There are 264 users in the forums

***General NBA Discussion Thread***

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
John Wall looks awesome. He's like Derrick Rose with a high b-ball IQ.

Blake Griffin's been looking really good too.

Pity he plays for the Clippers and is doomed to have yet another season ending injury coming up soon.
I hate unreasonable nostalgia. Total pet peeve of mine. Along the lines of MJ's ridiculous comments, this is what Wilt had to say about what he'd do if he played in Jordan's era.

Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Pity he plays for the Clippers and is doomed to have yet another season ending injury coming up soon.

I wanna make a shirt that says "Clippers Fans Go Down With The Ship" and maybe have a picture of Frankie Muniz in Clipper gear looking all sad.

Amp? Where's Amp?
lolz

Quote:

Lebron: I know ya wanna be on the team but.....we don`t need ya!!!! Heard Kobe could use a ballboy.

CP: Say D, you gonna let `em talk to me like dat? I thought we was boys?

DWade: Nothing I can say little man. Wish i could help ya but I`m trying to get rings b*@ch!!!!

Quote:

Lebron: wtf CP..Knicks?!?!?!?!
Wade: "Tell me you ain't serious!"
Paul: Yep. Mello 'bout to join me..Our Big 3 gonna be a problem!

Quote:

Paul: Can I come too?? Im dying out here in new orleans, they dont even like basketball here....

Wade: I don't know, what you think Bron?

Bron: This homie can't be serious!!

[ Edited by EndAround81 on Oct 15, 2010 at 13:23:34 ]
Wade: Hmmm...this probably could have gone in the NBA General Discussion thread.

LeBron & CP3: IB4TL!
Regarding Evan Turner, this is from Bill Simmons' article...

Quote:
I thought Evan Turner would be a good pro. Not great … but good. I never thought he would be a bust. But when you talk to NBA people, they keep lobbing red flags in the air about him. Bad body language, a step slow, doesn't really have a position, bad fit with Iguodala, Doug Collins already hates him. … I taped Tuesday's Celts-Sixers game, zoomed through it and was taken aback. That's Evan Turner? The kid I watched on Ohio State last year? He seemed like an Adam Morrison-esque mess. Now I need to see him in person for an official verdict. Either way, Cousins will haunt the Sixers this season. That's a lock.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Wade: Hmmm...this probably could have gone in the NBA General Discussion thread.

LeBron & CP3: IB4TL!
http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/Love_Drops_32_Wolves_Win_Again_2010_10_17.html
Originally posted by valrod33:
http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/Love_Drops_32_Wolves_Win_Again_2010_10_17.html

Man. Love dropped 32 on the Bucks in a preseason game? That's ballin', son. You guys are going places.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Man. Love dropped 32 on the Bucks in a preseason game? That's ballin', son. You guys are going places.

WORD, just give us the rings now. no need to play the season out

Originally posted by StOnEy333:

WORD, just give us the rings now. no need to play the season out

This happened on Saturday. f**kin sick!

• jrg
  • Veteran
In today's NBA there are many talented players and teams with potential. What is the difference between a good team and a great team? In many cases the difference is the coach. Many NBA players can be difficult to coach because of their ego, and this is no easy job at all. It is only for those who can bring out the best in every individual on the team, while at the same time getting them to play together as one. Who are the top coaches in the NBA today? There are definitely some tough cuts when putting together a list of just five individuals, but that's the way it goes! Here are your top five coaches in the NBA today.

5. Stan Van Gundy - Orlando Magic: There are probably going to be quite a few people who don't like this ranking. Van Gundy is as plain-spoken as they come in this business, which can ruffle some feathers. Stan hasn't won a championship, but you could argue he should have one if it weren't for Pat Riley stealing his thunder in Miami. The Magic play well together as a team and continuously outperform expectations. I fully believe Stan Van Gundy has a lot to do with that!

4. Rick Adelman - Houston Rockets: Adelman is an underrated coach who simply knows how to help a team win. In his 18 years as a head coach his team has had a losing season just twice! Adelman is a master at adapting his schemes to fit the players on his roster. The Rockets are a much different team when Yao is out of the lineup, and his philosophy helps this team be successful even when they are without their superstar.

3. Jerry Sloan - Utah Jazz: The Utah Jazz are good every single year. The Jazz probably have the best offensive scheme in the NBA, and that is definitely thanks to Jerry Sloan. Sloan requires a lot from his players, but he is very fair as well. In his 23 years as a head coach in the NBA, he has seen the game change numerous times. Sloan missed out on some NBA titles in the 1990s because Michael Jordan simply carried the Bulls to NBA Finals wins, but don't doubt how good of a coach he is.

2. Gregg Popovich - San Antonio Spurs: The Spurs have won 50 plus games for eleven straight years now. Popovich has won four titles with the Spurs, and he is highly respected by everyone in the game. Popovich is well-known for being terrific at developing stars and fostering an environment where players with raw talent become stars in a short period of time. Anyone that can win 50 plus games eleven straight times and win four NBA titles deserves a spot very high on the list.

1. Phil Jackson - Los Angeles Lakers: Jackson has won more NBA Championships than anyone now. Jackson has definitely had superstars on his team in numerous occasions, but give him credit for getting those stars to play as part of the team. Jackson has a winning percentage of over 70% in 1,560 games on the sidelines. Jackson is patient with his players and he commands their respect at all times. Phil Jackson is a winner, which makes him number one in my book.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ac-6958676
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:

This happened on Saturday. f**kin sick!

Holy crap, I hadn't seen that one.

My only question about Griffin was whether or not he'd be able to regain his freakish athleticism. That pretty much settles that.

He and John Wall are gonna have a great competition for the ROY.

Share 49ersWebzone