There are 167 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2011 - 2012 Golden State Warriors Thread.

• crzy
  • Veteran

[ Edited by crzy on Nov 28, 2011 at 4:34 PM ]
  • crzy
  • Veteran
We're going to make the playoffs. 8th seed here we come.

Power of positive thinking. I watched an inspirational speech a week ago, changed my whole outlook on everything.

Weaker western conference, Utah, Phoenix are worse.

We can do it if we stay healthy.
your optimism scares the bejeezees out of me
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:

I will WILL this team to the playoffs.
Originally posted by crzy:

Power of positive thinking. I watched an inspirational speech a week ago, changed my whole outlook on everything.

• crzy
  • Veteran

Actually the inspirational speech I watched was from the movie Yes Man.

Y-E-S

YES!

Actually the inspirational speech I watched was from the movie Yes Man.

Y-E-S

YES!

OMFG!
  • crzy
  • Veteran
PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will WILL this team to the playoffs.

Damn crzy you seems to be a change man. I remember you cuzzing and massive spamming crazy gif last month when the Warriors drafted on Udoh. Now you have your faith back on this franchise.
Great timing for a new thread. Where's MoneyMarshall at? I'd LOVE to put a wager down with him for the Kings having a shot at the playoffs. Their core is nice with Reke, Cousins, & Casspi, but they're far from ready to bust through the top 8 in the West. They have absolutely zero vet presence on the team.
im right now but hopefully that will change to when the season starts and the warriors look good.
I think Morrow was let go because of three reasons: more minutes for Reggie Williams, giving backup PG duties to CJ, and the health of the Warriors rail-thin frontcourt. Injuries to Udoh, health concerns for Wright and Biedrins. With Bell and Williams being able to play the backup guard positions, they'd probably feel more comfortable giving Morrow's $4m to another big body for the frontcourt. This is probably it for the 2010 season.

PG: Curry, Watson
SG: Ellis, Bell
SF: Wright, Williams, Radmanovic
PF: Lee, Wright, Udoh
C: Biedrins, Gadzuric

Guessing if we bring back CJ at about $3.5 million, we'll be at above the cap around $61-$62 million, still $8 million in wiggle room below the tax level. Still armed with $14 million in expirings for the trade deadline, and the often-never used $2.6M trade exception from the Morrow trade.

2011 season. Not too high on B-Wright right now, but going into next season we have David Lee, Ellis, Biedrins, Curry, Dorrell Wright starting, with Bell coming off the bench. That's $43 or so million without tendering the Q.O. to B-Wright at $4.6 million. Gadzuric and Radmanovic off the books, and $15 million in ample cap space.

2011 FA Free agents worth noting

Carmelo Anthony
Yao
Caron Butler
Tony Parker
David West
Tim Duncan
Jason Richardson
Tyson Chandler
Shane Battier
Michael Redd
Peja Stojakovic
Kelenna Azubuike
Joel Przybilla
Carl Landry
Andrei Kirilenko

Restricted FA
Joakim Noah
Marc Gasol

Not too bad of a shape at all. I think overall a nice crop of vets to mix in with our youth.
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Great timing for a new thread. Where's MoneyMarshall at? I'd LOVE to put a wager down with him for the Kings having a shot at the playoffs. Their core is nice with Reke, Cousins, & Casspi, but they're far from ready to bust through the top 8 in the West. They have absolutely zero vet presence on the team.

I'd be surprised if either of us gets that 8th seed, although I like both our teams' confidence right now.

But who is the Warriors vet presence? If you count D.Lee, Ellis and Biedrins, I'm gonna count Garcia, Udrih and Dalembert
Won't Turiaf be a free agent too?

I say we bring him back for the 2011 season
Get the Latest News at WarriorsCentral.com