Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Umpire strike 3 calls

Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by valrod33:
The unspoken rules of baseball are stupid.

If I was a baseball player, I'd bunt to break up a perfect game and then laugh at the pitcher

Then you would get a 95 mile an hour fastball towards your head the next time you came up to bat

Shrug. Not a big deal.

it is if it hits you

It's a free trip to first base. Getting hit by a baseball helps your team.

Tell that to David Wright who has seen his numbers go down ever since he took one to the dome from Cain last year. Definitely hasn't helped his team.

If I was a baseball player, I'd bunt to break up a perfect game and then laugh at the pitcher

Then you would get a 95 mile an hour fastball towards your head the next time you came up to bat

Shrug. Not a big deal.

I'd bunt too. I don't give a s**t about what the pitcher's trying to accomplish. F#%$@ him.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:

Shrug. Not a big deal.

it is if it hits you

Tell that to David Wright who has seen his numbers go down ever since he took one to the dome from Cain last year. Definitely hasn't helped his team.

lol nice try

David Wright's numbers were down BEFORE he got hit in the head last year. Cain hit him in the head in late August, when the season was almost at a close.

Trying to make that the cause of his failures at the plate is silly.
[ Edited by crzy on May 14, 2010 at 11:15 AM ]
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I'm okay with "don't disrespect your opposition" unwritten rules, even though I think some of them (like the Braden thing with the mound) are overly sensitive.

But what are COMPLETELY silly to me are the ones that dictate the competitive elements. Like not bunting to break up a no-hitter? Don't swing at the first pitch after back-to-back HRs? Don't work the count when your team's up or down by a lot? Are you serious? Just in case everyone forgot, the opposing player's JOB is to beat the living crap out of their opponents and do everything possible to rob them of satisfaction or joy. This is sports!!!

QFT

This is how I feel

Shrug. Not a big deal.

it is if it hits you

lol nice try

David Wright's numbers were down BEFORE he got hit in the head last year. Cain hit him in the head in late August, when the season was almost at a close.

Have you seen him hit crzy? No joke WATCH him, he steps in the bucket on inside pitches now, you can SEE that has affected him. Im not talking about his poor production last year, obviously that went all year, I'm sorry I stated it like that, but he has CLEARLY been affected by that pitch and you clearly haven't been watching him if you can't see it.
  • crzy
  • Veteran

Shrug. Not a big deal.

it is if it hits you

lol nice try

Have you seen him hit crzy? No joke WATCH him, he steps in the bucket on inside pitches now, you can SEE that has affected him. Im not talking about his poor production last year, obviously that went all year, I'm sorry I stated it like that, but he has CLEARLY been affected by that pitch and you clearly haven't been watching him if you can't see it.

Interesting.

And I thought Wright was having a rebound year.
crzy check his stats before and after the hit.

When he came back for the final month it affected him
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/gamelog?playerId=6035&year=2009

this year his numbers arent that bad but he is clearly not the same player
[ Edited by valrod33 on May 14, 2010 at 11:27 AM ]

Shrug. Not a big deal.

it is if it hits you

lol nice try

Interesting.

And I thought Wright was having a rebound year.

His homeruns are up, but his average is way down and he K's like a MOFO now. The only reason he is hitting for power again is because he's swinging out of his shoes to hit it out. His plate discipline is also way down, he may have plenty of walks, but he is also swinging out of the zone constantly and his rate of contact is down.

But again, don't just look at his numbers, you have to watch him hit dude, you have to actually WATCH baseball.
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
I think the first dude is a ninja