LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 282 users in the forums

The Official Offseason Thread for the Phoenix Suns

Apparently the Toronto / Phoenix deal is actually 3-team deal involving Charlotte as well.

Diaw will be heading to Toronto. Jose Calderon to Charlotte.

There could be another player from Toronto heading to the Bobcats or the Suns. It'll be interesting to see how this all unfolds.
[ Edited by TheSixthRing on Jul 12, 2010 at 11:06 AM ]
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Hedo to the Suns
Josh Childress as well

Bye Bye Barbosa!
link

• ImaMod
  • Veteran

Nash
JRich
Hill
Turkoglu
Frye

Is that our plan so far or if we dont add a big man? We need a big man
Lopez improved greatly last season compared to his rookie season. I think he should get more playing time.
But that is one deadly shooting team, Nash Jrich and Turkeyglue are all amazing 3 point shooters. Nash will just make Hedo look even better
[ Edited by ImaMod on Jul 15, 2010 at 2:39 PM ]
Yeah, pretty classy move by Amare.

I've criticized his public speaking abilities in the past, but I would hope that would not be confused with the class he has shown. He'd handled himself well despite the numerous trade rumors over the last 3 or so seasons.

It is a shame he could not find a deal that suited him enough to stay in Phoenix, and I do wish him well, but that Knicks team is going to be awful.

Maybe Carmelo and Paul will join him by 2012. We'll see.
Suns officially name Lon Babby President of Basketball Operations.
[ Edited by TheSixthRing on Jul 21, 2010 at 2:16 PM ]
Game 6 of the WCF is on NBATV right now!
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Suck it!
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

Suck it!

Goran Dragic lead his team to gold and won the MVP for the Stankovic Cup tournament.

Draft Express ranked Lawal as the 4th best player of the Summer Leagues (though admittedly I don't put too much stock into that)

Here's what they said:

4. Gani Lawal 5g, 15.4 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 49.2 fg%

One of the hardest workers all week, Lawal is a no nonsense low post stud who is not afraid to play physical. Appears to be a 2nd round steal for Phoneix and a guy that should be able to immediately contribute with Amare now out of the picture. His offensive game remains very limited but he's a guy that will do the dirty work and score garbage baskets for the team.

[ Edited by TheSixthRing on Aug 4, 2010 at 22:53:57 ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I have no idea how Lawal ended up in the second round.

I thought he was a bottom of the lottery player a year ago. A year ago he was putting up 15/10 for Georgia Tech and getting touted as a lottery pick. Then Derrick Favors stole his shine.

[ Edited by crzy on Aug 4, 2010 at 23:33:05 ]
The Suns have hired Cavs assistant GM Lance Blanks to be the next GM. I have no idea who Blanks is, but the article on ESPN mentions that he's regarded as a touted up and comer around the league.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5441283

Suns hire Lance Blanks as GM

Lance Blanks was named the new general manager of the Phoenix Suns on Thursday.

Phoenix brought in agent Lon Babby last month to serve as president of basketball operations and his first priority was to hire a GM who could evaluate talent for the franchise.

Blanks and Babby will team to replace Steve Kerr, who stepped down at the end of June to return to his former job as a basketball analyst for TNT.

"After a thorough search, we believe we have found the perfect choice to serve as our general manager," Babby said. "Lance Blanks is a first-rate talent evaluator, basketball executive and person. We are thrilled that he will be joining the Phoenix Suns."

Blanks spent the past five seasons as vice president of basketball operations and assistant general manager for the Cleveland Cavaliers. His departure is just the latest change for Cleveland. In addition to losing superstar LeBron James to Miami, the Cavs fired head coach Mike Brown and saw general manager Danny Ferry resign.

"Lance has been a great person to work with for the last five years," Cavaliers GM Chris Grant said. "He has been a key part of a special group that has helped establish a culture of success that our organization can be very proud of and continue to build off of into the future. He deserves this opportunity and we wish Lance the best as he moves on to the Suns."

A first-round pick out of Texas by the Detroit Pistons in 1990, Blanks had an undistinguished playing career. He played 142 games over two seasons with Detroit and Minnesota, then closed out his career with stints in the CBA and overseas.

After his playing career, Blanks worked in the scouting department of the San Antonio Spurs for five years. He will become the fifth former member of the Spurs organization to be hires as a general manager in recent years, joining Ferry, ex-Blazers GM Kevin Pritchard, Oklahoma City's Sam Presti and New Orleans GM Dell Demps.

Blanks is regarded as a promising up-and-comer among executives in the NBA. He has been mentored by Pistons general manager Joe Dumars, whom he played with in Detroit, and Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich and general manager R.C. Buford.

Blanks will take over a team that has undergone drastic changes since reaching the Western Conference finals last season.

Beside Kerr's departure, assistant general manager David Griffin stepped down after 13 years with the organization. The Suns' roster has also seen significant changes.

Five-time All-Star Amare Stoudemire opted out of the final year of his contract and signed with the New York Knicks. The Suns have tried to replace him by bringing in Hedo Turkoglu, Hakim Warrick and Josh Childress. They also re-signed shooting center Channing Frye.
Game 5 of the WCF on NBATV right now!
Game 5 of the WCF on NBATV right now!

Shut your dirty pie hole! f**k Ron Artest!
Share 49ersWebzone