Manu Ginobli
Dirk Nowitzki
Pau Gasol
Yao Ming
give me a full roster and I might give you an answer
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I really wish the All-Star game wou ld have this format
That world team would win. But why not assemble a real usa team with players at all positions (you know maybe a PG and PF would be useful). Kobe, Wade, LeBron, Durant all pretty much play the same position.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9erReign:
That world team would win. But why not assemble a real usa team with players at all positions (you know maybe a PG and PF would be useful). Kobe, Wade, LeBron, Durant all pretty much play the same position.

Replace Durant with Chris Paul
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by 9erReign:

Replace Durant with Chris Paul

Still think the length of Dirk, Pau, and Yao would give you fits if you are trying to play LBJ at PF. And still trying to have Kobe/Wade defend Dirk.

CP3
Kobe
LeBron
Bosh
Howard

Seems like a better lineup to me.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Dirk can be shut down by an athletic 3. He's a perimeter player. Put Lebron on Dirk and he will disappear.

Pau will be a hassle, but put Dwight Howard on him.

Yao is finished. He will retire in a couple years.

[ Edited by crzy on Jun 30, 2010 at 11:40:14 ]
If those two teams played 100 games, I think the USA would win 90 of them. The footspeed difference is staggering. And as crzy pointed out, Dirk struggles offensively against smaller, athletic players.

That's essentially our Team USA lineup, and the idea of Dirk, Pau, & Yao chasing Durant, LeBron, & D12 around isn't pretty. Think '04 Pistons vs. '04 Lakers times 10. Plus, Nash would have to guard either Wade or Kobe in the half court.

[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jun 30, 2010 at 11:44:27 ]
Originally posted by dobophile:
USA

Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
LeBron James
Chris Bosh
Dwight Howard

Deron Williams, Dwyane Wade, Kevin Durant, Amare Stoudemire, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Carmelo Anthony

World

Steve Nash
Manu Ginobili
Luol Deng
Dirk Nowitzki
Yao Ming

Tony Parker, Pau Gasol, Luis Scola, Andrew Bogut, Andrei Kirilenko, Hedo Turkoglu, Ben Gordon (?)

USA wins easily.

This ^
So I guess we are looking at the starting US lineup for the world FIBA tourney this summer.

I like the US backups in this match.
Team USA
PG-C.Paul/D.Rose
SG/SF-L.James/D.Wade/C.Anthony/K.Bryant/K.Durant
PF/C-D.Howard/T.Duncan/C.Bosh/K.Garnett/G.Wallace
Not a single mention of Rondo?

I'd have him back up CP3
Wasn't Kobe born in Italy? Doesn't he have dual citizenship? If so, he should play for the World team!
Share 49ersWebzone