LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 164 users in the forums

***General NBA Discussion Thread***

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by crzy:
^^ kinda shows you how important being in perfect top shape physically matters when you're playing at that high a level.

I mean, Deron wasn't obese or anything, but he was clearly packing on a few and he just looked absolutely awful...just garbage. And now he's back to being one of the best point guards in the world.

It also looks like in that clip that his coach gave him the green light lol

When he played for the Jazz he was always one, if not "the" best P.G. in the league. It wasn't until around early December and all this talk about him being the best P.G. in the league seemed to get to his head. He just walked around with a new arrogance and started playing horrible. The guy walked around like he was the greatest thing to ever happen to the world, and started complaining and crying over little things. Suddenly he was too good for the Jazz and Coach Sloan. Why do you think Jerry Sloan quite on this team? Because the Jazz thought they'd rather have a spoiled D. Will than a HOF coach.

Used to love D. Will, but towards the end of his tenure here in Utah, he changed. I think his new found arrogance was just too much, and that led to not only him playing worse, but the whole team falling apart.

Yeah Deron has not had a good year. I wonder where his career goes from here.

There's a lot of people claiming that Sloan's system made Deron look better than he actually was. Bringing up guys like Carlos Arroyo as an example.
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by GameOver:
Originally posted by susweel:
am I the only one not caring about the NBA right now.

Read the last couple pages. Every single post is about people saying they dont care

The ONLY reason we don't care is because our 49ers are doing well...if we were having another ho-hum season, we'd all (myself included) be DYING for some NBA action...even then, what am I going to do come February?

I agree. I was gonna say this too

I honestly wouldn't care. I'm a Warriors fan. We can afford to wait it out..

Our time will come. Joe Lacob FTW.

I can't help but think of Coach Sing when Mark Jackson talks.. though I'm still on the wagon
Although we've been down this road before, I'll take whatever positive news I can get. From Steve Aschburner from nba.com....

Source invlvd w/ NBA talks told TNT's David Aldridge there's "genuine desire" to get a deal tonight. Two sides are "engaged," if not closer.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Nov 25, 2011 at 8:15 PM ]
"WojYahooNBA: The NBA and players have reached an agreement on a deal, source says. The season will start on Dec. 25."
--http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/140343624683618304
^^ kinda shows you how important being in perfect top shape physically matters when you're playing at that high a level.

I mean, Deron wasn't obese or anything, but he was clearly packing on a few and he just looked absolutely awful...just garbage. And now he's back to being one of the best point guards in the world.

It also looks like in that clip that his coach gave him the green light lol

those other players looked like garbage, that could be a reason also.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7281052/nba-owners-players-get-tentative-deal
66 game season to start on christmas

I can't believe the Warriors are tied for 1st this late into November!!!!!!!!!!
[ Edited by schmons on Nov 26, 2011 at 1:12 AM ]
Ricky Rubio time motherf**kers
awesome, kings basketball is back. It's Jimmer time
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by GameOver:
Originally posted by susweel:
am I the only one not caring about the NBA right now.

Read the last couple pages. Every single post is about people saying they dont care

The ONLY reason we don't care is because our 49ers are doing well...if we were having another ho-hum season, we'd all (myself included) be DYING for some NBA action...even then, what am I going to do come February?

I agree. I was gonna say this too

I honestly wouldn't care. I'm a Warriors fan. We can afford to wait it out..

Our time will come. Joe Lacob FTW.

We suck again!
nba is back!

Huzzah!
F both these sides. What were they fighting about all this time? Like 1%?...
Basketball? Pah!
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
F both these sides. What were they fighting about all this time? Like 1%?...

The system issues where a much bigger source of contention than the money was.
Share 49ersWebzone