LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

2010-11 Back-to-Back NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I like the way the benched looked out there, today. I'm thinking that the disappearing leads we're used to when the starters take a break might be few and far between.

Hopefully, that is.

Gotta love that toughness!
Originally posted by jrg:
I like the way the benched looked out there, today. I'm thinking that the disappearing leads we're used to when the starters take a break might be few and far between.

Hopefully, that is.

Gotta love that toughness!

Especially from our 8th man (^^^)

Hopefully, that is.

Yeah, I was really happy with the new guys.

Blake is our best PG since Van Exel , which says more about how bad our PGs have been than it does about Blake, but I'll take it. It was nice to see some PG skills on the court, he made several clever passes, and more importantly he seems to already understand the triangle offense.

Barnes was solid, but he still needs to learn the triangle a bit. He got called for a couple of charges when he drove instead of taking the jumper that was available. He played well on the defensive end, and the thing that surprised me was his ability in transition. I didn't remember him being as fast as he is. That's a nice change of pace from Artest, who's slow as hell.

Caracter is a big boy that goes after every rebound. He looked a bit like DeJuan Blair out there at times. I think he shot 0-6, but most of those were on tip in attempts. Challenged a couple of shots in the paint too. We haven't had a bruiser/rebounder type in a long time.

Ratliff was the same guy he's been for years. Boards and swats.

Ebanks looked the most lost out of the new guys, IMO. He made a couple of athletic plays, but he has a ways to go in learning the triangle.

But with the exception of Ebanks, they pretty much looked like they knew what they were doing out there. The passing was very crisp and quick. The ball didn't stick with anyone.
***WEBZONE GET TOGETHER ALERT***

jrg just PM'd me about having a WZ get together on Monday, March 3/14...Orlando @ Lakers. Anyone interested? This will be a big game, so the sooner we buy the tickets, the cheaper it'll be.

You guys can crash at my place if need be. I have a good amount of space.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

jrg just PM'd me about having a WZ get together on Monday, March 3/14...Orlando @ Lakers. Anyone interested? This will be a big game, so the sooner we buy the tickets, the cheaper it'll be.

Nice. I'm down as a "tentative."
  • jrg
  • Veteran

James in LA?

/worldends
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

James in LA?

/worldends

Lol whys that?
I like how deep this 10-11 Lakers team is...!!!
3peat!!!!!!

I'm in.

March 14th is the day my spring break starts and I'll be headin back down to SoCal for it so I MAY BE down for this...assuming someones down to buy me drinks (will only be 20 come March)...please? lol
Originally posted by GameOver:

March 14th is the day my spring break starts and I'll be headin back down to SoCal for it so I MAY BE down for this...assuming someones down to buy me drinks (will only be 20 come March)...please? lol

• jrg
  • Veteran

I'm in.

You live in the Bay Area correct? Would you want to just road trip it down there?
Originally posted by GameOver:

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:

I'm in.

You live in the Bay Area correct? Would you want to just road trip it down there?

Stoney and jrg in the car for 6 hours.

Haha, especially talking Magic/Lakers.

Nah, Stoneys cool peeps...we both just get fiesty at times when it comes to Magic/Lakers.
Share 49ersWebzone