LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

The Official Offseason Thread for the Phoenix Suns

Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Foreigner, afro to Suns

WTF?

How many Small Forwards does this team need?

Even more interesting is that article says that Hedo is going to play PF.
Foreigner, afro to Suns

WTF?

How many Small Forwards does this team need?

PG: Nash, Dragic
SG: Jason Richardson
SF: Hill, Dudley, Turkoglu, Childress, Clark, Warrick
PF: Frye
C: Lopez

I guess we're going Small Forward at Power Forward by Committee

Originally posted by dobophile:
Spurs can has small forward?

Yes. We'll give you Turkoglu and Frye for Tim Duncan.
Quote:
Suns To Hire Babby As Head Of Basketball Ops

League sources have said player agent Lon Babby will be the next leader of the Suns' basketball operations, perhaps as a president.

Babby has represented both Hedo Turkoglu and until recently, Childress.

So is it like "Hey, if you can get us Hedo and Childress, we'll put you in charge of our entire organization"?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Quote:

League sources have said player agent Lon Babby will be the next leader of the Suns' basketball operations, perhaps as a president.

So is it like "Hey, if you can get us Hedo and Childress, we'll put you in charge of our entire organization"?

Champinoship
Originally posted by valrod33:
Quote:

Champinoship

Is that like some kinda wine, or something?
Quote:

Champinoship

Is that like some kinda wine, or something?

lol, im not even gonna edit it cuz it sounds cool
Wow! Lon Babby is running the Suns! Is there another organization in sports that's being run by a former agent?
Quote:

As Grant Hill's agent, he'd been rumored as a candidate for the GM job - I'm sure his connections to Hedo and Childress didn't hurt his case.

Also, while it's unprecedented, I don't see a huge leap in transitioning from Agent to a GM or President of Bball Ops - both require the ability to juggle player egos while having a knowledge of financial workings, albeit from the opposite end of the spectrum. The question is, does Babby have the foresight and ability to put together a complimentary squad? I guess we'll find out.
Quote:

As Grant Hill's agent, he'd been rumored as a candidate for the GM job - I'm sure his connections to Hedo and Childress didn't hurt his case.

Also, while it's unprecedented, I don't see a huge leap in transitioning from Agent to a GM or President of Bball Ops - both require the ability to juggle player egos while having a knowledge of financial workings, albeit from the opposite end of the spectrum. The question is, does Babby have the foresight and ability to put together a complimentary squad? I guess we'll find out.

Yeah, it's a really interesting move that could theoretically work.

Although trading for two former clients that both play a position that's already filled isn't the most promising start.

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Quote:

Although trading for two former clients that both play a position that's already filled isn't the most promising start.

While it might work against a few teams, I cringe at the thought of throwing a bunch of small forwards against big front courts such as the one in Portland or LA. Hedo might be 6'10, but I think he'd be giving up way too much weight in most matchups at the 4 spot; hopefully we're still actively pursuing a deal to land us a legit 4.
Quote:

While it might work against a few teams, I cringe at the thought of throwing a bunch of small forwards against big front courts such as the one in Portland or LA. Hedo might be 6'10, but I think he'd be giving up way too much weight in most matchups at the 4 spot; hopefully we're still actively pursuing a deal to land us a legit 4.
Al Jefferson is on the Block but I dont know what id want in return
The Kings hired Jason Levien, a player agent, to be their Assistant GM, and there were talks he'd be groomed to eventually replace Petrie.

But he left the team last week after a couple years. Never really heard anything from him.

I don't think it's a bad idea, as long as the guy knows the game. I'm assuming Babby has some more plans for the roster.
Quote:

Matt Bonner, deal

Matt Bonner looks like a guy that would play in Minnesota.
Quote:

Matt Bonner, deal

Matt Bonner looks like a guy that would play in Minnesota.

That comment is racist
Share 49ersWebzone