LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

The Back-to-Back NBA Champion LA Lakers Offseason Thread

Originally posted by ads_2006:
One of my Laker Friends has thrown out the idea of a sign and trade for Chris Bosh.

He suggests that Bynum and Odom would be going the other way.

Is that even possible? Would it make sense for the raptors

It would make a ton of sense for the Raptors. They're about to lose Chris Bosh for nothing, so getting Bynum & Odom out of it would be a pretty damn good alternative.

If Bosh ended up in LA, and I'd be very surprised if he did, it would be for one or the other, plus another contract to make the trade fit the salary cap. Personally, I think he's soft and I'd prefer a healthy Bynum over him by a long shot. The only reason I would even consider the trade is because a healthy Bynum doesn't seem to exist.

[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jun 21, 2010 at 08:48:40 ]
Javaris Crittenton to play on Laker summer league team

I'd definitely take him as our 3rd PG. He has NBA skills, but was in bad situations in both Memphis & Washington. I thought he fit in very well here.

[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jun 21, 2010 at 09:33:27 ]
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

I'd definitely take him as our 3rd PG. He has NBA skills, but was in bad situations in both Memphis & Washington. I thought he fit in very well here.

He seemed to lose a lot of confidence/opportunity after he was traded away in the Gasol deal. I know a lot of us were very high on him before the deal. I'm excited to see what he can do this summer. He was very impressive in his first summer league with us.

Yeah, and I thought he was playing very well in the month leading up to that trade as well. He was finally getting minutes and producing. It's a great high reward/low risk move.

He seemed to lose a lot of confidence/opportunity after he was traded away in the Gasol deal. I know a lot of us were very high on him before the deal. I'm excited to see what he can do this summer. He was very impressive in his first summer league with us.

Yeah, and I thought he was playing very well in the month leading up to that trade as well. He was finally getting minutes and producing. It's a great high reward/low risk move.

I agree with low risk high reward... Hopefully it works out for good. I still rooted for him after he was shipped out truth be told and I rarely root for former lakers so it would be cool to see him make the team.
Originally posted by socalfan21:

I agree with low risk high reward... Hopefully it works out for good. I still rooted for him after he was shipped out truth be told and I rarely root for former lakers so it would be cool to see him make the team.

For Javaris? I would think more like low risk / moderate reward
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by socalfan21:

For Javaris? I would think more like low risk / moderate reward

LOL. Whatever.
For some reason I feel like there's a bigtime Vet out there that's gonna take way less money than he could get somewhere else to come and tag along for a chance at a championship. Who would be the most likely candidates to fit this scenario?
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
For some reason I feel like there's a bigtime Vet out there that's gonna take way less money than he could get somewhere else to come and tag along for a chance at a championship. Who would be the most likely candidates to fit this scenario?

TMac or Jermaine Oneal?
Originally posted by dman:

TMac or Jermaine Oneal?

I guess, but I don't see tmac getting more than 15 minutes a game. Oneal just a little mote than that. You really think they're willing to take THAT big of a step back?
dang you guys are hardcore.

Originally posted by dman:

TMac or Jermaine Oneal?

I guess, but I don't see tmac getting more than 15 minutes a game. Oneal just a little mote than that. You really think they're willing to take THAT big of a step back?

IMO these two definitely dont qualify for "bigtime vet taking way less money". O'neal is flat out not that good anymore, and T mac was a has been a couple years ago. They both take less money because they aren't very good, and be lucky to get on a championship contending team. L
i like your disection of next years roster.
i would definitely entertain a bosh possibility.
with bosh on the roster imagine the match up problems boston/cavs (if they still have james)/magics. we can sign kurt thomas to a league min.
I didn't realize that this T-Mac thing was already considered a done deal......

Quote:

Tracy McGrady would like to sign with the 2010 NBA champion Lakers, and has forwarded that sentiment to his agent and close colleagues, according to sources within the Lakers' front office.

Tracy McGrady, a perennial All-Star and two-time NBA Scoring champion, has undergone a significant hit to his reputation after failed stints in Toronto, Orlando, and Houston. To date, McGrady has not gone past the first-round in the NBA playoffs.

After having battled various knee and back injuries in the past couple years, Tracy McGrady has been working himself back into shape under the strenuous regimen of esteemed athletic trainer Tim Grover. Now that he has finished his physical rehabilitation program, McGrady is feeling rejuvenated enough to make a return in the 2010-2011 NBA season.

Despite having limited intentions to use the Mid-Level Exception this summer, Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak would consider pulling the trigger on the seven-time All-Star swingman should he accept a paycut at the MLE. Ron Artest, the defensive-minded role player who played a huge factor in this year's Lakers-Celtics NBA Finals, has reached out to McGrady to "end his career as a champion."

The Lakers are willing to explore a potential reunion of former Houston teammates Ron Artest and Tracy McGrady once the July 1 free agency begins.

In Los Angeles, Tracy McGrady would be asked to come off the bench as a role player, similar to what Lakers' forward Lamar Odom has done in the past two seasons. McGrady would provide the Lakers' bench unit with some offensive firepower and stability, and be another deadly weapon in the already loaded Lakers' arsenal.

Most importantly, the acquisition of Tracy McGrady would address the important need for a secondary slasher besides Kobe Bryant. As advocated by Laker great Jerry West, "I think they do need some changes. If you look, they have some free agents that are coming up but the thing that would most concern me is I think they need someone else other than Kobe Bryant getting in the lane."

Moreover, unlike former teams in which he was asked to carry the team throughout the entire season, Tracy McGrady understands that a potential role with the Lakers would not require such an emotionally draining position of leadership. McGrady has tremendous respect for the reigning Finals MVP Kobe Bryant, and has made it known that he would gladly accept a lesser role to play alongside whom he considers the best basketball player in the world.

As expressed by one high-ranked official within the Lakers' management, should Tracy McGrady not return to the New York Knicks next season or spurn retirement, "expect the deal to get done by end of July."
^FWIW, The Bleacher Report is made up of fans like you and me who write articles. I could have made the first post in this thread into a Bleacher Report "article" if I wanted to.

The fact that he's supposedly quoting a member of the Laker front office is intriguing, but he could very well be pulling it out of his ass.
^FWIW, The Bleacher Report is made up of fans like you and me who write articles. I could have made the first post in this thread into a Bleacher Report "article" if I wanted to.

The fact that he's supposedly quoting a member of the Laker front office is intriguing, but he could very well be pulling it out of his ass.

I was wondering who might be this executive he got word from.
Share 49ersWebzone