Kings 2010-2011 Season Thread**

Originally posted by SacRock14:
We still have DeMarcus Cousins and Carl Landry in the lineup with Jason Thompson and Darnell Jackson (who has shown well in training camp) on the bench. Plus Donte can play some minutes at the 4. No urgency to add another big.

And in that list of bigs, I'll take Brian Skinner and Sean May in heartbeat over Melvin Ely and Hilton Armstrong.

really i havent been watching the preseaon is Jackson doing well?
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
We still have DeMarcus Cousins and Carl Landry in the lineup with Jason Thompson and Darnell Jackson (who has shown well in training camp) on the bench. Plus Donte can play some minutes at the 4. No urgency to add another big.

And in that list of bigs, I'll take Brian Skinner and Sean May in heartbeat over Melvin Ely and Hilton Armstrong.

really i havent been watching the preseaon is Jackson doing well?

He's missed some games with an injury but in practice the word is he's been playing hard to earn a roster spot. I'm not that high on him, but he's a bruiser who would be a decent fill in for a few weeks.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Here's the game right now btw..

http://zonein.tv/22951
Originally posted by Muggins879:

Sweet I've been watching the game on ATDHE right now. So far we look ok but way too many turnovers. If DMC could stay out of foul trouble that'd help a lot.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Sweet I've been watching the game on ATDHE right now. So far we look ok but way too many turnovers. If DMC could stay out of foul trouble that'd help a lot.

Kings and Tyreke looked much better in the 2nd qtr. Def wish DMC could lay off the ticky tack fouls. I'd like to see this dude play! Overall enjoyable first half. I liked Jeter the Jet.

Kings and Tyreke looked much better in the 2nd qtr. Def wish DMC could lay off the ticky tack fouls. I'd like to see this dude play! Overall enjoyable first half. I liked Jeter the Jet.

Close loss but we played pretty good for the most part. The lakers are a great team even though its just preseason and Kobe didnt play much, but some of our guys were injured like Beno and Cisco and didn't play much either(JT for some reason?). I'm pretty happy with the development of this young team.

Nice, watched it on ATDHE also. Agree with the Cousins comment. He's going to be like Tyreke in that we'll have to remember he's a rookie. He's gonna be a good one, but there will be some bumps. Excited about him.

Other thoughts...
-Luther Head should make this team. I've always liked him and he even looked more comfortable running the point than I remember.
-Reke just couldn't get a shot to drop.
-JT looks good. An ideal 3rd big man IMO. Still saw some complaining to the refs though -- enough already.

Will be fun to watch when the regulars come together.

Nice, watched it on ATDHE also. Agree with the Cousins comment. He's going to be like Tyreke in that we'll have to remember he's a rookie. He's gonna be a good one, but there will be some bumps. Excited about him.

Other thoughts...
-Luther Head should make this team. I've always liked him and he even looked more comfortable running the point than I remember.
-Reke just couldn't get a shot to drop.
-JT looks good. An ideal 3rd big man IMO. Still saw some complaining to the refs though -- enough already.

Will be fun to watch when the regulars come together.

I actually like the JT/Cousins frontline better than the Landry/Cousins one. FOr me JT does the dirty work, gets boards, gives us extra size, and has a nice jumper. With Landry in there I feel like he gets more shots and we could run the offense through Cousins or Reke should be attacking, and he's small and doesn't board much. I like him better as a 6th man.
I think our bigs' versatility makes them all formidable duos. JT, Cousins and Landry can all play inside/outside.

It'll be interesting if we play all three at the same time. Not for long periods, just for stretches. Landry won't have a huge size advantage over other SF's but he can still dominate them in the post because he's so skilled. Against certain teams we could get away with it and create mismatches.
I think our bigs' versatility makes them all formidable duos. JT, Cousins and Landry can all play inside/outside.

It'll be interesting if we play all three at the same time. Not for long periods, just for stretches. Landry won't have a huge size advantage over other SF's but he can still dominate them in the post because he's so skilled. Against certain teams we could get away with it and create mismatches.

I'm actually not so against Landry as a 3 at times now. I really didn't see much from Casspi or Greene to be confident in either one of them. I was a little dissapointed.

The ESPN 30 for 30 special with Vlade Divac was real good if anyone wants to find video of it or tivo any replay. Had nothing really to do with his time with the kings but great segment
hey hasnt bill walton been doing the games?
Season starts Wednesday, let's surprise a lot of experts.
Looking forward to this season. Not expecting playoffs but there is some undeniable young talent on this team and I'm intrigued to see how they all gel together this year. Hopefully Tyreke can continue to grow as a player and a team leader and Cousins will prove to us why we were so ecstatic when he fell to us in the draft. Should be a fun season.

I'm overseas so I wont be able to watch many games this year but I'll find ways to keep track of this team. Also looking forward to some good discussions with you guys throughout the season and picking your brains on your thoughts about the team since I obviously wont have a chance to watch them play very often. I live in a little German town, so my internet connection is absolutely horrible so watching games on the internet isn't an option.

Go Kings!!
Dalembert being out for the first few weeks of the season is going to hurt the defense a lot imo. If Whiteside surprises and is ready to get some minutes early it would really help, but Cousins/Landry/Thompson aren't scaring anyone on the defensive end. They should rebound and score well though and won't get out muscled much.
Share 49ersWebzone