There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***General NBA Discussion Thread***

I wonder what Kareem would have done in this era.

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by crzy:
I never understood why people complain about athletes making millions of dollars to play a sport.

They get paid relative to the amount of money that their sport is generating.

It's the players that people pay to see, that's why they're getting paid so much. Sheesh.

I think the last line of that was the punch line, and I think they agree with you, as do I.

You're talking about the very, very best in their industry. I would imagine that the top 300 retail insurance agents in the world make as much as players in the NBA. You can say that for a lot of industries.

Correct, they were just trying to say for the amount of b***hing that goes on for athletes getting paid so much, there isnt nearly as much b***hing for the leaders of other industries who are rackin in MUCH much more
Rajon & Nate f**kin with Shaq...again...
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GameOver:

I swear Nate Robinson and Kevin Hart are the same person
Cant wait for some basketball
  • dman
  • Veteran

He might be considered the GOAT if he played in this era judging by who is competition would be and the rise in publicity.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Kareem would seriously annihilate the current big men in the league.
As I've stated many times, I feel that Kareem is indeed the GOAT. I understand many don't share this belief, but to me, he was unstoppable.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
As I've stated many times, I feel that Kareem is indeed the GOAT. I understand many don't share this belief, but to me, he was unstoppable.

Never watched either

but what were the matchups between him and The Dream like?

One-Sided? Even?

even though KAJ was winding down his career
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Oct 5, 2010 at 9:54 PM ]
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by GameOver:

I swear Nate Robinson and Kevin Hart are the same person

all fun and games...until someone tears an acl.
Originally posted by dman:

He might be considered the GOAT if he played in this era judging by who is competition would be and the rise in publicity.

I actually wonder about that. I think that high scoring center play has largely been legislated out of the game with soft zone defenses. I think that post players have a harder time getting the ball in the first place. Even a guy like Gasol has never been a 20ppg guy, and it's not because of a lack of skill.

I may be wrong, just thinking out loud here.
Dude.... WTF!

Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Dude.... WTF!

oh man, My wifes grandma picks up our mail from us since she lives across the street from the post office. I wanna see the look on her face when she see that staring right back at her
Did they photoshop it out?
Yao looked EXTREMELY slow last night vs. Orlando.