There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2011 - 2012 Golden State Warriors Thread.

I've read that the Dubs are gonna keep Biedrins.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Originally posted by crzy:
Hopefully someone else starting the Warriors thread gives us better karma.

Agreed. You have failed miserably as the thread leader.

Yeah... Steimetz or whatever brought up a good point.

Ya he's not worth the contract, but why get rid of big men when we already have a shortage in that department?

Either way, I still hate him
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

Ya he's not worth the contract, but why get rid of big men when we already have a shortage in that department?

To free up salary cap space so you can sign good basketball players.
Supposedly we want Nene, but it doesn't make sense to get him and keep Beans. That would be too much money tied up at center.

wait a ... say what? that makes sense ... but ...

Exactly. I know the Warriors need big men but did Lacob forget how fricking awful Biedrins was last year? Maybe he believes in miracles.
The only thing that I can think of regarding Biedrins is that the Dubs have decided that they don't want to participate in this year's free agent market. Every team now has to spend at least 85% of the salary cap (goes up to 90% next year), so maybe Lacob & Co. figure that Biedrins helps them get to that mark and they can save the amnesty for later.
Originally posted by crzy:
Hey, the last time the Warriors came out of a lockout in 98-99, John Starks and Donyzell Marshall almost led the Warriors to a .500 record.

Shortened season, Dorrell Wright, Curry, and Monta might sneak us into the playoffs.

Let's do this ish.

oh lord
The only thing that I can think of regarding Biedrins is that the Dubs have decided that they don't want to participate in this year's free agent market. Every team now has to spend at least 85% of the salary cap (goes up to 90% next year), so maybe Lacob & Co. figure that Biedrins helps them get to that mark and they can save the amnesty for later.

I have to believe that if Lacob thought the Warriors could get Nene they would let Biedrins walk in a hearbeat. I dont think they have any confidence that they could sign Nene and have little interest in the other big men out there. I'd still cut him though and take my chances in free agency.
come on this is the same management that spent $2 mil to pick up Jeremy Tyler in the draft this past year. I don't think money is gonna be an issue with these 2 owners
  • crzy
  • Veteran

This is 95% likely.

I don't think this team will get anyone in free agency to play center, and sadly they still are forced to trot Biedrins out there.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I have to believe that if Lacob thought the Warriors could get Nene they would let Biedrins walk in a hearbeat. I dont think they have any confidence that they could sign Nene and have little interest in the other big men out there. I'd still cut him though and take my chances in free agency.

Honestly, I think that free agency is generally an overvalued market, and that's how you get yourself into trouble. Nene's a good player, but the simple fact that he'll have several teams bidding for his services virtually guarantees that he'll be overpaid. It's the same thing that happened with David Lee. Is he a good player? Yes. $13M a year kinda good? No.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Lacob is like a kid before Christmas according to Ric Bucher. I don't know if he'll be able to help himself. Nene, DeAndre Jordan, he might overbid for them.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home
Get the Latest News at WarriorsCentral.com