There are 44 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***General NBA Discussion Thread***

these nba players are pissing me off, the nba is going to fall below the nhl after this.
These players already have the best deal of all major professional sports in this country and want more. The owners need to give them a horrible deal now and show them who is boss.
NBAPA proving stereotypes right once again. yeah i just went there
there goes the season
Horrible news... I don't know if the deal is completely fair, but I just want to see NBA basketball!!!!

I do disagree with Stern's public ultimatum. I think it became kind of a "pride" thing with the players after the ultimatum. Stern did not have to do that publicly. The player's outlook after this was kind of "F you, we aren't going to cower to you." I think they felt disrespected and this drove the sides further apart. Idiotic move by Stern who has too much pride.
"Now, the only thing that remains unresolved is the resolution of the problem."

- Thomas Wells, Ontario legislature minister
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
I think this just happens to be an NBA generation of players not used to being told no.
So the players are basically saying it is not our problem that the owners were too generous on the last CBA and that the owners make plenty of money through TV deals and stuff, enough that they really aren't losing money?
league will never be the same
  • Amir
  • Veteran
The Cards have a better shot at beating us next week then the lockout does at getting lifted
LOL at everyone blaming the players.
Originally posted by Joecool:
So the players are basically saying it is not our problem that the owners were too generous on the last CBA and that the owners make plenty of money through TV deals and stuff, enough that they really aren't losing money?

Record breaking revenues last year and the year before, and yet the owners still want the players to make massive cutbacks. Ridiculous.

I hope the players win the triple damages on this. The league didn't negotiate in good faith whatsoever.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Nov 14, 2011 at 1:12 PM ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by Joecool:

Record breaking revenues last year and the year before, and yet the owners still want the players to make massive cutbacks. Ridiculous.

I hope the players win the triple damages on this. The league didn't negotiate in good faith whatsoever.

yeah they just keep making the same s**tty offer over and over again, and they arent being too reasonable. Players already agreed to a lot of concessions.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
I consider Etan Thomas highly intelligent, but did he seriously compare the NBA players' plight to the occupy wall street movement. SMH

Etan Thomas is one of the reasons why the entire system is broken and nobody feels sorry for the players. Because scrubs like him should not be making what they're making.

-If your boss came to you and said, "Listen, I know we are coming off of record overall profits as far as overall revenue and the most lucrative year in history but we have made some individual decisions that we are not happy with and we need you to take massive pay cuts. We need you to agree to construct the rules so that we can no longer make those mistakes, and we want you to make it easier for us to get rid of you if we choose." What would your reaction be? Would you say "Some money is better than no money," or would you gather the rest of your fellow employees and stand up for yourselves?

This is funny to me. What exactly have YOU, Etan Thomas done to generate the lucrative year of interest that the NBA has enjoyed in the past year. How many people come to watch Etan Thomas play. How many people even know who Etan Thomas is.

You have absolutely no reason to feel slighted Etan. Because you don't deserve the tens of millions you've made in a flawed NBA system.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
If Derrick Rose or Lebron James wrote an op-ed piece claiming that the owners were slighting them then I would be entirely in their favor.

Those are guys who legitimately are responsible for the "lucrative" year the NBA had.

Etan Thomas...GTFO