There are 138 users in the forums

2011 - 2012 Golden State Warriors Thread.

Originally posted by bayarealuv:
this made me LOL

RT @backupwaterboy @warriorsworld this is like moving from getting a bj from a guy to a tranny.

tranny is a serious upgrade though
On the bright side....ABC

Anyone But Cohan
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
As much as I hate Cohan right now if this other group DID bid $50 million more its pretty easy to understand why he took that bid. Cohan hasnt done anything to make the Warriors a winner but he has been damn good at lining his pockets.

Totally get this from a business standpoint. From a fan's standpoint though, it's the last straw for me. They had one final chance to give the bay area fans some real hope, knowing that a guy like Ellison would do whatever and pay whatever to field a winner.

Then again, LE couldn't/wouldn't come up with another $50M (which he could probably find in his pocket somewhere) to get the deal done, so maybe even that was false hope.

I really don't blame Ellison. He was probably pissed off at Cohan for continuing to raise the price. This was just the last straw for him. I think the only thing that surprises me was that he lost a bid war.

I think I may have jumped the gun in losing hope with the new owners. At this point, ANYONE would be better than Cohan and we should be glad it wasn't the 24 Hour guy.
Doubt the warriors move anywhere and if they do, expect Ellison to make a new team in San Francisco.
Dammit, it still sucks Ellison didn't buy the team.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ea_thegreat:
Doubt the warriors move anywhere and if they do, expect Ellison to make a new team in San Francisco.

if ellison owns any team im going to immediately jump on that band wagon

for now.. go nash!, er i mean go suns!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Maybe he can buy the kings.
  • Veteran
Didn't Ellison say that he could buy an NBA team and move it to San Francisco? It could happen.
Maybe you should give the new ownership group a chance.

At least it's not a CERTAINTY that they were gonna suck like Cohan did.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jul 15, 2010 at 11:41 AM ]

Originally posted by LA9erFan:

I've been thinking this too.

I think the fact that EVERYONE thought that the Ellison purchase was pretty much a done deal is what makes this sting more than it should. Yes, we should be celebrating the fact that Cohan is gone, but like someone else said, it hurts getting a Lexus when we were expecting a Ferrari.

It's all about familiarity. We all knew that Ellison has been wanting a sports franchise for a while now. It was no secret. So we're all extremely disappointed that a man of his reputation isn't calling the shots. We have no idea of who the new owner is.
Originally posted by Jigga:

It's all about familiarity. We all knew that Ellison has been wanting a sports franchise for a while now. It was no secret. So we're all extremely disappointed that a man of his reputation isn't calling the shots. We have no idea of who the new owner is.

Well said. Ellison is known as a guy who will stop at nothing (and spend whatever) to win (when he wants to win), whereas the new owners are an unknown entity. Sure, they might be an improvement over Cohan (anyone would be), but they don't come with the pop, sizzle and incredibly deep pockets that a guy like Ellison does.

Well said. Ellison is known as a guy who will stop at nothing (and spend whatever) to win (when he wants to win), whereas the new owners are an unknown entity. Sure, they might be an improvement over Cohan (anyone would be), but they don't come with the pop, sizzle and incredibly deep pockets that a guy like Ellison does.

I don't understand why Ellison has that reputation. Lacob's been a minority owner of the Celtics since 2006, and Peter Guber has a pretty hefty pocket book. I think they deserve a chance before you guys bury them.

Chris Cohan just sold the team. This should be a happy day for you guys.

I don't understand why Ellison has that reputation. Lacob's been a minority owner of the Celtics since 2006, and Peter Guber has a pretty hefty pocket book. I think they deserve a chance before you guys bury them.

Chris Cohan just sold the team. This should be a happy day for you guys.

I agree. We have to give this new ownership a chance. As far as deep pockets go I dont think that is as critical in a league with a salary cap as it would be in a sport like baseball. I think Cohan has actually been willing to spend money on the team.

What is more important is how strong of a management team the owners will put in place. I wanted Ellison because he is a winner more than I did because of his great wealth. Cohan was clueless in bringing in great basketball people who could turn the franchise around. Lets hope the new group isnt.
Share 49ersWebzone