There are 106 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**OFFICIAL Sacramento Kings 2010-2011 Season Thread**

Originally posted by Snider8706:
cousins and evans are going to tear some s**t up this year!!!!!

do you guys think that Marcus Landry will make the final 15?
It's a great time to be a fan. I'm very excited for the season.

I think playoff contention is still a year away, but I never like to rule my teams out before the season even starts. Last year, we surprised everyone with our .500 start through a couple months. I don't know if we can maintain that for a whole season but 35 wins could be achievable.

The key to me is gonna be finding that third option on offense. Obviously, Tyreke is #1, and I'm comfortable with Carl Landry as our #2 down low. I think one of our wings (Donte, Omri, Cisco) or Beno has got to step up consistently.

Defensively, the additions we've made will help us tremendously. We were out-muscled a lot last season, but now we can throw out Dalembert, Landry with Thompson, Cousins, Whiteside as reserves. That's a lot of size.

It's gonna be fun to watch these guys grow. Lots of talent to be excited about.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
do you guys think that Marcus Landry will make the final 15?

It looks like they like him. I think we keep a max of 14 guys, and 12 have guaranteed deals -- including Antoine Wright.

I think M.Landry and Luther Head have the best shot of the non-guaranteed guys. I think Head is a better fit, but you never know.

Landry could be a nice guy to stash, if management is willing.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
It's a great time to be a fan. I'm very excited for the season.

I think playoff contention is still a year away, but I never like to rule my teams out before the season even starts. Last year, we surprised everyone with our .500 start through a couple months. I don't know if we can maintain that for a whole season but 35 wins could be achievable.

The key to me is gonna be finding that third option on offense. Obviously, Tyreke is #1, and I'm comfortable with Carl Landry as our #2 down low. I think one of our wings (Donte, Omri, Cisco) or Beno has got to step up consistently.

Defensively, the additions we've made will help us tremendously. We were out-muscled a lot last season, but now we can throw out Dalembert, Landry with Thompson, Cousins, Whiteside as reserves. That's a lot of size.

It's gonna be fun to watch these guys grow. Lots of talent to be excited about.

Excellent analysis.

The thing about this Kings squad is that their talent compliments each other a lot better than it has in recent years. Landry gives you a scoring presence down low, but he has defensive/rebounding deficiencies that need to be covered. Dalembert/Cousins is a HUGE, HUGE upgrade over Hawes & Co. in this respect. Evans, Greene, & Casspi showed potential as perimeter defenders as well.
when does the regular season start?
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
when does the regular season start?

Wednesday October 27th.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
It's a great time to be a fan. I'm very excited for the season.

I think playoff contention is still a year away, but I never like to rule my teams out before the season even starts. Last year, we surprised everyone with our .500 start through a couple months. I don't know if we can maintain that for a whole season but 35 wins could be achievable.

The key to me is gonna be finding that third option on offense. Obviously, Tyreke is #1, and I'm comfortable with Carl Landry as our #2 down low. I think one of our wings (Donte, Omri, Cisco) or Beno has got to step up consistently.

Defensively, the additions we've made will help us tremendously. We were out-muscled a lot last season, but now we can throw out Dalembert, Landry with Thompson, Cousins, Whiteside as reserves. That's a lot of size.

It's gonna be fun to watch these guys grow. Lots of talent to be excited about.

The wings are the biggest question to me, but I wasn't thinking playoffs this year so I'm not terribly concerned. I'm wondering if we have the shooters to go with Tyreke and the post scorers (Landry, Cousins, maybe Thompson). Cisco is a decent shooter so I think he helps, the rest are kinda streaky so I'm looking forward to seeing how they develop.

I've never been happier with our big situation than this year. Don't feel like we need to add anything, just wait and see how guys develop. Might have to be worry next year since Daly and Landry are both FAs, but I'll leave that until next year.
Originally posted by rigs49:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
when does the regular season start?

Wednesday October 27th.

cool we will crush the t-wolves
Dalembert out 4-6 weeks.

Whiteside hasn't even played and there is no timetable set for his return yet.

Is this Lakers Kings game going to be televised in any way tonight?
At least your team is now just slightly less annoying since you got rid of Spencer Hawes.

Hopefully, that whiner Omri Casspi is next. Can't stand that guy.
Originally posted by Muggins879:
Dalembert out 4-6 weeks.

Whiteside hasn't even played and there is no timetable set for his return yet.

Is this Lakers Kings game going to be televised in any way tonight?

I know it's on LA local TV (KCAL)....so I'm hoping someone puts up a stream at justin.tv or veetle.
Originally posted by Muggins879:
Dalembert out 4-6 weeks.

Whiteside hasn't even played and there is no timetable set for his return yet.

Is this Lakers Kings game going to be televised in any way tonight?

well at least we dont have Brian Skinner

maybe we bring back Melvin ELy???

I liked how he played

ELY > Mays
actually i miss Hilton Armstrong
We still have DeMarcus Cousins and Carl Landry in the lineup with Jason Thompson and Darnell Jackson (who has shown well in training camp) on the bench. Plus Donte can play some minutes at the 4. No urgency to add another big.

And in that list of bigs, I'll take Brian Skinner and Sean May in heartbeat over Melvin Ely and Hilton Armstrong.