There are 267 users in the forums

The Back-to-Back NBA Champion LA Lakers Offseason Thread

• dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
heard on Mason and Ireland that Farmar said he is gone, to be a starter. cant find a link

would there be any regrets here if farmar leaves. this leaves this team with a soon to be 36 yr old fish and who else playing the point???

Read the first post in this thread for the most likely candidates.

Add Bell to that list as well. I didn't consider him as a PG, but I see him being a similar player as Ron Harper was on the 99-00 & 00-01 team.

I don't think Raja is near the athlete Harp was.

We need to add speed if Farmar leaves.
Originally posted by dman:
heard on Mason and Ireland that Farmar said he is gone, to be a starter. cant find a link

would there be any regrets here if farmar leaves. this leaves this team with a soon to be 36 yr old fish and who else playing the point???

Add Bell to that list as well. I didn't consider him as a PG, but I see him being a similar player as Ron Harper was on the 99-00 & 00-01 team.

By that time in Harper's career, he was pretty shot due to multiple injuries to his knee, but I do agree with your comment about adding speed. The question is...who? IMO, we need that speed, a guy who can knock down an open 3, a guy who can penetrate aside from Kobe, and a solid defender. I just described an all-star there.

The only guys that I can think of that would add speed are Nate Robinson (too small, dumber than s**t) & CJ Watson. (who I'd like, but I don't see us going after him)

Any other ideas?

Considering our budget, I think that we're going to have to settle on an imperfect option.

[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jun 22, 2010 at 19:54:10 ]

By that time in Harper's career, he was pretty shot due to multiple injuries to his knee, but I do agree with your comment about adding speed. The question is...who? IMO, we need that speed, a guy who can knock down an open 3, a guy who can penetrate aside from Kobe, and a solid defender. I just described an all-star there.

The only guys that I can think of that would add speed are Nate Robinson (too small, dumber than s**t) & CJ Watson. (who I'd like, but I don't see us going after him)

Any other ideas?

Considering our budget, I think that we're going to have to settle on an imperfect option.

SMUSH PARKER

Any other ideas?

SMUSH PARKER

I'd rather have smush parker than nate robinson every day of the week and twice last thursday
Lakers could use a speedy point guard. Not sure they'll find a decent one in the middle of the 2nd round though...
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
I'd rather have smush parker than nate robinson every day of the week and twice last thursday

it would take nate robinson his whole career to learn the triangle
Sharron Collins.
Originally posted by DynastyChile:

Ooo, not me. I dunno. Nate isn't great, but Smoosh f**king Parker?!?
Originally posted by valrod33:
Sharron Collins.

I was thinking the SAME exact thing.

• dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Sharron Collins.

I was thinking the SAME exact thing.

Do it Mitch!

Originally posted by GameOver:
Lakers, Raja Bell may have mutual interest

I wouldn't mind him off the bench, at all.

Eh...it'd be awkward...lol

Supposedly Kobe's one of the big proponents of the idea. Remember, just a little over a year ago Kobe & Artest were elbowing each other in the head under the basket. Hungry, competitive veterans are always a good thing to have on your team. And Bell does have some Tri PG abilities.

My only concern is the loss of athleticism if Farmar AND Shannon are gone.

True, true...however I dont see this like us picking up RonRon because Ron, idk, I like Ron, lol. Im not very fond of Raja, plus Ron never clotheslined Kobe, lol, so I guess its just awkward on my part (as a fan that will be cheering for him)

But regardless, Raja would be quite the addition if we could, in other related news...

Quote:
Phil's Daughter Expects Him To Retire
Jun 22, 2010 9:26 PM EST

Phil Jackson is debating whether or not he will remain head coach of the Lakers for the 10-11 season, but his daughter Chelsea expects him to retire.

“I think this is it," said Chelsea Jackson. "I think he’s done now.”

^Im sure you guys saw that on ESPN's bottom ticket, but in case you didnt...
I think Phil comes back for at least one more year. Maybe 2.
Im kinda looking forward to seeing if the chemistry can improve.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
So if Phil retires, does B Shaw take the reigns?

There's a thread about this on LG. I think B Shaw gets it, but there seems to be a lot of support for Byron Scott. I'd rather go with B Shaw, who can take over and run the same system.
Share 49ersWebzone