LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

The Back-to-Back NBA Champion LA Lakers Offseason Thread

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
So if Phil retires, does B Shaw take the reigns?

There's a thread about this on LG. I think B Shaw gets it, but there seems to be a lot of support for Byron Scott. I'd rather go with B Shaw, who can take over and run the same system.

I think that's what happens as well. You'd have to be crazy to abandon the triangle at this point. I do think Phil comes back though.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
So if Phil retires, does B Shaw take the reigns?

There's a thread about this on LG. I think B Shaw gets it, but there seems to be a lot of support for Byron Scott. I'd rather go with B Shaw, who can take over and run the same system.

I think that's what happens as well. You'd have to be crazy to abandon the triangle at this point. I do think Phil comes back though.

Read a note in the paper this morning that Phil's daughter told SI that she thought Phil was done. I hope she's just talking out her ass.
Quote:
Vanessa Bryant has long been the most famous Lakers wife, and she's not happy now that she has to share the courtside spotlight with Khloe Kardashian and her ilk, according to a report.

In Touch Weekly's press release follows:

Khloe Kardashian is feeling unloved--not because of her husband, Lamar Odom, but because of one of his Lakers teammates' wives. According to an insider, Kobe Bryant's wife, Vanessa, "hates" Khloe and her entire family, whom she sees as attention-grabbing fame-seekers. And instead of hiding her feelings, Vanessa refuses to have anything to do with the 26-year-old. "She won't sit anywhere near Khloe at Lakers games," the insider reveals, adding that because of Vanessa's dislike of her, Khloe has been shut out of the tight-knit circle the other Lakers' wives have formed. "At a dinner for the wives, Vanessa didn't want to invite Khloe," the insider shares. "She said Khloe is a 'fake wife,' and she didn't want fake wives there." The feeling is mutual. The insider says Khloe and Vanessa have "gotten into fights" in the past. And at the Lakers' NBA Finals game on June 17, Khloe brought Lamar's two children, as well as her mom, Kris, and siblings Kim, Rob, Kendall and Kylie--and they all stayed far away from Vanessa.

Quote:
Vanessa Bryant has long been the most famous Lakers wife, and she's not happy now that she has to share the courtside spotlight with Khloe Kardashian and her ilk, according to a report.

In Touch Weekly's press release follows:

Khloe Kardashian is feeling unloved--not because of her husband, Lamar Odom, but because of one of his Lakers teammates' wives. According to an insider, Kobe Bryant's wife, Vanessa, "hates" Khloe and her entire family, whom she sees as attention-grabbing fame-seekers. And instead of hiding her feelings, Vanessa refuses to have anything to do with the 26-year-old. "She won't sit anywhere near Khloe at Lakers games," the insider reveals, adding that because of Vanessa's dislike of her, Khloe has been shut out of the tight-knit circle the other Lakers' wives have formed. "At a dinner for the wives, Vanessa didn't want to invite Khloe," the insider shares. "She said Khloe is a 'fake wife,' and she didn't want fake wives there." The feeling is mutual. The insider says Khloe and Vanessa have "gotten into fights" in the past. And at the Lakers' NBA Finals game on June 17, Khloe brought Lamar's two children, as well as her mom, Kris, and siblings Kim, Rob, Kendall and Kylie--and they all stayed far away from Vanessa.

This is making me hope Doug Christie unretires and signs with the Lakers.

Between Jackie, Chloe and Vanessa, we'd see this everyday:

ESPN says that Phil says he's leaning toward retiring.
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5320083

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

man, that is pretty telling when the HC can't celebrate his 11th Parade because he has health concerns.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Lakers interested in Raja Bell.... Wonder what Kobe would think about that lol.

[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Jun 23, 2010 at 16:08:56 ]
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Lakers interested in Raja Bell.... Wonder what Kobe would think about that lol.

oh its all love man. The drama is just for the fans...they all like each other.

edit...except for those slovenian blood feuds, those are real

[ Edited by danimal on Jun 23, 2010 at 16:16:45 ]
Who is this Devin Ebanks?

Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Who is this Devin Ebanks?

They're calling him a Trevor Ariza without the jumper on LG.

Cool... not drafting a point guard...
Originally posted by socalfan21:

I imagine they figured the guys they might want at PG were going to be available after the draft.
Originally posted by socalfan21:

I imagine they figured the guys they might want at PG were going to be available after the draft.

I hope so I wanted Collins and/or Bouldin
Quote:
I attend WVU so I figured I would give my thoughts on Ebanks for everyone since I've seen every college game he has played. Ebanks was a lottery pick 6 or 7 months ago before his stock dropped because he didn't develop offensively as well as scouts thought.

First I'll start off with the Ariza comparisons. They're spot on. I've been using Ariza to describe Ebanks for quite some time now. Both of their measurements are extremely similar. My opinion is he's a poor man's Lamar Odom in Trevor Ariza's body. His game is pretty much the same as Ariza's with some point forward skills. He's a great rebounder and a good passer. He needs to work on his dribbling though. He did play PG at times for WVU even in the closing minutes. He's good in transition like Ariza and can't hit a 3 point shot to save his life. Hopefully Craig Hodges can fix that. He shoots well inside of the arc and does have a decent mid range jumper. He has potential to be able to develop his mid range jumper to the point where he can consistently knock it down.

Now to his defense. I don't think you could find a single player with a defensive resume like Ebanks. He can defend PGs all the way to skinny PFs and has shut down tons of stars at the college game. He always defended the other team's best player and he takes pride in his defense. He shut down Steph Curry when Ebanks was a freshman. He's locked down Terrico White, Scottie Reynolds, Wes Johnson, Evan Turner (He completely shut down Evan Turner in the 2nd half), and Quincy Pondexter. John Wall needed 18 shots to score 19 points and shot 39% against Devin. Also like I said he is a really good rebounder. He led WVU in rebounding in his freshman and sophomore years.

He is an unselfish team player. There were rumors though that he and Bob Huggins didn't get along and they got into arguments during games.

The things Ebanks needs to work on the most is shooting, dribbling, and just getting stronger. He isn't going to be beat someone off the dribble but I could definitely see him in a couple years bringing the ball up the court and initiating the offense like Lamar does.
Share 49ersWebzone