There are 196 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Straight Out Of L.A

I caught the replay. And I gotta say that Al Davis looks like Gary Oldman's character in the Hannibal Lector movie. He looks absolutely hidious.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
I actually watched this, it was one of my favorite 30 for 30 yet. I can understand why Al Davis didn't want to stay in L.A., but it probably would have been a better move for the franchise.

It was funny to hear the athletes' interviews because Ice Cube kept trying to connect the music with the team and all the players were like ya I identified with some of it, but most of it was way too violent and had nothing to do with anything Raiders.

agreed 100%

I think the point was more about the image of the Raiders, the pirate and swords, the bad ass, bad guy, connected with the gangsta rap image. I don't think he literally wanted to prove that the players connected with the music.
Originally posted by Esco:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
I actually watched this, it was one of my favorite 30 for 30 yet. I can understand why Al Davis didn't want to stay in L.A., but it probably would have been a better move for the franchise.

It was funny to hear the athletes' interviews because Ice Cube kept trying to connect the music with the team and all the players were like ya I identified with some of it, but most of it was way too violent and had nothing to do with anything Raiders.

agreed 100%

I think the point was more about the image of the Raiders, the pirate and swords, the bad ass, bad guy, connected with the gangsta rap image. I don't think he literally wanted to prove that the players connected with the music.

It really wasnt about the music. Although thats where gangsta rap started from...it was more about the image (point by Esco). It was about the Silver and Black, and that generations feelings that connected them with the colors of the Raiders, not just because the team was good, but it was the image and colors of the Raiders that got their fan base going.
F*ck da raiders.

And Snoops dogs.
When I lived in LA, I actually had to educate several people that Oakland was, in fact, home to the Raiders FIRST.

dumb fks.

As far as the best 30/30 episode.... nothing compares to the Len Bias one, for me, for several reasons- recall and life-long impact being the most prominent (of many).
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Someone got a download link ?